Pollination through to Harvest (SKUNKBUBBLE)

Tead Wheelo Poke Smot

Thanks for the comments and Tead I reckon you are going to come up with about 2000 different names before you know it!!

Pollination day 8

Pistils have all accepted the pollen from the dusting and are now starting to form the seed. I envisage seeds will be ready for collection in about 4 weeks. I like them to have a really long period to form and mature.

013102.JPG

Pollination day 10

Bgum_polli_day_10.JPG

The pollination is well under way. I envisage probably about 20-30 seeds from the pollinated branch.

As for collecting, I think perhaps 4 weeks, late September. As a first cross strain, I think for the benefit of selection, and a rudementary procedure, I am growing some WidowSkunk and Bubblegum again. This should allow me to get the right traits for a strain. I am looking for in particular, Colour, Taste, Stoutness of growth, Duration of vegetative and flowering period.

I think the desired traits that will be kept include: The beautiful, full colouration of the WS, its Stoutness and fast Sexing. From the Bubblegum, I am looking to keep the really baseball card gum taste and its full bodied . Both WS and Bubblegum appear to be about the same speed as far as the sexing is concerned. Yield factors will be considered once I get the outdoor grow of the cross started.

Of course I'm on board for this one! How did you like your package with the lil monster face on it, heh. Is that a Tasmanian Devil??? :ganjamon:

Deadtour, I thought it was!! Am looking to get the BJ and CC into full grow as of, well, now! Will be looking to get my first harvest in by 1st December. Clones taken by Late September and a full on grow indoors, and for a change for me, HYDRO, in January.

Am thinking of names for the crosses to come and 2 that keep coming up are :

Kandy Star - Blueberry/Bubblegum Cross

Cheesy Gold - Cheese/Ventura Gold

Your thoughts?

im a cajun in cali. and love the idea of cajun buds next grow season i will try my hand at my first [legal grow]maybe purple swampkush, bayou blu strawberry cough,coonass kush is my favorite..you gotta love wake and bakes.

Day 12 Seed Formation

Seed_day_13.JPG

Seed_day_13_2.JPG

Such a worthwile experience breeding and gathering seedstock. With all sincerity, I cannot recommend highly enough breeding your own varieties!

Vanceredwood,

Have been reading up on Creole and Cajun culture and language. You, and Tead, have inspired me, and I am going to name a strain in honour of the Louisiana delta.

Gris Gris Swa - loosely translated it means : evening voodoo good luck charm , a charm used to keep the "doctor" away at dusk from collecting your soul.

Will be a closely guarded secret the parentage, should be ready for germination in September.

Laissez le Bon temp rouler!!

When I posted the suggestion for the LA (not L.A.) strain (bijou bomb) I could not for the life of me remember how to spell bayou, it just didn't look right, I'm glad you spelled it for me so I can get it right... I love Coonass Kush, great name. I lived in Bama for several years and worked with a Cajun fellow, he always called himself a coonass, had forgotten until I saw it written.

CMX,

I really like the name Bayou Bomb! Coonass is a great name too, its great to see that sometimes a name appears that brings back fond memories. Coonass Kush is a really great name. Hope that vanceredwood gets it up and running.

Back
Top Bottom