Possibly TMV problem

Coerdringer

Hello guys,
I've decided to make my own post, since I haven't found anything that might help me, across the google search results and also on our threads.

So as in the tittle, I suspect the TMV for a long time now.
I was worried about this weeks ago, and I'm worried now. But I've decided to perhaps take an action, if I find any way to cure the causes at least a little.

I'm currently at my first grow, finishing since almost a month. Few words of explanation - Theorethically I probbably should have harvested almost month ago. But this is if you believe what breeder says. So of course I added 2 weeks to that or more, but here's the thing. Also, few weeks ago, I got estimation(at the point when I thought my plant has only maybe 2 weeks to go) from Penny that this plant has far more to go, and it needs at least 4 weeks. Fair enough. And here I am, more than 4 weeks later.

So again, I suspect the TMV for a long time now, because few weeks ago, I got effects similiar to plants that got infected with this virus, but the response from fellow growers, as you may have guessed, was it's more likely pH fluctuations or nutes burn. I checked the pH of runoff water - turned out fine, so this and few days later - plants got only plain water to flush them a little. I don't know if it actually worked, but I didn't see the symptoms of possible nutes burn or issues with pH getting worse, so I guessed it may actually be TMV. I did some research, it ocurred to me that TMV is not that dangerous - it twists your plant and significantly slowes your growth, but nothing more actually, so I though "eh, screw it, I guess I can't really do much" and let it be.

But I've been checking the trichomes since the last two/three weeks, impatiently waiting for them to turn cloudy, so I can flush finally, and then finally harvest. But as the days went by, I didn't see much of a difference in the apperance of the plants. Well, okay - they riped a little, around 50% of the pistils got brown, and I can see cloudy trichomes(or at least I think they are cloudy. Well, to be honest, they are more of a mix of cloudy and clear, and not 100% cloudy). Although with trichomes it's tricky, cause I thought they are cloudy when I flushed them like 2-4 weeks ago(not sure if it's actually 3, or 2/4 weeks), and I consider them not that cloudy now. And definitely not amber.

So this is also why I think they got this virus, it's going soooooooo slow, and the buds are ripping forever.
Today, I decided to give the TMV last final though. I read about it, and on different forums, including this one, I found people mentioning some ... Hmm... I guess nutrients? I don't know how to call it. But the thing is, in some cases it of course didn't cure it, but really helped the plants not to lose possible yield and made them more live.

So my main question is - Do you know any "drug" for plants, or a nutrient,fertilizer, that could help me with this virus?

Here are some photos taken 11 days ago(I also included them in my journal). I'll go make few more from today, so you can have comparison. In my opinion, nothing really changed during these 11 days.

As you can see, I have 2 plants. First one is the left one and the other is the right one.

TLT_7690.jpg
TLT_7691.jpg
TLT_7693.jpg
TLT_7694.jpg
TLT_7695.jpg
TLT_7696.jpg
TLT_7697.jpg

Ohhh, now that I think of it, that might be the cause. I have 2 lights, the main one 125W CFL Phytolite 2100K, and additional one, bought around 2 weeks ago, CFL 85W 3000K. I knew that it would get me smaller yield, but I didn't think of longer flowering time.
And currently I'm not using any, since they are around 2 weeks(maybe more) into flushing phase. But earlier, during flowering I used Plagron pk 13-14 with ATA Terra Leaves (npk 2-1-3)

Ugh, it always comes to the light I see... But unfortunately they are too expensive(let alone the fact how much you have to pay monthly for a 1000W light). Alright, I guess I'll consider my issue as "under lit", and also consider giving them a week of PK and then flushing it again.
Thanks for your help!

Here's your answer. P k deficiency from fade in flower. Totally normal not bad. I have a plant with the supposed TMV.... she's the frostiest of the 3. It's disputable whether or not there has even been a true confirmed case in cannabis.

9a32ef9a9ea1d4ef2dea9070b23688b9.jpg

I'm not sure of electric rates where you are but for me it cost about 65 a month to run my grow with a total of 3000 watts. You can get decent HID setups for 150 n they do pay for themselves very quickly. It looks like you have some nute burn, I'd suggest next go around feeding them less PK but for a longer time. Hope that makes sense

Uhh, well 65 is not that cheap to me(especially because I'm growing it under my parents electricity(currently at uni. nope, not moving out until i finish it with an engineer at least. but even if I moved out, it would get even more difficult with paying rent). Currently I guess it's around 13 with my current setup, and I wouldn't dare to go up to even 50, let alone 65. You know, I don't want to cost them even more. I would definitely consider if I had steady job, but you know - univeristy.

And speaking of PK deficiency or a nute burn - consider the fact that I am at 12 week of my grow(approximately), and they are autos(both are auto ak47 feminized). So I'm in between giving them 1 week of PK, hoping it doesn't suddenly decide to show amber trichs, meaning that it got past the potency point I wanted, and going even further, since I have to flush it for at least a week... And just leaving them be for another week, just waiting, as I did in the past 2 weeks

Alright, noted! And next time, it'll definitely be better, since I will start with proper light from the beginning(with my current(first grow) one, I started with only the some kind of standing lamp(technically with a bulb of 20W) for the first 11 days since germination, cause I thought I would at least germinate them, and by the time my package comes, and I will be able to have proper light for the seedling, but there were few issues, and the day with proper light was delayed - i got the proper one after 11 days since germination), and I will be better at dosage.

Back
Top Bottom