Psoriatic arthritis: need advice

Botanic Lover

Hallo to all,
I live in Italy, a state where medical MJ is still a controversial matter.
I’m currently trying CBD oil and medical MJ for my insomnia but I haven’t still figured out out to use it properly.

I’ve a friend who suffer from psoriatic arthritis. It looks a very bad medical condition, he is in his forties, he is doing a manual job and because of the pain he can’t work and sleep properly.

We have access to all the CBD stuff ( oil and buds) since it’s legal in Italy if it is below 0,2 % in THC, We also can rely on a couple of high THC plants at a time that I’m trying to grow .

My friend just started to take 3 - 5 drops of 20% cheap full spectrum cbd oil in the morning and around 3 drops of my home made 5% decarb cannabis oil in the evening ( its around 500 mg of black paste per 10 ml of oil )

He also would like to try a salve for the joint pain. I’ve some spare roots and leaves so I was thinking to prepare some salve with them.

We have just started so I’m seeking for some advices to understand if we are going in the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

yes.

oils are a good start. now you need to back it with a couple decent topicals.
start reading here

tag @SweetSue for help in choosing a direction.

yes.

oils are a good start. now you need to back it with a couple decent topicals.
start reading here

tag @SweetSue for help in choosing a direction.

Yeah, i've heard ( Joe Rogan podcast ) that a lot of athletes that take CBD for pain say that it doesn't work as well without the THC. they also take it orally and topically to fully relieve their pain.

Hi BL. And welcome to 420 Mag.

How do you make your oil? 50mg/ml is very good.

And thanks for the link, bluter. Bookmarked.

I had two male plants, I dried and decarb the leafs ( around 10 grams ) and then I put them in alcohol for a week. Then I sieved them and dried out the alcohol. The result was around 1 gram of black stuff that I dissolved in 20 ml of good Italian olive oil.

I had two male plants, I dried and decarb the leafs ( around 10 grams ) and then I put them in alcohol for a week. Then I sieved them and dried out the alcohol. The result was around 1 gram of black stuff that I dissolved in 20 ml of good Italian olive oil.

Welcome to the forums Botanic Lover. :hug:

The oil you’re working with is fairly mild, but that’s a good thing when starting a regimen. Slowly increase the dose until your friend feels the relief he’s seeking.

CBD is still a mystery. I’ve recently spoken with a friend who’s an athelete and used a marvelous CBD cream. I found this curious, since CBD doesn’t dull pain the way THC does.

In my opinion the terpenes added to his cream offered more pain relief than the CBD, so I always suggest you research terpenes that relieve pain and get those essential oils added to your formulations.

Turmeric with pepper added is legendary for pain relief.

As to treating psoriasis with topicals, the best advice I can offer is to use a carrier oil that has 12 carbon atoms or less in the molecular makeup. Coconut oil meets this requirement, most of the others have too many carbon atoms attached.

A carrier oil with too many carbon atoms will aggravate psoriasis. You’re hoping for smooth, pain-free skin. I’d go with coconut. In fact, it’s what I use to treat my own psoriasis.

Make the cream as high in THC as you have available. You might try double strength, 2 grams of bud to every 30 ml of carrier oil.

Give a patient a cream with high THC and then try one with high CBD and the vast majority of the time it’s the THC one they’ll ask for again. Keep in mind that most of what we know about CBD’s potential has never been confirmed by testing on human patients. The treatment of epilepsy is an exception, and that took time and voluminous stacks of money to get out there in the open.

CBD is long-term, in the background healing medicine. It works in more subtle ways, one small step at a time, tamping down future inflammation to limit future pain.

At a 2:1 ratio I’ve witnessed anxiety relief, but those formulations were reasonably high THC too. To get the medicinal effects we’re looking for with CBD it’ll likely take doses that’d wipe out those expensive little bottles the market has made available all over the planet.

You can limit THC to less than 10 mg and feel relief with the right dose schedule. With CBD you’re more likely to not feel what it’s doing to improve your life until you stop taking it.

Look into terpenes and essential oils to beef up the effectiveness of your cannabis medicines. It’ll make all the difference in the end when you have limited cannabis supply.

Hi BL. I also suffer from psoriatic arthritis. It's particularly bad in my feet and hands...bad enuff to really affect my quality of life some days.

Personally, I have never gotten a lot of relief from CBD. Even high THC strains don't do much for my pain specifically. What the psychoactive properties do for me is more like changing my perception of the pain I think...which does help but maybe not exactly by eliminating pain. Improves my outlook basically I guess which can be helpful.

I did seem to get more relief from a particular strain I was using some time ago and wasn't able to find again until just recently. That strain is MK Ultra. Not saying it will help your friend, just tossing it out there. Everyone will have different levels of efficacy with different strains and it might take a while to find the perfect elixir but it's fun searching right.

Anyway, I hope this all makes sense to you.

Good luck

Hi BL. I also suffer from psoriatic arthritis. It's particularly bad in my feet and hands...bad enuff to really affect my quality of life some days.

Personally, I have never gotten a lot of relief from CBD. Even high THC strains don't do much for my pain specifically. What the psychoactive properties do for me is more like changing my perception of the pain I think...which does help but maybe not exactly by eliminating pain. Improves my outlook basically I guess which can be helpful.

I did seem to get more relief from a particular strain I was using some time ago and wasn't able to find again until just recently. That strain is MK Ultra. Not saying it will help your friend, just tossing it out there. Everyone will have different levels of efficacy with different strains and it might take a while to find the perfect elixir but it's fun searching right.

Anyway, I hope this all makes sense to you.

Good luck

May I ask how you’re dosing?

Back
Top Bottom