Prepping room for humidity with panda film - Experiences?

cnile

Im going to be wrapping my area in the room for veg with panda film soon, i was wondering if you guys have had any issues with the stuff or mold or mildew or what??

i got a feeling moisture will trap behind it and cause problems.

below is a description if you want of how ill use the stuff.

so i have a room 10'x12' and im going to get a 4 foot space in the back along the wall for veg with high humidity so all wrapped up in that plastic. ill panda the back wall, the side walls and but the barrier 4 feet off the wall from the cieling hanging all the way down to the floor. that will separate the veg area.

im thinking ill cut it to size of entire wall with overhang, staple to 2x4's and screw the 2x4 into the cieling so the film just hangs down. for the one thats 4 foot off the wall ill strap the floor down too so it dosn't flap.

the wall ones ill velcro the bottoms to strech tight.

any input is appreciated.

I think anything is worth trying. I use tarps, sheets, and blankets over wire shelving!

You will need to keep some openings up high to passively deal with the heat. You cannot get an airtight/moisture proof enclosure with tarps and such, but you also don't want mildew to build up on the ceiling in the wetter months.

A decent desk fan will help prevent mildew. And a floor fan in the room itself to circulate stale air.

When you start your journal, post pics of your building process so folks can give you tips.

I just put together a sealed room that was 9 x 10. I looked at the Panda film but went with the Orca Grow film and was glad that we did . It is 11 mills thick so it is easy to work with and it will not rip. A staple gun is about all that you need to put it up. I was able to put grommets in the top of it and made a divider in the room with this material "picture a shower curtain" and it works very well. To tape the product we used some black 4 'roof flashing tape that worked very well .. Good luck with your project .

Back
Top Bottom