Ppm after nutes?

4me2kn0

I start with RO water at 0ppm and after I mix nutes I test ppm again and it's always around 500ppm. Is this enough or should I be adding more nutes, I've seen some say theirs are around 1200ppm. I'm growing in soil happy frog/ocean forest/perlite mix. I'll add a pic of nutes I'm using.

20230131_193544.jpg

I would definitely keep checking ppms even with foxfarm soil.
Always add cal/mag first. Stir and wait 5 mins until adding other nutrients. With Ro water, calmajic recommends 5mls per gallon. But I would start off 3mls when they're younger.

Definitely keep your PH inline too. You should be fine with 6-6.5ph

1200ppms are for really big plants that are typically in flower by that time.

Rough estimate PPMs on maturity:
Seedlings 100-200ppm
Veg 200-800ppm
Flower 800-1000ppm

Water/feed until runoff everytime

A lot of folks run Ocean Forest with Salt base nutrients.

I would definitely keep checking ppms even with foxfarm soil.
Always add cal/mag first. Stir and wait 5 mins until adding other nutrients. With Ro water, calmajic recommends 5mls per gallon. But I would start off 3mls when they're younger.

Definitely keep your PH inline too. You should be fine with 6-6.5ph

1200ppms are for really big plants that are typically in flower by that time.

Rough estimate PPMs on maturity:
Seedlings 100-200ppm
Veg 200-800ppm
Flower 800-1000ppm

Water/feed until runoff everytime

A lot of folks run Ocean Forest with Salt base nutrients.
Do you recommend flushing with plain ph'd water after every 3 or 4 feedings?

Do you recommend flushing with plain ph'd water after every 3 or 4 feedings?
In soil it is common to use a feed/water/feed/water schedule, giving pH adjusted water every other time inbetween the nutes. The reason for this is that the soil will capture roughly half of what you are feeding them, for the water only pass. This schedule also helps the soil stay clean and avoid lockouts from excess nutes. If you don't alternate water and feed, you will be wasting a lot of feed and clogging up your soil.

The water only pass is not called a flush by those in the know... a flush is something else, it is how you clean soil that has been getting nutes for a while and that is starting to experience a salt lockout, because the by product of your nutes becoming available to the plant, is salt. This salt will continue to build up, and eventually it needs to be removed. We call this flushing. It takes 3x the size of your container in fresh water to properly flush your soil. Most chelated nutrients will benefit from a flush 2 or 3 times during the grow, typically when going from VEG to BLOOM, and then 5 or 6 weeks into bloom as you are nearing the end.

That's the combo I use religiously up until flower. But I grow in coco now is why I use cal/mag. I did use that soil and I would go easy on the nutrients. Your soil should have enough for the plants for at least three weeks. I always follow the GH feed chart and start at 50% strength and move up from there. I raise my ppm's the minute they show signs of hunger. I have learned I do just as good or even better going easy on the feedings (and the bottles with skulls and shit on them). I am able to keep my ppm's down to around 800 at the most during flower and 600 average through most of veg.

Back
Top Bottom