Problems with climate.

Terpygenetics

Today I got a infrared hydrometer. I’m still having problems with tacoing at higher light intensity at anything higher than 500 ppfd. I checked the leaf humidity and it was reading really low at 35% on canopy.Could that be what has been causing my leaves to get droopy and cause the leaves to taco? My temps are pretty low staying 78-83 F. And it’s saying my R.O was at 45-50% witch is confusing me, how is there such a big difference? 4 hours ago I put my humidifier back in my tent and raised the humidity to 60% and got the leaf surface humidity to 45% and I have not seen any signs of stress yet. And just to be noted today marks day 10 of 12/12. Anybody have any thoughts on what I’m doing wrong? I’ve been battling this problem since seedling stage, so any input or opinions is welcome. I’ll post pictures of what my plants were doing with anything high than 500 ppfd and the after pic when I lowered and leaves went back to normal.
67EBAF7D-871E-4F81-8BF7-58F354DDDC0B.jpeg
25093E77-D4FD-423A-A417-F4DE435E938F.jpeg
And here is what it looks like now after 4 hours with higher humidity
0C4953B2-860A-461D-8D8E-5CFFCD88637A.jpeg

More light needs more water, more nutes, and plants can't adapt that suddenly - feed me!
I see the lower leaves have lost their green lustre so a good dose of NPK/CaMg/seaweed would give them a boost together with the better humidity from your unit (clearly a smart move)
I set mine (LEDs) to 50% then whack it up for a few hours during the day, then turn it down again, just like a natural day
My lamp is rarely turned up to 100%, it's a maximum not a recommendation :cool:

update. It was nice as it lasted lol they started folding again. Debating just putting her outside and starting over……
945FA039-FDFD-4498-9D26-86DB138934BE.jpeg

I dont think its a light issue. I run a lot of lighting much higher than 500ppfd. I don't get taco leaves.

Plants have the ability to change the micro-climate at the leaf surface.

If you're measuring lower rH at the leaf surface, she's not getting enough water.

Try watering more and the temps are best in the lower 70s.

Are you familiar with the VPD chart ?

This chart is for the room not at the leaf surface.

jMtY1K6l_gLPfmQPzPWoK2zbSIpq2qTZRjT_O82Q7FI.png

I dont think its a light issue. I run a lot of lighting much higher than 500ppfd. I don't get taco leaves.

Plants have the ability to change the micro-climate at the leaf surface.

If you're measuring lower rH at the leaf surface, she's not getting enough water.

Try watering more and the temps are best in the lower 70s.

Are you familiar with the VPD chart ?

This chart is for the room not at the leaf surface.

jMtY1K6l_gLPfmQPzPWoK2zbSIpq2qTZRjT_O82Q7FI.png
Yea I was going off that chart earlier. Some pretty scientific stuff here. I was using a v.p.d calculator I found online also. Good info with the watering. I was only watering for like 5-10% runoff maybe now that it’s in a cloth pot I will give her some more thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom