Problem - Amber Pistils Day 19

FaceBones

Strain - unknown
# of plants - 1
Grow Type - soil
Grow Stage - flowering
Number of days in flowering - 21 days
Bucket size -
Lights - 2 LED plant light (specs unknown)
Nutrients -
Fridge size - approx 4 cubic feet
Water frequency - about 600 ml every other day
Pests - none
Pollen - none
Some leave look a little crinkled
But all in all looks really healthy.

Problem, Short story:
Pistils on top starting to turn amber, first noticed on day 19.
How worried should I be? Any tips to get the most of this plant?

Only 2/12 colas have any amber on top so far.

Checked for light leak - yes, might be a sliver by the door but it's as tight as it will be

I don't track temperature or ph
But follow a strict 12/ 12 light cycle.

Long story:
This is my second plant.
The first plant also had pistils mature early. (They are both mystery bag seeds, whether they are the same strain or not is unknown) I assume they are not the same strain as the grew very different through the veg. stage but, it's a guess.

The fan had far too little suction and caused a hot humid state in the fridge. I think this it what caused my first plant to turn amber so quickly. Also the buds never fattened up. It did so little and was so amber I called it quits after 60 days as the plant you're seeing was getting too big for my flowering fridge.

I fixed the ventilation issue and it seems to be a constant room temperature, But I don't measure it.

I enjoy the training and trimming and I've got my first two successful clones, but no but to show for my time so far.
I really hope to be able to make this small fridge work. I don't have the space for a big light fixture. Any suggestions for getting the bud to actually fatten up in a small space like this? Any suggestions and comments would be great.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 117
Missed info: bucket size 2.5gal
Nutrients 6-12-6 plant food spikes. (They were the closest to the ratio suggested that I could find)

Hey man, the brown is usually an indication of pollination. But if thats not possible, then maybe heat issue. You wont get fat buds with those lights. U only using like 45 total watts about, Id have to guess. Your PAR level, is probably in the range of 100, if that. To get nice buds, you need at least 300 par, so your FARRRR from that. You be better of taking those string lights and putting them on a cookie sheet, so they are ABOVE the tops of the plant.

IF your using soil, you also need to let it dry out mostly, you have a big bucket, and i cant imagin your root system is using even 20% of that soil. Plus, if you dont let it dry out, you will just get rot issues. In that area, you would of been better with a 1gallon fab pot, top at 3rd node, and LST. I really dont think you will get even 10 grams from this plant.

check of DirtManDan on utube, he is a specialized micro grower that you might learn from him.

Great effort tho man,..

Maybe save some cash for a HLG-65, single LED board, simple set-up for this area, $99 from the zon, low heat, low profil, good for 2x2 veg or 1.5x1.5 flower. perfect for ya.

Hey man, the brown is usually an indication of pollination. But if thats not possible, then maybe heat issue. You wont get fat buds with those lights. U only using like 45 total watts about, Id have to guess. Your PAR level, is probably in the range of 100, if that. To get nice buds, you need at least 300 par, so your FARRRR from that. You be better of taking those string lights and putting them on a cookie sheet, so they are ABOVE the tops of the plant.

IF your using soil, you also need to let it dry out mostly, you have a big bucket, and i cant imagin your root system is using even 20% of that soil. Plus, if you dont let it dry out, you will just get rot issues. In that area, you would of been better with a 1gallon fab pot, top at 3rd node, and LST. I really dont think you will get even 10 grams from this plant.

check of DirtManDan on utube, he is a specialized micro grower that you might learn from him.

Great effort tho man,..

Maybe save some cash for a HLG-65, single LED board, simple set-up for this area, $99 from the zon, low heat, low profil, good for 2x2 veg or 1.5x1.5 flower. perfect for ya.

Thanks for the info. I'll check out that utube.

The led strip wasn't hopeful but Is more there for design at this point. I have two "home" growing bulbs. The last one that I replaced was a " 9W/ 3300k led lamp. ...is that 'OK'?

I defoliated just a couple days she ago and she's looking happy. I try not too over water, but I likely still am.
(Pic from today. Day 46)
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom