Prairie's Trying Again - SCROG

Life on the prairie has been tough.... Sorry about not getting this finalized on here.

During the first weeks of September, the plants started to re-growing. Kept checking the tricomes every few days, but they didn't seem to change much.

Right around my last post, we started to see some amber, and more cloudy. Then on the 1st of September I found a male pollen sack. I almost cried. Then a few days later, during which time we had decided to harvest after the weekend, I found the largest bud site had mold deep inside of it. I now cried.

We harvested that night. The weekend was going to be a problem with us traveling and I would worry the whole time. We opened each bud site that might hold mold and checked it. No other bud had mold.

Out of the four plants, after drying, and curing for three weeks, the final output was 187 grams. It filled two and half of these half gallon mason jars I had. From the trim we made ice hash. Being the first time trying that, I'm not sure if we did it right. We got around 5 grams of hash, using a silk printing screen of 220, took about four hours. I'll try to come back and post how we did that later (or in the DIY area).

SANY00051.JPG

Almost all of the buds were small, yet there were many. Here is a picture of them:

harvest_092010_011b.jpg

This was a very stresful grow. The worse I've ever had. So I'm very happy with the out come after thrips, hermie males popping out, and then the mold. The middle of summer was wetter than usual this year. there was little I can do to get rid of humidity. But I have some ideals on that and will start testing them out on the closet.

Thanks to everyone for all their input and help. The community has been a great help and resource.

Prairie Poet

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Looks good to me so far. At first I thought your holes on the screen were to small. But in the last picture it shows the nodes popping up just fine. Right now I'm trying to determine sex on several of my plants and its taking a little longer than I thought. As soon as I sex I want to do a ScrOG.

Looks good to me so far. At first I thought your holes on the screen were to small. But in the last picture it shows the nodes popping up just fine. Right now I'm trying to determine sex on several of my plants and its taking a little longer than I thought. As soon as I sex I want to do a ScrOG.

Hey WW,

Well, this grow is from a year and a half ago. Several changes made since then.

Now I use weed whacker string and weave my own screen. Spacing at 2 inches. I'll see if I can get a newer pic up.

Lately I've been fighting a lot of pest problems. I have them under control, but can't seem to just get rid of them. What I get for taking in from a friend who shut down. the plan was to rebuild from the ground up come this winter. But that changed over the weekend and after this grow I'm shutting down for 4 to 5 months to rebuild.

I'l start a journal when I get going on it. I have most of the layout drawings done, playing around with electrical wiring.

Keep the Faith!

Nice setup prairiepoet! I have (3) 4 site stealth hydro dwc buckets, could I put one screen over the whole footprint? And I see u sayin it should have been closer, at what distance is the optimum placement?

Nice setup prairiepoet! I have (3) 4 site stealth hydro dwc buckets, could I put one screen over the whole footprint? And I see u sayin it should have been closer, at what distance is the optimum placement?

Sorry, I didn't see this until today.

You could easy put a screen over multiple buckets. Though I would be tempted to have one screen to each bucket. The reason is to be able to get around the whole thing and work under neath the screen.

The best distance is just enough you can get your hands under it to work on training the plant across the screen. I'd say between 10 to 16 inches.

I've since changed over to using weed whacker string woven through the PVC frame to create the screen. It gives me 2 inch grid to work with and makes it a bit easier. Which means the screen is usually around 10 inches frmo the bucket top.

QUOTE=PrairiePoet;1083088]Hi Cheese,

Thanks for stopping by and for the compliment. :thanks:

My reflector is made from 1.5 inch PVC, and some light sockets I picked up at the salvage yard. I fit some rubber O-rings around the sockets and that keeps them stuck in the T's very well. If needed I can gently pull the sockets out, being careful not to pull the wiring with it. The wiring all runs on the inside the PVC and I cut a hole on one corner for the plug. I should have drilled a hole and put a grommet there, but oh well. They do droop a bit, so after this grow I'll pull it apart and use some silicone caulk, which should hold the sockets in better.

It is a bit heavier than I had wanted, but it works very well. After several grows I've noticed the PVC is turning a light brown where the bulbs are closes to it. But I checked and I can scrub it off, so it isn't the PVC burning. So I don't know exactly what that is. Most likely pollen from the flowers gets stuck on it, then the heat from the lights browns it. shrug

Prairie[/QUOTE]

PRETTY AMAZING HOW HELPFUL EVERYONE IS!!!!! 57 yr old NEWb and prayin hard somebody sees this..... Got 2 autos at 8 weeks and they are 4 inches tall.... Have flushed and going deepwater culture and 15 min feed every 4 hours from top.... got leaves and will see what happens..... THIS SITE IS FREAKING AWESOME !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom