Poly's Super Smackadackawhackalicious LED Grow Journal

:goodjob:

Congrats Poly, really impressive!

Mark, you only stock the platinum lights in the us right? I'm in Europe.

Keep up the good work!

Congrats Poly, really impressive!

Mark, you only stock the platinum lights in the us right? I'm in Europe.

Keep up the good work!

We ship worldwide with no problems and only a small extra shipping fee! We also always work with customs to minimize any costs. Just let us know how we can help..

Here's a direct link to Poly's P450 unit: P450 – Platinum LED

:high-five:

We ship worldwide with no problems and only a small extra shipping fee! We also always work with customs to minimize any costs. Just let us know how we can help..

Here's a direct link to Poly's P450 unit: P450 – Platinum LED

:high-five:

Thanks Mark. The thing is that my local customs are checking every package that arrives from outside EU, all my orders from china and US go straight to customs.
I haven't had any problems with taxes or law before because these are all small low priced orders and never related to growing. But as soon as they see this big box from the US and than google Platinumled the first result will be Gov's Litle teaser thread. Busted. lol

Im too afraid to take the plunge. At least for now.

:Namaste:

Buds are swelling, Fan leaves growing fast as hell. Dunno, maybe i shouldnt have put some coffeine into the water ...

:goof:

Thanks Mark. The thing is that my local customs are checking every package that arrives from outside EU, all my orders from china and US go straight to customs.
I haven't had any problems with taxes or law before because these are all small low priced orders and never related to growing. But as soon as they see this big box from the US and than google Platinumled the first result will be Gov's Litle teaser thread. Busted. lol

Im too afraid to take the plunge. At least for now.

Because thats exactly the same Problem i had, Mark had the superb idea to ship it via DHL and add a special service which name i forgot. But it means, that its not opened and you have to pay the customs fee to the DHL Guy that delivers it to you. No questions asked.

Because thats exactly the same Problem i had, Mark had the superb idea to ship it via DHL and add a special service which name i forgot. But it means, that its not opened and you have to pay the customs fee to the DHL Guy that delivers it to you. No questions asked.

Sounds good. Thanx Poly. Are you at Europe also?

:peace:

Nice. Sorry for asking, just read the old thread and its all there!

I'm at Southwestern Europe. I run 400w hps in a very small cabinet. LED's would be great for reducing my temps and save some power.

I'll be joining along for the ride and educate myself if you don't mind.

Not at all! You could also increase the airflow to reduce your temps, but sure - LED reduce the temp and if applied correctly increase the quality and yield.

Not at all! You could also increase the airflow to reduce your temps, but sure - LED reduce the temp and if applied correctly increase the quality and yield.

I already have good airflow, RVK 125 - 220m3/h

I think that with a good LED unit i could even dimm my exhaust fan because my cab is 80cm wide, 50cm deep and 130cm tall.

i have a LIT 420m3/h on 2/5 power, so i should be at ca 160m3/h. And that with 1m x 1m x 2m :) you are more than fine with that and a LED. And you could start with 2x P150 or one P300 LED. P450 would be total overkill for your cab.

By the way, i just smoked a small bud, that i cut off couple of days ago. Nice Buzz! This girls should be really potent at the end.

I agree, the P450 would be overkill. Do you think the P300 will do a good job replacing the 400w hps?

I'm also quite buzzy, critical +

I cant compare LED to HPS since i started directly with LED. But as you can see at TheEngineers Grow, it does a very good Job.

I cant compare LED to HPS since i started directly with LED. But as you can see at TheEngineers Grow, it does a very good Job.

Yeah, TheEngineer has done a quick but great little side by side with a P450 vs 600w HPS. Starts here on page 7: TheEngineer - Grow Journal #1

He feels that the P450 outperforms the 600w by way of tighter internodal stretch and advancement of growth.. and this carried through all the way to page 10. Pretty interesting to see!

I agree, the P450 would be overkill. Do you think the P300 will do a good job replacing the 400w hps?

I'm also quite buzzy, critical +

coupled with what the others have said, LED lighting vs HPS produces more THC and accompanying terpenes.
LED light also causes the plant to produce terpenes not found in those grown under hps. (source side by side lab testing)

Thanks for all the info guys. :thanks:
Indeed, TheEngineer seems convinced. I would have loved to see them going side by side until the end.
Mark, regarding the distance from light to plant, what would you say is the closest safe distance without bleaching or harming the ladies? My flowering cab is only 130cm (51') tall. I can get pretty close with the 400w hps because it is in a cooltube.

LED panel hanging height is the eternal unanswered question it seems! I'll be honest and say that we have customers in every extreme and all inbetweens.

We have some customers that swear by letting the tops get so close that they're practically touching the glass of the panel.. and report no problems with bleaching or burning.

We some 420 members like Tav
.. that like them up higher around 20"-24". Curso likes them around 16".

The sweet spot does seem to be from 12" - 18".. and that's what we recommend to our customers. The best thing is to find what works for you in your particular situation, with your strain, with your environment.

Therefore.. the best height.. is the height that makes your own girls the happiest.. :)

i startet at 20" and have gone down to 15-16" at the moment, but thats just due the fact, that i have a high difference in the height of the plants :)

That's still a good distance for the P450. My plants have loved the spectrum at ~15". It's gotten to less than 8" with no visible ill effects, but I need the slightly bigger footprint.

Back
Top Bottom