Possible bugs?

420yall

420 Member
Hey guys, first time grower and noticed that my leaves have developed yellow spots as well as one of the leaves has a hole it it just after some recommendations as to if I need to bug spray it or if it’s ok? I’m growing outdoors in a pot
B6250998-F718-443C-8563-778C512740B9.jpeg

9B661ED0-284A-4CF6-9E5D-90EA4B467956.jpeg

Firstly, there's far better people than me to answer your question!

The leaf with a hole, is a single blade first node leaf which would usually be dropped by the plant sooner or later anyway. The underside of the leaves is where bugs are most likely to hang out, so taking a closeup pic of some of these and examining them for signs of bugs or eggs can be a good thing to do.

I'm an organic living soil grower so I don't use or have any experience to offer on bottled nutes, but your plant does look to me to be just a little on the 'light' side, which is ok at this stage but soon your plant will start to grow and take off, so I wonder whether it is getting the full nutrients it needs. My feeling is that bugs can invade more easily if the plant starts to struggle with it's needs.

So summing up, I don't see a problem with the first node leaf. But I would keep a close eye on it as it grows in case it starts to lighten further, in which case it will probably need feeding, at this stage you want to avoid it getting stressed and slowing it's progress down.

This is the best photo I could get there looks to be little white things not sure if that is just part of it

I’ve used organic tomato soil (attached) also I haven’t used a fertilizer yet as I wasn’t sure when I would need to do this, any suggestions would be appreciated, done heaps of googling but just need a better schedule so I can keep to it. Unfortunately I don’t know what type they are as they were given to me from a random bag of bud so hard to see what it needs.
I only potted them into this pot yesterday which is 45L but I have 2 of them in there. I love in Australia so the summer is heading towards an end but we still sit around 20degrees most days.

63C98F75-9B82-4448-8AB5-540DE23E2E0D.jpeg

6BFF0A35-451B-4B52-8C53-DCD709EB7632.png

09E500F9-2D98-4498-9786-C5938365910D.png

I assume that is a photo bag seed, and as you are growing outdoors in Australia the solstice has long since passed and this is where the genetic programming of the plant will start to instruct itself to go into flowering mode, so I would imagine your plant will go to flower quite quickly and not grow very big. Next year if you get your plants started in Spring you will potentially be able to grow some huge canopies by starting earlier so they can veg longer.

The white spots don't seem a biggie at present, bugs, eggs, bugcrap? But the leaf closeup appears healthy to me. Keep an eye on them. Maybe consider starting a regular spraying with your favourite bug spray.

The tomato food will probably work great as long as you don't over do it. The Seasol/kelp extract I think is good too.

Awesome thanks heaps, yes very late to the game!! Will be getting auto flowers for next season.

how would I go about the fertilizer schedule? Also would it be best to do this in the AM? With a good watering?

Awesome thanks heaps, yes very late to the game!! Will be getting auto flowers for next season.

how would I go about the fertilizer schedule? Also would it be best to do this in the AM? With a good watering?
As I said I wouldn't like to say on fertiliser schedules as I use organic soil that I've built up over successive grows so it offers the plants a lot of sustenance to be pretty much watering only (I include some worm wee too), there are plenty of folk here who have lots of great experience in fertiliser schedules. I am not sure AM or PM but I'd imagine AM. I think just follow the directions on the packet and you should be fine, because you are growing so late in the season you want to avoid any stress events, over feeding, over watering, bug infestations, underfeeding etc, at this late stage any of those things could dramatically reduce your potential bud harvest, so do your best to keep her happy would be my 2 cents!

Hey 420yall,

Welcome aboard! So you love in Australia yeah cool but where do you grow plants? Ha ha!

Autos are billed as easy to grow but that’s not always the case, in fact it’s very easy to stunt an auto and once stunted the yields will suffer. Autos can be great some growers are killing it with autos but they can also be a pain in the ass. After a full year of growing I still can’t pull off a decent harvest with an auto but I’m rocking some photoperiods. Might I suggest that if you purchase seeds for next round then mix up your order and get both autos & photos but make sure both are feminized seeds. This way you have multiple options... anyway thought this may help you for your next go.

could be mites and they are freaking tiny, check for movement on your plant stalk or bucket rims, they are more active at night. You won’t see mite eggs with your eyes or zoomed up with your phone - a jewelers loupe, pocket microscope or usb digital microscope is needed or you can possibly download an app for smartphone called magnifyer. You may have to snip a leaf and scope the backside for eggs, the problem with magnifying them is you can’t hold the device still enough to see - so that’s why we snip a leaf to get good closeup view

Back
Top Bottom