powdry mildew 2 weeks from harvest HELP

fastfor20

ok the pics

IMG_1141_1600x1200_.JPG

IMG_1140_1600x1200_.JPG

The plants still look good what can I do to save my harvest?

IMG_1121_1600x1200_.JPG

IMG_1118_1600x1200_.JPG

IMG_1159_1600x1200_.JPG

I'am to far along for this we have the room at 80 deg and 40% RH will I be able to let it go till harvest or what?

ok the pics

I'am to far along for this we have the room at 80 deg and 40% RH will I be able to let it go till harvest or what?

High fastfor20.

The best and least harmful way to treat this is with good old baking soda. Stir baking soda into water until it won't dissolve any more, a saturated sol'n, put the liquid in a sprayer and soak 'em down good. The baking soda will change the leave's surface to pH 7 and the mold can't grow.

I double checked my grow bible and that's what Jorge recommends. Spray just after lights out so you don't get foliar spots. Leave the dried soda on the leaves to prevent new growth.

Damn nice plants by the way.

Hope that helped. :peace:

nice trick labrat, I was going to suggets a little sulfur compound . works probably the same. used to spray apple trees w/sulfur for diseases back in the day

nice trick labrat, I was going to suggets a little sulfur compound . works probably the same. used to spray apple trees w/sulfur for diseases back in the day

I kind of wonder if the sulfur might not impart a taste to the buds if the plants are well into flowering. I know if I had a bunch of vegging plants with a problem I would use bigger guns to combat it than I would if they were flowering. The next time I have a run in with thrips or mites tho I'm gonna nuke those bastards no matter what! lol

C'ya. :peace:

you are probably right about taste being affected, hell there are a lot of things that would work ph down for one as well as the sulfur, but soda is probably the best option since they are well into flowering

I've been battling the PM for some time now. I am going to NOT start any new flowering plants and shut my flower room down for a few weeks and sterilize it before I start up again. Quite a loss.

I've sulphur burned. I used Penetrator and ZONE. All seem to do a good job but it keeps coming back,,, hence the super cleanse of the room.

Last harvest I sprayed with 'THAT STUFF", a product i got at my grow supplier that does the same thing as the baking soda and gets a high ph on my plants. I did this while harvesting and raised the temp in my drying room so the water would not cause mold and it did cause the plants to dry faster.

I carefully trimmed and after two months of cure, no sign of mold or mildew in my buds. BUT I'VE GOT TO GET RID OF THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!

ANY OTHER IDEAS?

LUCY

i dont think that spraying it with baking soda is intended this far along into flowering... I saw some spots that could be a PM and am looking into it as well. the bible said to do that during vege. i could be wrong, but good luck, if you figure it out let me know whats up.

Baking soda can leave some spots on leaves you know. Potassium Bicarbonate seems to work a little better and is far less expensive if purchased on Amazon.

I wonder if Hygrozyme helps prevent PM from starting.

im asking because i noticed something that could be PM on a leave, removed that leave from the garden and am just worried about controlling it. im about 3.5 wks into flowering

you have probably harvested but they didn't look that bad for only 2 weeks left , i had this prob best thing is to keep pulling leave each morning and flush as asp, harvest and go get a dehumidifier for the next time peace : )

im asking because i noticed something that could be PM on a leave, removed that leave from the garden and am just worried about controlling it. im about 3.5 wks into flowering
once you see it you have it. You can use a sulfer pot or spray. However the spray kills all your pistals and slows down your grow. We did it and have not seen any PM since, for us we are going to use the pot in the first 3 to 4 weeks of flower and hope the last 3 weeks are PM free:peace:

you have probably harvested but they didn't look that bad for only 2 weeks left , i had this prob best thing is to keep pulling leave each morning and flush as asp, harvest and go get a dehumidifier for the next time peace : )
Thanks for the look, we still havnt harvested still have a couple to go we have 2 dehumidifers and never get over 50% for longer then 1 hr or so. But I think we had it from veg, just lack of exp. I think we are solid now.:thanks:

once you see it you have it. You can use a sulfer pot or spray. However the spray kills all your pistals and slows down your grow. We did it and have not seen any PM since, for us we are going to use the pot in the first 3 to 4 weeks of flower and hope the last 3 weeks are PM free:peace:

Thanks for the look, we still havnt harvested still have a couple to go we have 2 dehumidifers and never get over 50% for longer then 1 hr or so. But I think we had it from veg, just lack of exp. I think we are solid now.:thanks:

That PM is a pain in the rear!!! Lost a few rounds from it...HORRIBLE!! We just found out about the sulfur and dehumidifiers!!

GOOD LUCK!!

Almost everyone I no that is growing in So Cal has gotten this , a bad season and from the looks of yours they should be done , don't be afriad to harvest a litte early because just when you think this stuff is gone it comes up from the bottom to ruin your crop ugggggg !!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom