Prairie's Trying Again - SCROG

I have read in several different places that changing the light cycle like that will make them HERMIE on you.

This is what I'm worried about.. I haven't changed the light cycle yet, mainly because it looks like it is almost ready to harvest. Most trichs are still clear, with maybe about 10% cloudy. Everything is looking great, just small buds. It all depends on how soon I spot the thrips return.

Changing the light cycle or not is the advice/comments/opinions from the fabulous folks that roam these digital halls. Guess I need to do some more searching on it, but now I can add hermie to the query.

Kunta's Spider Mite Advice

And here is HOW THEY GOT THERE:

HELP I GOT SPIDER MITES

Upon investigating or asking some questions, WHEN WE WONDER HOW A GROWER GOT SPIDER MITES, we learn...............

They did not know

I have actually read that posted several times on the forum.

I've always kept my one mother in dirt, away from the stealth closet. Wanted to slow her down, take her time, no hurry. But when I had to bring in the genetics ( to keep it going) it was all in dirt and I did spray them all down. But I think the infection started in the stealth hydro closet, not where the mothers are. The mothers had a lot less noticeable damage, actually very little. Soaked them good this time.

I'll soak everything down Friday night, unless I spot one. I did it right before the lights went off, then added some extra fans for the night. Noon the next day, they were clear and did not look to bad.

So far, I've not seen another little critter running around. Though I haven't checked today.

I've also not noticed any damage on the buds and close in leaves. Just out on the big leaves.

IMO, besides the flamethrower of course... The soap spraying your doing should cut them down in numbers. I have had small pest problems here and there and the best thing to do is give the ladies an anti bug spray down :) keep us updated!

:cool:I wish I could burn it all down. Only problem is I trashed the last grow at three weeks in veg. Now I'm close to harvest at 12 weeks since making clones, and running out of meds.

The Sensi Star though is going great. I'll grab a couple of pics of it tonight and post them. I started with 4 cuttings, and ended up tossing two. They had no damage on them, nor could I find any of the thrips on them. But they got the soap wash anyway, as did the walls, floors, and everything.

More latter with pics.... Oh yeah, I've rounded up $$ to get a inexpensive camera this weekend. So I will be able to do better images.

Prairie

Here are pics from last night. Still haven't found any thrips since soaping, but will soap tonight or in the morning.

The stealth closet, buds everywhere, too bad none are large...
IMAG01842.jpg

And the Sensi Star at two weeks veg...
IMAG01852.jpg

Prairie

SUCH A BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL GROW !

I hope you got rid of them dang mites.

Thrips, not mites. There is a difference Thrips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which is why it took so long for us to figure it out. The normal signs from mites weren't/aren't there, which is what I've been keeping an eye out for. Thrips are much smaller and harder to see.

Prairie

Everything is still looking good. We have done two soapings on all the plants. Haven't seen a single critter since the first washings.

I've uploaded a couple of pics from the last week or so.

this is from our new camera, and playing around with it.
What_a_nug.jpg

Here is a nug I picked just now...
Fresh_Bud_OG_Choc1.jpg

And here shows actual size....
Microscope_with_small_bud.jpg

Trichs are still mostly clear, with a few cloudy coming in. I saw maybe one or two trichs that were amber, but hardley any at all.

Prairie

Another week, not much to report.

Been fighting the heat, but the temps in the closets have stayed below 78. A little warm for the babies, so I added some HydroProx to the bubbler, and have been adding some cold water every day. Temps are a little high but... This closet wasn't planned and I don't want to invest much into it. The mothers in there are doing good. Slow with a little new growth.

The SC (Stealth Closet) is still doing alright. The ladies finished 12 weeks in flowering today. This dang indica is killing my flow.

No growth what ever, trich production hasn't been much more, but maybe a little. Still don't really see any amber trichs, other than a rare one here or there.

Some images...

Starting off with the SC....
0814_Stealth_OGC-1.jpg

And a nice bud inside of the SC...
08014_Bud_OGC-1.jpg

A close up of a bud I picked..
Image60.jpg

And a shot of microscope taking the last pic..
Picture_03316.jpg

Lebowskii, that bud was very interesting. Took two quick hits from my stone (you can see it at the corner of the book). One of the fastest head rushes I've had in many years. Very sharp. Soft taste like I expected, with a whack of green (from fast drying), a little fruity. But it was missing the taste I've seen this phenotype produce. But that was grown under twice the light as mine.

Well off to get the jet ski out so we can go to the lake tomorrow..

Prairie

I'm still here, and the it is still going. :/

Lots has happened since I last posted. The OGC is still going, and well. Keeping a close eye on it, checking every other day or so on the trichs.

OG_Chocolate_0826_002b1.jpg

and here is a comp from 10 days...
OGC_0827_Compare.jpg

I'm now at I'd say:
5% amber
30% cloudy
65 % clear

So I'm thinking harvest is this weekend or next week. crossing fingers.

What has been eating my time has been the other closet. I knew I wouldn't be able to keep a tub cool enough in there, and I was right. Two weeks into veg and root rot. Also my mothers were not doing good, and I lost the AK-47 mom. So I'm in the middle of re-fitting the new closet. Ripped everything out, doors, floor, parts of walls (this was a built in closet in the wash room from previous owner).

Put in swinging doors instead of the sliding doors. Bought a small dorm room fridge and converted it to a chiller. It is keeping two tubs at 70 degrees in a room that is between 80 to 90 right now. New exhaust fan on its way, should be here tomorrow, which should bring down the temps to 70 to 80.

A small table inside to sit the tubs on, so I don't have to be bending over all the time. My former genetic supplier brought over a Sun system 4 T5 200 watt 4 foot long light, which takes the closet to 524 watts. should be giving me about 10,000 lumen per square foot. Which is more than the stealth closet.
I'll put pics up, once the closet is finished.

Prairie

Nice trichome pictures.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom