Possible pest problem?

Doctor Trevor

I noticed one of my two plants, Wilma, has scratches or gnaw marks on two leaves.

At first I thought they were scratches from the aluminum foil I wrap the translucent pots in, but I'd like to be sure. There are no marks on, Betty, the other plant.

I was thinking of transpotting this one next week.

W1-061721.jpg

w2-061721.jpg

W3-061721.jpg

Unless it gets worse or you find actual insects, don't sweat it. I would transplant asap into the final container.
Final container? I was going to step up to a one and then step up to a five gallon.

It’s probably easier to gain an effective kill now on a smaller container of soil as opposed to later when there’s larger enviro for them to spread out. Of course they could be flyers and not soil dwellers but idk. Maybe place a fresh sticky trap right beside it to see who shows up for dinner
This plant is inches away from her sister. And I have not seen any leaf damage on her.

I noticed one of my two plants, Wilma, has scratches or gnaw marks on two leaves.

At first I thought they were scratches from the aluminum foil I wrap the translucent pots in, but I'd like to be sure. There are no marks on, Betty, the other plant.

I was thinking of transpotting this one next week.

W1-061721.jpg

w2-061721.jpg

W3-061721.jpg
I recommend puttin Neem oil and soup mixture into a bottle spray on leaves and top soil during lights out if lights are on u will risk burning your plants also make sure you transplant asap clear pots are no good to much light exposure to the roots are never a good thing clear pots are the worst for cannabis plants also take a look around for pest most pest are visible to the naked eye

I wrap the clear pots in tin foil to prevent light damage. Where would I find Neem oil? A hydroponics store? Is Neem a brand name?

FWIW, I live in a city, in an apartment. You'd think this would've, at least, reduced the chance of bugs.

I wrap the clear pots in tin foil to prevent light damage. Where would I find Neem oil? A hydroponics store? Is Neem a brand name?
Yes you can find in stores but also on Amazon and neem is not a brand it’s a plant neem oil comes from a neem plant 100% safe to use and works fast pest will leave in less then a week

outdoor bugs can feel the cool or warm air exiting our homes around windows and doors, a tiny gap is all they need to enter. Smells of fruit, food refuse in the kitchen trash can and damp soil draw them inside.

Neem oil is the chemical name it’s extracted from crushed Neem Seeds. There is a soil supplement called Neem Meal that’s a 6-1-2 fert but it discourages critters too due to the funky odor. Lowe’s or Home dePot do not carry it, web search to find your local hydroponics store or order online from sources like HTG, Zen Hydro or Amazon.

Since it’s oil based don’t spray Neem during lights on or allow plant to dry before placing it under your lights. One part looks like chew marks the other resembles nute spills, idk why other plant is fine?

Since it’s oil based don’t spray Neem during lights on or allow plant to dry before placing it under your lights. One part looks like chew marks the other resembles nute spills, idk why other plant is fine?
Is that last photo (with more damage) the one you think may be the one with nute damage?

If this is the case, I won't worry about pests. The other photo photos a tiny rip, nothing more. That could've happened with the aluminum foil.

Final container? I was going to step up to a one and then step up to a five gallon.
Why transplant more than you have to? Each time you transplant, even if careful, you are stressing the plant and it takes a few days for them to recover. Basically you're losing growth time each time you transplant. The more I look at the "damage" to the leaves the less I think it's pests. It looks like burn from water/nutes sitting on the leaves and burning from the lights.

So photoperiods can be transplanted multiple times with no stress, it’s how tons of people achieve monster rootballs. The roots can be cut with sterile knife at upcan to encourage the plant to spread its roots out. A few days after upcan the plant will reward you with robust growth which js the opposite of stress. This is what every nursery in America suggests when you buy a shrub or ornamental tree for transplanting.

Autos can be transplanted but it is considered a pro move. Yes transplanting can stunt an auto if you piss her off by disturbing the roots. Sure this can be stressful for an auto that’s why it’s not recommended for new growers

I've seen no further damage on Wilma--and none on Betty. Given this, I believe this was nute burn and not an insect.

I'll transpot Wilma tonight. And Betty in a few days (she's a week younger than Wilma).

Thank you, everyone.

Last night I fed both girls after transpotting Wilma into a one gallon cloth pot. Betty will likely be transpotted in a week.

I mixed up a quart of nute solution consisting of:
.5 tspn of Terpinator
.5 tb of Big Bloom
I adjusted the pH according.

Betty received about six ounces of the solution before there was runoff. Wilma received about sixteen ounces before runoff (I gave Wilma's new soil some water prior to the feeding.

W1-061821.jpg
W2-061821.jpg
B1-061821.jpg

Back
Top Bottom