Possible pest problem or odd looking nutes burn?

Bimmer85

On one of my plants Iv noticed what appears to be insects munching on the leaves. There is kinda a slice and tiny holes. Iv examined the whole plant but can't find any insects or signs other then the marks. While examining the plant I noticed some yellow discoloration which looks like nute burn. I say that because I had that issue with my smaller plant not to long ago. Now my theories are either the nute burn took longer to effect this plant since its twice the size of the smaller one when she got it or some insect. Is it possible moths to be the culprit? I keep the plants in my basement which has openings in the windows and iv noticed moths quite often on and around the plants. But only this one seems to have this problem. What could this be and what can I do to fix this? Also how seriouse of a threat is this in the long run? I'm hoping this is just a little burn and will soon pass. Sorry for the bad quality pics but my phone is all I have right now.
IMG_052610.JPG
IMG_052712.JPG
IMG_05288.JPG
IMG_051514.JPG
IMG_050315.JPG
IMG_049814.JPG
IMG_041310.JPG
IMG_041210.JPG
IMG_041814.JPG
IMG_049615.JPG

Re: Possible pest problem or odd looking nuts burn?

spray the underside with plain water + a mister. if its spider mites, youll see the webs.

if no, use a magnifying glass to inspect the whole plant.

if still nothing... oddly enough i see this every so often on a random plant now and then right before a magnesium def. hits...

i'v also seen this on my latest plant when it was about that size, and NOTHING was wrong... she kept growing, and it went away on its own.

so if you cant find any bugs, just leave her alone, and then treat it once you know what it is... unless it happens to just go away... like with my latest.

edit: i just noticed the pics are taken outside... is it possible they had water on the leaves, and the sun was magnified through the droplets and burnt a few holes here and there?

I narrowed down the problem to a light. I have an addition blue filter plant light I turn one a few times a week just as a boost and the bastard burned her. I didnt realize until yesterday after repotting her and causing another slight burn. (I caught it just in time, light was on only half an hour when I went to check on them) Anyway its nothing to serious and a great lesson learned...

Lol dude thats just a sun spot :D.

Everythings gonna be ok :)

Your posts always crack me up Bimmer, always worrying hehe. But I can tell you care about your plants.

Well yea I do care :) This is my first serious attempt at growing and ever getting a plant past sprouting... lol, When I was 16 I would sprout them in water and plant them under a desk lamp in dirt from the yard. So you can imagine it dying rather quickly. This time I have progress and very happy about it. But unfortunately its more seriouse then sun spots. My camera sucks and you cant always see. It turns out Iv been burning her without realizing. When I bring them in at night one of the lights I had burned her since she was the biggest. I couldnt figure it out till I moved her to a larger pot and she really got burned. I did some damage but I caught it in time. I decided to check on them after I brought them in that night and lucky I did cause in half an hour I did some harm. It was a blue filter "plant light" I added in a few times a week as a boost. Now its gone and I have 10 26w cfls... And a different setup.
IMG_058215.JPG
IMG_058316.JPG
IMG_056512.JPG

Yeah those are totally light burns. 10 26 watt bulbs O.O holy fuck. Lot of lil bulbs ya got there.

For my indoor stuff I have 8 53 watt t5 ho bulbs. The are quite strong and I am happy with their results.

Hmm, well as said the small hole may have just been a growth fault from the plant, or maybe a bug had a quick munch!
But that brown is burning, and if those lights youre using are too close, thats what will happen! What soil are you using too mate? And you havent added any Nute solutions to her yet have you? As she is too early for larger amounts of nutrients..
You should be able to place your cfl's about 2 inch from tops of your girl, you want 6500 k's for veg.. She was looking a little sad in a pic i saw before - Just a thought - Careful with over watering and she may need to be transplanted soon if them pots are nt that big, as you ll be surprised as to the root structures plants can have at that size.. I raise seeds in clear plastic cups so i can see root development.
Goodluck mate, hope they bounce back for ya!:thumb: Catch ya, SMOKEMUP;)

with that many CFL's. i suggest building a big reflector with 5 in a line, and 5 across from it. and put them in a scrog. works great,my system uses 14 26 watt bulbs.

Back
Top Bottom