What's wrong with my plant?

B7546946-46AD-4511-B81E-0990646A7C02.jpeg
Good to hear. She's drooping a bit... did she perk up after watering?

The pic was taken towares the end of the 18h cycle and i noticed the drooping is regular at that time. In the morning she perks up.

If it was me I’d try the bigger light now and watch how she:goodluck::popcorn::Namaste: responds. CL🍀
Even tho it is a bloom cycle light spectrum?

Well, originally she did perk up but it seems we arent ouf the woods yet. She was really dry and light yesterday and her leaves were droopy so i watered her with plain water phd by lemon to ~6.5 (after two times feeding her nutes) and she didnt perk up at all after that. Instead, there seems to be other problems - purple stems and maybe some other deficiency. Check the closeup of the leaves as there seems to be a yellowish kind of pattern...

I am thinking it might be time to transplant her into the final pot.

Thanks for any advice guys.
105E1743-971E-4B8E-9303-29CED3095B6E.jpeg

58B1C39A-8993-4C18-95CE-77CFC1A354D5.jpeg

691829F5-5FE8-4CDB-B7AA-425EF647921E.jpeg

AA3B8A4B-4866-4DAE-BECB-E1565C0228FB.jpeg

Hi @liceon,

Droop continuing after watering is a possible sign that root or stem rot has set in. For a young plant, this is often called "damping off" and is a common problem where fungus attacks the stalk just above the soil line, but can also occur elsewhere and in the roots. Damping off is caused by over-watering and high-nitrogen soil. That's my understanding.

I recommend up potting, and while the plant is out of the pot, take a close up photo of the stalk area. I'd like to see that. Also check the very base of the stalk, where the roots start, to see if there's any white fungus there.

As for the red leaf stems, that can either be genetic or a sign of magnesium deficiency.

@cbdhemp808 thanks, i will let her dry before transplanting. I have a pic of the stem, seems ok to me. she is doing a little better i feel.

But i have noticed that the PH of the water i feed her (lowered with lemon) rises when just stored in the container to 7 and more. Could this be happening in the soil as well? I am thkining about buying a proper ph down.

Also there is new growth in place of dead leaves, but she mostly keeps growing up.

BDE8BF14-9D44-4806-B917-3BDD2AAD5770.jpeg

F9235C0B-AD75-417D-BCF6-E09AB7BF4E87.jpeg

3CB9EADD-F794-4FED-8C3D-44810CA0D229.jpeg

F24DD769-4BB1-48C1-81D2-55B40AE964FF.jpeg

it'll keep eating the lowers until you get proper light. it's starving for light. there isn't much driving the plant, and it's not uptaking all the nutes it should. maybe a bit underfed as well, but it can't use it without the light.

edit : show us your grow space. looks like you are working with restricted space.

If roots start to circle the bottom in a hard pot it can cause anaerobic soil.
Id put in a much larger fabric pot

an up pot would not hurt. even if not fabric.

you are not getting the full benefit of the 200w it uses. an equivalent led or cmh would do better for you while using the same power.

when just stored in the container to 7 and more. Could this be happening in the soil as well? I am thkining about buying a proper ph down.
I would. Natural pH down like lemon juice & cider vinegar don't keep the pH stable for as long. Worth spending the small amount on for peace of mind. I started off by using cider vinegar then switched after a couple of grows.

Also, it will rise a bit in the soil as it buffers the pH. That's why we aim to set it at 6.3 to start. That then gives it a good range to absorb as many of the available nutrients as possible.

i thought biobizz was buffered. probably i'm wrong. it's hungry at any rate.
Yeah I started with biobizz nutes and soil but found things stayed happier when I properly managed the pH myself. Some might get away with not doing it I'm sure.

Yeah I started with biobizz nutes and soil but found things stayed happier when I properly managed the pH myself. Some might get away with not doing it I'm sure.

i grew for years in hp which is supposedly buffered and ph'd under soil rules. things usually were smoother that way.
when it didn't work it was super sideways though. piles of flushing etc. to bring ph in.

@cbdhemp808 thanks, i will let her dry before transplanting. I have a pic of the stem, seems ok to me. she is doing a little better i feel.
This worries me...
1676341443281.png

Clear a bit more soil all around the base... check out closely.

Here's a cross section of the stalk of a cannabis plant:

cannabis_stem_cross_section1-jpg.2545042

What percent of the circumference of this area on your stalk would you say isn't looking right? Do you see any white fungus below this area in the soil, on the roots?

Hi again @cbdhemp808
This worries me...
1676341443281.png

Clear a bit more soil all around the base... check out closely.

Here's a cross section of the stalk of a cannabis plant:

cannabis_stem_cross_section1-jpg.2545042

What percent of the circumference of this area on your stalk would you say isn't looking right? Do you see any white fungus below this area in the soil, on the roots?

I snapped a pic of exactly the place you were pointing towards. Doesnt seem bad, maybe a little redish, idk.

Didnt see any white fungus, just the stem is pale under the ground level.

3EF515F6-352C-499D-9B02-EC3B9F14A771.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom