What's wrong with my plant?

Other than that, I transplanted both plants. I used the bio bizz light mix and added a bit of enriched soil, peat and perlite (honestly kinda random but i just wanted to get some nutes into the soil as there seems to be a problem with liquid). The bigger plant was root bound, the smaller one seemed like it still had space.

The younger one is also starting to show the same problem i think, her stems are purple and she isnt growing. I have to get the ph in check i think, didnt have a chance to get the ph down. Gave them just a little straight tap water, will order the ph down to have it ready in a couple days.

As regards the light i have just bought it a month ago. I would love to change it for a LED now but i cant afford it right now, will think on it next month.

Thanks for advice guys.

9F765E8C-4DDD-4B5D-A68B-16F1237ACA98.jpeg

90EA4056-FE0F-4805-8DCC-E84C4B458AED.jpeg

F6C21A3A-34B9-4E3A-93FB-C6B4DF6571CD.jpeg

FE33DD51-8B14-4FDA-B6BB-579E624F71C0.jpeg

35052D09-944A-44E6-AEBC-36C6DEF84E52.jpeg

Other than that, I transplanted both plants. I used the bio bizz light mix and added a bit of enriched soil, peat and perlite (honestly kinda random but i just wanted to get some nutes into the soil as there seems to be a problem with liquid). The bigger plant was root bound, the smaller one seemed like it still had space.

The younger one is also starting to show the same problem i think, her stems are purple and she isnt growing. I have to get the ph in check i think, didnt have a chance to get the ph down. Gave them just a little straight tap water, will order the ph down to have it ready in a couple days.

As regards the light i have just bought it a month ago. I would love to change it for a LED now but i cant afford it right now, will think on it next month.

Thanks for advice guys.

I would try to get it as much sunlight as possible by a window and rotate for even coverage. And invest in a better light asap. CL🍀

I would try to get it as much sunlight as possible by a window and rotate for even coverage. And invest in a better light asap. CL🍀
Unfortunately thats not possible as i work long hours. She wouldnt get 16h of light. Not much sunlight here anyway...

@liceon what's your location? I have a few LED lights sat about and might be able to help you out. I'm in the UK though.
I am in the Czech Republic. Is my light really not enough? I have seen other people’s great results with cfls (although multiple).

I am in the Czech Republic. Is my light really not enough? I have seen other people’s great results with cfls (although multiple).
Well, well. My father grew up in Prague. He had to live under the Nazi rulers for years and then go through the Russian walls and fences to get out after WW2 but he survived their attempt to stop him. He wandered around free Europe, met mom who was there with the Red Cross to help reunite families. The rest is history as they say. :).

Your light will work but the result will not be as much as you would like to see. Getting another one and using both together would be better. Using both lights together and putting them in a south facing window at the same time is even better--if it is safe to do so. If the plant has to be indoors and hidden from view then as much artificial light as possible in a tent.

Once the plant starts to flower it will need all the light it can get. Every bit of photosynthesis that can take place will increase the chances that the flowers will be healthier, larger and have a better quality.

Your length of 'day' is close to mine, about 15 minutes difference.

Unfortunately thats not possible as i work long hours. She wouldnt get 16h of light. Not much sunlight here anyway...

I’ve seen people use multiple cfl’s but it’s usually quite a lot of bulbs to get decent results. If you have to work though I would worry about going that route. CL🍀:goodluck::Namaste: Accidentally hit quote. Oops. CL🍀:sorry::Namaste:

What is the spectrum on your CFL? Is it specifically a grow light? The light it's emitting looks "cold" to me.

I use an LED grow light for my sprouts and clones. Here's the specs...

4000K DAYLIGHT: Imitate the solar spectrum, customize a more ideal full life cycle full spectrum supplementary light program, covering the entire visible spectrum of 400nm-780nm; Color rendering index Ra is close to 100, infinitely close to natural light, suitable for every cycle of plant growth, effectively promotes plant growth, and improves crop yield and quality.

What is the spectrum on your CFL? Is it specifically a grow light? The light it's emitting looks "cold" to me.

I use an LED grow light for my sprouts and clones. Here's the specs...

4000K DAYLIGHT: Imitate the solar spectrum, customize a more ideal full life cycle full spectrum supplementary light program, covering the entire visible spectrum of 400nm-780nm; Color rendering index Ra is close to 100, infinitely close to natural light, suitable for every cycle of plant growth, effectively promotes plant growth, and improves crop yield and quality.
Yeah, its a grow light or at least its advertised as such, 6400k, Elektrox is the name of the brand. I have a Lumii 300w 2700k ready for flowering but there is not enough space to fit both im afraid. Cant put the plants in a window as i live in a city.

Okay then, what should i get? Like the basic LED models should do fine or do i get the more expensive samsung version? Any tips?

I will do my research in due time, just asking for recommendations. My tent is only 60x60cm so it would usually be the smallest model.

Thanks for your time guys.

Yeah, its a grow light or at least its advertised as such, 6400k, Elektrox is the name of the brand. I have a Lumii 300w 2700k ready for flowering but there is not enough space to fit both im afraid. Cant put the plants in a window as i live in a city.

Okay then, what should i get? Like the basic LED models should do fine or do i get the more expensive samsung version? Any tips?

I will do my research in due time, just asking for recommendations. My tent is only 60x60cm so it would usually be the smallest model.

OK, so your tent is very small. I'm concerned that your CFL is generating too much heat – I hear CFL bulbs emit 80% of their energy as heat. LEDs emit very little energy as heat, and therefor are much more efficient. In your small space, I can see this could be causing the droop. I don't know much about spectrums for grow lights, but what you want is what most closely mimics daylight. The one I use is a SANSI 24watt LED, 4000K daylight spectrum (as noted above). They also come in 10, 15, and 36watt. If you can find these in your country, perhaps get a couple 24 or 36 watt ones. Or perhaps you could find the equivalent. They are quite inexpensive on Amazon here in the U.S.

A Mars Hydro TS600 would do just fine & under $100. That would be my choice.

so your tent is very small. I'm concerned that your CFL is generating too much heat –
The tent door could be opened up at the start of the lights on and closed at the end of the day. Heat can get out and the tent will cool off. At night any heat trapped in the pots of soil will slowly radiate out and help prevent the tent from getting cold.

hear CFL bulbs emit 80% of their energy as heat. LEDs emit very little energy as heat, and therefor are much more efficient.
Those old fashioned incandescent bulbs were the ones that were hitting 80%. They would get so hot that when we were in our early teens my brother would take a cold and very damp rag and touch them just to watch the glass explode.

Fluorescent and CFL was about 25 to 30% which is why they became popular as a money saver. Getting hard to find the household CFL bulbs these day.

LED household lights and LED grow lights have even less energy being wasted as heat so yes, very efficient.

Thanks for advice guys.

She looks near rootbound again.. each one of the pictures you showed where she looked sad she also looked too big for her container.. when you transplanted originally she started to bounce back but the container wasn’t large enough so she quickly went back to sad and hungry. When you do transplant it’s usually best if you can at a bare minimum double the size. I prefer to go from solo to 1 gallon then from 1 gallon to at least a 3 gallon.

The most recent root picture you showed also looks like she outgrew her container again. Hard sided pots are less forgiving once the roots reach the edges. To me it looks like she just got too big for each of the containers.

When I’m in hard sided pots it’s very difficult to keep the plants happy much longer than 2-3 weeks unless I am pumping synthetic nutrients into it or have really loaded up the container with amendments. Fabric pots give you extra wiggle room due to the air pruning, so they can last quite a bit longer happily in those

The one you just put into the fabric pot will likely start looking really good within the week.

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your answers, much appreciated.

The CFL is supposed to not emit much heat (advertised as possible to keep 4cm fromt the top of the plant), and i keep my the tent open most od the time so my temp really is like 24-25c throughout the day and maybe 20-22c in the night.

The bigger plant is looking better right away in the 7g. I will have a proper ph down tomorrow and will get them ph adjusted water with nutes as they are getting quite dry now (i only watered a little after the transplant and a little squirt now). I am going to be careful to not wait until rootbound with the small one.

I am looking more into LED lights, will get one in the near future, thanks for your tips. However i wanna see how does the cfl work now that the plant has better conditions.

A20F9DC2-BA24-4C4B-BDAC-FF2DB412CE73.jpeg

Updating for you guys... She seems to be loving life right now (although she stretched a bit). The lower branches are growing and filling fast. (pics yesterday and today)

I am going to water later today or tomorrow - how much would you give in one watering? The pot is 7g/26l and i only gave her like 0.5l 3 days ago i think. Phing the water to color representing 6.5 and getting her a bit of nitrogen heavy nutes.

She is getting tall and i need to let the smaller one grow out... I was thinking about LSTing but she feels weird when trying to bend her - is she too old or should i just go for it? Or should i just top her since i dont mind the delay.

Thanks, cheers!

D6650029-7A37-40C3-8CD3-9F7854655AE9.jpeg

6F85AB48-EAA5-4E9F-AC64-26CB57E367F0.jpeg

how about a cheapie moisture meter?

either kitchen bamboo skewer or long wooden dowel rod from hardware store. it’s very important that dipstick hits bottom of container. Angle it in from outside edge so that the tip of skewer hits center of container under the rootball. Press it into the soil let it sit for an hour and when you remove it there will be visible waterline recoded on the dipstick to indicate level of water table inside grow bag or hardside containers

I am going to water later today or tomorrow - how much would you give in one watering? The pot is 7g/26l and i only gave her like 0.5l 3 days ago i think.
I'd go a gallon in a radius of 9 inch from the stalk. Do you have something to catch runoff?

Updating for you guys... She seems to be loving life right now (although she stretched a bit). The lower branches are growing and filling fast. (pics yesterday and today)

I am going to water later today or tomorrow - how much would you give in one watering? The pot is 7g/26l and i only gave her like 0.5l 3 days ago i think. Phing the water to color representing 6.5 and getting her a bit of nitrogen heavy nutes.

She is getting tall and i need to let the smaller one grow out... I was thinking about LSTing but she feels weird when trying to bend her - is she too old or should i just go for it? Or should i just top her since i dont mind the delay.

Thanks, cheers!

D6650029-7A37-40C3-8CD3-9F7854655AE9.jpeg

6F85AB48-EAA5-4E9F-AC64-26CB57E367F0.jpeg
I think you should read @Emilya Green ‘s thread on how to water a potted plant. CL🍀:goodluck::thumb::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom