Prep & Build Journal for Attic Indoor Grow - Using 400W HPS & Soil Medium

Alidan11

Hello future friends and collaborators!

I've become familiar with seeking needed information here, and excited to share my journey as I attempt my first indoor grow! Here are a few pics of the raw space I am dedicating for this adventure:

area_2.jpg

area_1.jpg
Light_base.jpg

Plan to have an enclosed structure behind the attic access pictured here. Rough measurement of clearance for said enclosed structure is: 5ft Length, 6ft Height and 35 1/2 Inch Depth. One photo, you can see the rectangular frame work that I would like to tie into for HPS support. I'm alert to some common Attic-grower issues such as temp fluctuations, moisture control, and heat signatures, therefore I need to plan every step carefully. (money IS a factor---------> cause I have none..! So I am EAGER to hear ANY cost efficient ideas!)

Immediate priorities :
1. Establish electrical by adding its own breaker (do not want to tie into any present source)
2. Map out placement of intake/exhaust hoses (odor risks and noise levels are of possible concern)
3. INSULATION! (I know I will incorporate it into the erected structure somehow, but how concerned should I be about the attic rafters and my inevitable heat sig? I will be addressing some kind of strategy to make the attic itself less ventilated by covering "soff it" spaces and any area THAT COULD create any light leak issues)

Ascending the ladder into the attic you can see that there is certainly heat loss and possible privacy issues at hand!

Certainly eager for that day where I am posting pics of all my healthy girls and steady harvest! But until then..............

:cheer:

re: Prep & Build Journal for Attic Indoor Grow - Using 400W HPS & Soil Medium

I'm definitely excited!:high-five:

Just located an entry point to run electrical wire and add in a few circuits. My plan is to run a 400w HPS on its own circuit, then divide 2 more circuits between enclosure and remainder of loft attic.

Ideally I'd like to have some sort of usable space by March 2014..?. where I can continue to build on to the space if I need to, but at least have a few girls under MH, and working around a budget of about 200-250.00 a month for materials. I have purchased my light system this week, and I was pleasantly surprised at how fancy the set up is.!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Looks like a good space. What's your plan for flooring?

Good question skippy. I certainly would like it to be waterproof.. but no solid plans. Will the flooring inside this enclosure need to be reflective as well?

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom