Pound per plant

LED is most efficient in doing that.

Yeah, that kind of statement is comparable to getting burned when you splashed boiling water on your arm and then stating, "Water is hot." There are still LOTS of led grow light devices in the marketplace that are major [/FAILs] in comparison to HID. You cannot really make generalities like that (at least not with accuracy).

Debatable and only applies to few led lights... not all...

Oops, you beat me to it while I was creating a post in another tab. That's me, a day late and a dollar short ;) .

I'm curious. What can be defined as top tier led in your opinion?
Well forum here pushes against supporting other products so I'm not going to support a particular product but rather give an opinion on a wide selection of products.

Of the sponsors here Mars is a good value if you want to spend on the low end but not fan of form factor / and a little low on performance. I do like their new 200W bar a lot. Kind is good but expensive. HLG is really good but lacking on housing if you are doing a commercial grow with fire inspections and OSHA etc but good for the 30 light or less guy or the home guy. Of the non-sponsors spectrum king is okay performing but weak in it is a centralized point source. Fluence is really good and light and priced fairly around $1500 for 660W. LEDs not sealed though. Gavita has a new light, haven't seen performance but expect good and it undercuts Fluence on price. Raymatix is a new one that I've tried recently and it is really good. Best value for a professional housing with the high performance for a pro grow for sure. It is a mark under Gavita's $1400 in price and is IP65 and its modular so you can go 200/400/600/800W at any time and reconfigure. Downside is because of modular form factor it adds weight but if you have a decent pulley and its in a stud its fine. Blackdog is pretty good but is expensive and not a fan of UV (damages equipment, lines, and risk to people in the room). Buy a cheaper light and use UV as needed. California Light Works is supposed to be good but never tried it myself.

On a lot of these you get what you pay for up until the $1800 mark and then you're paying for advertising or inefficient build style. HLG finished lights might be best value because they don't have a lot of thrills in terms of 600nm red, IP65, lens to protect LED so you just get LED, some sheet metal and a supply and they work well.

At this time in veging in 600 watt hps left side.
Led 150 light 10watts per light comparisons 300 to 400 watt draw on the right side.
Doing home work
20190127_165518-1.jpg

Led 150 light 10watts per light comparisons 300 to 400 watt draw on the right side.
Doing home work
20190127_165518-1.jpg
Keep us posted i suspect the hps buds will be more dense and full buds while the led will have airy loose buds, I have been there done that like 5 years ago sure the LED lights improved but lumen output and spectrum makes a massive difference I love led for veg but I personally veg with a 1000w light and I always get fast growth and only a slight knock up on my electric bill even while running a 56 watt air pump a fan a computer a window ac dedicated to the tent and my good ol'work mule the 1000w but I suppose that's all relative because some people can't afford the high month bill. In the end more money doesnt always equal more bud but in general you get what you pay for.

Same stain sisters clones

Make sure you place some kind of opaque wall in between the two sides, otherwise it won't be a truly accurate test due to the spectral mixing.

Radio wave ⏰⏰⏰⏰!
Yes the cops know what to look for
Lol i was looking into building my own piezoelectric ultrasonic fog generator and while looking into already created designs for a driver there was warnings all over the place about being careful not to accidentally generate certain radio wave frequencies because they're used by the military and it's illegal to generate or receive those types of radio waves, DIY in growing can lead you down some weird paths.

Question is Grams/Watt. Plant could be any size. LED is most efficient in doing that.
Most efficient because it's actually 150 watts not 1000w and so on a 1000w LED burns just as much energy as a 1000w hps and you have to have a mixture in your spectrum so when a few bulbs go out you get to replace that 1000$ light or get it repaired where as when a bulb goes out on an hps you just replace it.

Its morsen technology 3 chip 1500led.
10 watt per chip it has 150 chips.
Has a dual draw 345 watts
I got a generic one like that at first with the same chips. Philson 600 turned out to be a 100w light. I got 2 meizhi 450s now that has actual draw of 460 all switches on. Huge improvement

I'm not sure of the tech terms. I'm learning now but I believe in led lighting.
And it all about the guts of the tech inside.
You can look up free energy and see videos of guys making energy with copper wire and a magnet. If you can light up a low wattage light with a magnet and a lettle copper wire it not that big if a leap to make a 10 watt light work with 2watts of power. This is real science and it works.
So yes we need to make sure the real tech is in the lights we buy.

I'm not sure of the tech terms. I'm learning now but I believe in led lighting.
And it all about the guts of the tech inside.
You can look up free energy and see videos of guys making energy with copper wire and a magnet. If you can light up a low wattage light with a magnet and a lettle copper wire it not that big if a leap to make a 10 watt light work with 2watts of power. This is real science and it works.
So yes we need to make sure the real tech is in the lights we buy.

my first grow and i have to say i also believe in LED lighting. I'm using a few that might have been called "Chinese blurple Crap" but in week 7 of flower i'm looking at some pretty nice buds with about 2 or 3 weeks to go. I don't subscribe to the "how much does it pull from the wall" talk because if that's all that mattered we'd all just get HID lights instead because you'd be paying the same for the power.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the 800+ watts that my 4 lights are pulling from the wall are doing much better than an 800 watt HID would do. ( remember this is my first grow ever )

These pics are from a week ago.
20190203_194138.jpg20190203_194255.jpg20190203_194600.jpg

My latest grow using qb132 3500k (12 panels) is looking pretty good. Definitely achieved 5 ounces per plant as my first harvested plant with the least big buds still gave the 5 ounces plus a full jar of popcorn and a cram packed full jar of trim.
I'm so ready to try this strain again while incorporating a good lollipop so I get nothing but upper dense golf ball sized tops.
I ran 750watts for most of flower before going to 900 watts for final 3 weeks or so.
20190209_094020.jpg20190209_094033.jpg20190207_033451.jpg20190207_033438.jpg20190207_033837.jpg20190207_064405.jpg

my first grow and i have to say i also believe in LED lighting. I'm using a few that might have been called "Chinese blurple Crap" but in week 7 of flower i'm looking at some pretty nice buds with about 2 or 3 weeks to go. I don't subscribe to the "how much does it pull from the wall" talk because if that's all that mattered we'd all just get HID lights instead because you'd be paying the same for the power.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that the 800+ watts that my 4 lights are pulling from the wall are doing much better than an 800 watt HID would do. ( remember this is my first grow ever )

These pics are from a week ago.
The pull from the wall is a valid question when referring to a chinese box style light. They are often over-stated as a compare to wattage or a maximum wattage the LEDs could be driven but aren't driven. With a high efficiency LED, LED watts can about halve that of HID but often a 1200W replacement is like 210w wall draw which is more like 400W of HID if, big emphasis on IF, they are high efficiency which in products misstating their literature they are often not high efficiency otherwise they wouldn't need to play those games. That is where people are asking for actual wall draw on LED. So yes, 800 true watts of LED (even not great quality fixtures) should out perform 800W HID on a watt to watt basis.

Back
Top Bottom