Problems in bloom or not?

mokel

Heya,
i'm in the second week of flowering, got some issues with some leafs, so to improve my knowledge and solve any ongoing (?) problems, i just wanted to ask about them.
maybe it's a problem, maybe it's already solved ... so i'd love to have some opinions, tips and enlightenment to improve my knowledge and dispel my concerns, as i might be a little paranoid with my first grow :)

PH is at 6.0 at the moment, dunno but it seems she's not getting enough mag even with additional sensi calmag by AN so i raised it for mag uptake, was at 5.8 before
EC is 1.75 at the moment, she's taking ~3l-4l water per day and keeps the EC stable (it stays approx the same until i add water with or without nutes which then changes EC)

leaf temperature is ~25°C, direct temperature indicates ~29°C as the thermometer can't cool itself like a plant :)

1:
this should be an old one resulting from mag deficiency / ph issues in veg, only some of the oldest leaves are affected, no new occurrences like this ....

22283.JPG

2a20.JPG

16579.JPG

1a26.JPG

2:
not sure about this one, looks like my first problem, the mag deficiency ... leaf is degrading at slow pace it seems, no new occurences i found 3 affected leafs like this on the plant, but only single leaf, not the whole set .... but could also indicate other problems, this is i think the most pressing issue, even if not severe at the moment ...

old image from veg for comparison:
leaf1_2.JPG

new images from today:
16580.JPG

1a27.JPG

3:
some leafs looking a little bit 'pale' with greener veins, but again only a small amount of older leafs seem affected, younger and older leaves are looking fine and i cant see any issues with them ....
foliage spray with 0.5% Epsom salt solution seems to stopped it and made them becoming more 'green' ...
had ec 2.0 with 0.5% solution so i refrained from upping to the 2% i read about, seemed hot at 0.5 already ......

16581.JPG

1a28.JPG

and finally a full leaf i consider 'healthy', dunno at least i hope so and a full plant pic :)

notm4.JPG

071210.JPG

if you need any more closeup pics, more information i could provide just ask :)

as said it's my first grow and i might be a little bit concerned to much but on the other hand i want to learn as much as possible, so any advice is welcome :)

:thanks:

sorry, those infos are in my journal so i forgot to add them here as well
it's a dwc hydro grow inside an aquafarm, northern lights #5 X haze and i'm using a 600w hps bulb with a cooltube.

i'm using cal-mag supplemental at 2ml/l already (max if i follow directions) as i'm using RO water ... thus i upped the ph so it might be better available for the plant as i don't know if a further increase might lock other nutes out, due abundance of cal/mag or high EC ...

it seems using foliage spray with Epsom salt is making her thrive, but i can't continue that forever during flowering ... xD

i'll try to increase the dosage, can't see anything i would call a nute-burn yet, but i'm not sure it's the right thing just to add more salts to the water ...
fresh water and nutes are planed for this weekend, might help as well and will using Epsom salt this time, might be better suited then cal-mag with additional N inside, dunno .... hope it'll work out and i don't burn her :)

Heya,
i'm in the second week of flowering, got some issues with some leafs, so to improve my knowledge and solve any ongoing (?) problems, i just wanted to ask about them.
maybe it's a problem, maybe it's already solved ... so i'd love to have some opinions, tips and enlightenment to improve my knowledge and dispel my concerns, as i might be a little paranoid with my first grow :)

PH is at 6.0 at the moment, dunno but it seems she's not getting enough mag even with additional sensi calmag by AN so i raised it for mag uptake, was at 5.8 before
EC is 1.75 at the moment, she's taking ~3l-4l water per day and keeps the EC stable (it stays approx the same until i add water with or without nutes which then changes EC)

leaf temperature is ~25°C, direct temperature indicates ~29°C as the thermometer can't cool itself like a plant :)

1:
this should be an old one resulting from mag deficiency / ph issues in veg, only some of the oldest leaves are affected, no new occurrences like this ....

22283.JPG

2a20.JPG

16579.JPG

1a26.JPG

2:
not sure about this one, looks like my first problem, the mag deficiency ... leaf is degrading at slow pace it seems, no new occurences i found 3 affected leafs like this on the plant, but only single leaf, not the whole set .... but could also indicate other problems, this is i think the most pressing issue, even if not severe at the moment ...

old image from veg for comparison:
leaf1_2.JPG

new images from today:
16580.JPG

1a27.JPG

3:
some leafs looking a little bit 'pale' with greener veins, but again only a small amount of older leafs seem affected, younger and older leaves are looking fine and i cant see any issues with them ....
foliage spray with 0.5% Epsom salt solution seems to stopped it and made them becoming more 'green' ...
had ec 2.0 with 0.5% solution so i refrained from upping to the 2% i read about, seemed hot at 0.5 already ......

16581.JPG

1a28.JPG

and finally a full leaf i consider 'healthy', dunno at least i hope so and a full plant pic :)

notm4.JPG

071210.JPG

if you need any more closeup pics, more information i could provide just ask :)

as said it's my first grow and i might be a little bit concerned to much but on the other hand i want to learn as much as possible, so any advice is welcome :)

Hi bro

When you top up with water without nutes, you should add cal/mag to prevent the deficiencies

i'm trying to do that ...
i made a mixing scheme when i changed the water for flowering and trying to keep the ratio i used at that time so everything will be refreshed .... of course even stuff that doesn't need it that regularly ... might using lesser of something next time to add more calmag instead :)

that's why i'm asking all around, to get some experience to improve my abilities :)

the problem Nr.2 and 3 spreaded further, so i did a lot of reading today ... trying to identify all possibilities by possible occurrence of those symptoms and then trying to rule them out them ...

S,CA, FE are immobile, because new growth is not affected i ruled them out by now and i don't think Mg and Zn are an issue as i supplied both a lot the last days ... as leaf tips started to curl upwards on ALL of the problem leafs and only older leaves i'm now voting for a severe k deficiency in late state for those leafs (because mobile). this would go hand in hand with those little spots and some of the bleaching as well ... so i added some 0-10-6 supplement with now EC 2.

dunno how fast nute burn will show up if it's to hot, but she had done well the last 7 hours, taking water and nutes as normal :)

Back
Top Bottom