Problem, what's wrong with my plant?

Simomas

Hey guys, I grew this plant as an experiment, first in a yogurt glass, then in a Solo cup, and then, still being alive, I decided to transplant it into a 3 liter (1 gallon) airpot.
This plant has always been outdoor, and never got a lot of light, but as it was starting to get big I put it in my 40x40x120cm growbox and started a 12/12 light cycle, also to test my self-made light.
All this 4 days ago. The plant reacted well, growth continued and no signs of discomfort were shown.
Aside from today, when I got home from work, I find the leaves (the ones closest to the light) in this state:
IMG_20220628_145929.jpg

IMG_20220628_145932.jpg
IMG_20220628_150946.jpg

Some leaves also have brown/black spots on the edges:
IMG_20220628_150523.jpg

IMG_20220628_150447.jpg

Unfortunately the place where I live is being attacked by a heat wave, and it is difficult to maintain the temperature inside the growbox, which in fact oscillates between 27.5 and 29.2C (80 - 84F). The humidity varies between 45 and 57%. I thought it might be too strong heat or light stress (I was going with 57W at 15/20cm distance).
So at the moment I lowered the power of the lamp and raised it to 30cm, I also added a fan inside the tent. The air intake is passive while I have the extractor always active.

As for water, I'm pretty sure that's not the problem; at this moment the soul is quite dry and I always wait for the plant to ask me for water.
The power of the light is 80W maximum, at the moment I was using it at 57W it seems to me.
When was the last time she had water? And I’d say your light is not the problem lol. One of the pictures it looks like she has a nitrogen deficiency but hard to tell

Root rot seems strange to me, because I have never watered so much, indeed, I have always been very light. And with an airpot this risk should be limited even more, at least I understand.
Searching for a bit on the internet I found a page about the symptoms of EC too high, and the photos of the plants are identical to my situation, ie only the topmost leaves with this curl.
So I did a test, I watered with 0.3mS water to do a soil wash, then measured the runoff and the result was 2.2mS.
I've never had airpots so I went very light with the amount of water, probably when I watered I didn't drain enough water and salts built up. It could be?

i HATE airpots, i had 5 and threw them in the bin. Especially shit for soil, because you let them dry out, and water just channels right out the holes.

Hey guys, I grew this plant as an experiment, first in a yogurt glass, then in a Solo cup, and then, still being alive, I decided to transplant it into a 3 liter (1 gallon) airpot.
This plant has always been outdoor, and never got a lot of light, but as it was starting to get big I put it in my 40x40x120cm growbox and started a 12/12 light cycle, also to test my self-made light.
All this 4 days ago. The plant reacted well, growth continued and no signs of discomfort were shown.
Aside from today, when I got home from work, I find the leaves (the ones closest to the light) in this state:
IMG_20220628_145929.jpg

IMG_20220628_145932.jpg
IMG_20220628_150946.jpg

Some leaves also have brown/black spots on the edges:
IMG_20220628_150523.jpg

IMG_20220628_150447.jpg

Unfortunately the place where I live is being attacked by a heat wave, and it is difficult to maintain the temperature inside the growbox, which in fact oscillates between 27.5 and 29.2C (80 - 84F). The humidity varies between 45 and 57%. I thought it might be too strong heat or light stress (I was going with 57W at 15/20cm distance).
So at the moment I lowered the power of the lamp and raised it to 30cm, I also added a fan inside the tent. The air intake is passive while I have the extractor always active.
Hey @Simomas :ciao: sorry about your lady.
She is in soil ? Yes
She is suffering from chronic overwatering, leading to possible root issues and nutrient issues.
Superthrive or b1 and let her dry.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Hey @Simomas :ciao: sorry about your lady.
She is in soil ? Yes
She is suffering from chronic overwatering, leading to possible root issues and nutrient issues.
Superthrive or b1 and let her dry.

Stay safe :cool:
Bill
Ehi Bill!
But it seems strange to me that it is a problem of too much water, I only watered she when I saw that she began to sag. Even today the soil was quite dry

peat alone isnt a good media, especially if you let it dry out, THEN you REALLLY have a high chance of "Channeling" when watering. even with perlite. You try 5.8 PH and water daily? Peat compacts easily and chokes roots.

Saresti sorpreso... sono nuovo e lo faccio ancora. Queste piante sono difficili da coltivare lol... Non ho mai coltivato nulla in realtà, ma niente era così difficile da coltivare. Quanto spesso hai annaffiato e quanta acqua?
About 1/2 times a week with 250/400 ml of water, when she was in the Solo bowl the soil dried very quickly. The last time I watered it was Sunday, 500ml of water, pH 6.6, the plant was limp and so I watered it and it recovered, from that moment nothing more until today

man, maybe phosphorus deficiency, i have to still go with Root issue, maybe PH to high like i said. Lower PH to 6.2 and see what happens

also, what is the water temp your watering with? Cold temps at like 62F can actually cause phosphorus problems.

Back
Top Bottom