PTSd's #1 Grow - 6 x Buddha Assorted Auto Fem - Dealer Cash Crop 4.0 - CFL - LED?

Yea in hydro every plant has access to the same nutrient tub. So it is kinda odd to me to see one so different.

I'm with you on your thinking, maybe it just needs a boost.

Where's the air stone? Center or to one side? I always ran mine in the center of the tub/root ball

Where's the air stone? Center or to one side? I always ran mine in the center of the tub/root ball

The first (hockey puck shaped) air stone is completely engulfed somewhere inside the roots of the plants. I can still hear if fizzling, so I know it's at least working. I added a second, long narrow stone, on a second pump, and it now runs the length of the tub under the root mass.

Came home to find some promising signs.
There was a light twinkle of tricomes starting to just barely be noticeable at 0400 this am when I left.
At 1800 when the girls got up from thier nap, and the lights switched on, this little bugger was all sorts of frosty
Frosty.jpeg

This is the second smallest of the 6, and the first one to show signs of ripening.
Buds are still small and light, I hope they fill up some more before they go completely amber on me, wait and see.

The first (hockey puck shaped) air stone is completely engulfed somewhere inside the roots of the plants. I can still hear if fizzling, so I know it's at least working. I added a second, long narrow stone, on a second pump, and it now runs the length of the tub under the root mass.

Ok, sounds like more than enough air.

Oooooooooo trichomes! Pretttttyyyyy especially under those disco light quasars. :thumb:

After I flushed the reservoir I refilled with full strength bloom plus double dose of Cal/Mag, and 1/6 cup H2O2, and they took it all up fast! In 24 hours I've had to replace a gallon of full strength bloom plus double dosage of Cal/Mag and no signs of slowing down. I could top up about a quart every 8 hours, but I like to let the uppermost roots in the mass air out a bit and wait till it can take a half gallon at a time. Had to run to The Walmart and get a few more gallons of water, just to be sure I had enough on hand.

Nobody is showing any signs of anything except a major growth and re-foliage spurt.
Even the hitherto implacable Mag. deficient lady in the back corner, henceforth know as Margaret, is looking happier than ever, lots of new growth with just a little browning.

I'm actually kinda surprised it bounced bach this full. I had read on the internet, so it has to be true- right?, that once plants start budding the don't produce new fan leaves. I thought I got them all, but they are back with a vengeance.

15SepDense.jpeg

Compared to only a few days ago after the great defoliation:
Home_Haircut.jpeg

That's a considerable improvement!

And the tallest lady in the right back corner (Katrina) is spreading out all over the place, but pretty much all her shoots are stopping at the line 18" from the light, as if by magic, the tallest ones just slow down and stop there. OK, if that's what she wants to do... and the lower nodes are sprouting nice little puffs of goodness.

15Sep.jpeg

and the one just in front of it, is just starting to flower.

Since every other thing I've read here has worked so well, I decided to go ahead with the "Back-Building" by nipping off of just the hairs and very wee tip of the bud, careful not to cut deep enough to hit the actual growing tip somewhere just underneath.

Some random pictures of the process,

flattops.jpeg

Fuzzies1.jpeg

fuzzies.jpeg

And a glamor shot of the plant that reeked of citrus when she got her bangs trimmed:
somebuds.jpeg

I found this lovely hiding on the back side of the center rear plant

backbud1.jpeg

backbud.jpeg
closelovely.jpg

OK, now I'm officially getting bemused with myself.

The past few days have been unseasonably warm here, and fro the first time ever I'm seeing signs of heat stress.
notice my timer was out of synch by more than two hours with "real time", adjusted the clock back and raised the probe on the thermal light controller. that should ensure we stay under out 86 Maximum.

I'm pretty positive that it's a non-issue moving forward. For the next 10 days the daily high is not expected to get above 70. But we do have a 38 forecast for a low next Sunday... BRRRRrrrrr! Guess I'm going to need to finally set up the catalytic propane heater out in the yurt.

Took all these wispy lovelies and rolled and folded tin-foil bowl, just like 1985. Kinda odd that with all this cannabis, I don't own a pipe. perhaps with my next disability check from Uncle Sugar. Got a very deep body stone but with a lot of happy permagrin along for the ride. Kinds forgot the smoking buzz could be so nice, after only oils for the past year.

They are looking great

Thanks for the reassurance.

If this doesn't work and get me at least 3 oz of finished product, I can't press enough oil to carry me through my travels until the next time I'm in one place long enough to grow and re-supply. Otherwise I'll be having to live off a lot of peanut butter & jelly sandwiches to afford my medicine. This is not an expense to be undertaken lightly for me, and for most I presume.

Having a rare day off, I took the cabinet apart, and gave it a good scrubbing down. Also scrubbed out the reservoir while I gave the roots a good long soak in clean water with h2o2, refilled with a fresh batch of water& nutrients, and a double dose of Cal./Mag.
I put the heat mat back down but left it unpluged, as it's not needed for a few days.

vaporshot.jpeg

I have this habit of sharing my left-over vape with my plants. usually into the cabinet, but they were out and it was Med. time. I call it my "reclaim". Perhaps whatever my lungs didn't absorb will precipitate out and fall back on the buds?

The little Source Orb in front is straight extract:
Purely for panic attacks and when my back and neck lock-up or start spasming on me.

The other two are 1:10 ratio of flavored carrier, it's my regular "get things done during the day", and not a single person has noted any "scent". I was actually taking a puff when I passed the cop, and got pulled over for a headlight out, during the entire face-to-face with him, he either never detected anything, or chose to ignore it (which I would doubt, based upon where I was). Scared teh crap out of me, but reassured me this was a "discreet enough" form of administration. If that was a hit of flower from a pipe, I'd have gone to jail, I'm sure.

I'm unfamiliar with back building, I will look it up.

ust one of the many posts on the subject:
LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

Some of those other plants just started to flower!? Wow late in the game

Yup, they were all started the same day... truth in advertising!

Buddha claims this is "The best autoflowering mix. 100% Buddha Seeds Quality".
In this mix you will find 10 assorted autoflowering seeds from Buddha seeds autoflowering range.
Between them you´ll find smells and flavours which will remember to many of the biggest classics and some others really innovative.

All seeds are 100% auto-flowering and 100% feminized.

Times to harvest vary between 50-55 days until 80-85.

Ideal for those who enjoy variety.
These seeds are presented in a 10 seed blister pack without individual seed identification.

I only wish they were labeled, so I could have started them in a staggered manner to ensure closer to flowering & finishing times, as I surely negatively effected the plants that were still in Veg. when I switched over to Bloom nutrients.
But, those runts are starting to exhibit a remarkable flowering stretch, now that their internal clocks have switched and they can take advantage of the Bloom nutrients. Still it looks like the harvest could be spread across a month or more...

For environmental reason beyond my control (the onset of fall/winter) I'm going to have to seriously consider finding a warm place inside a real house to finish them. if I can find a safe place and guardian, we could keep the grow going to natural completion, and start back-filling the cabinet with more seeds soon as the reservoir gets it's final flush and straight water.

I'd really like to separate the individual plants out of the giant root mass, so as they get close, I could finish them individually on clean water, outdoors. but cutting the roots is easily the scariest thought I've had so far.

For environmental reason beyond my control (the onset of fall/winter) I'm going to have to seriously consider finding a warm place inside a real house to finish them. if I can find a safe place and guardian, we could keep the grow going to natural completion, and start back-filling the cabinet with more seeds soon as the reservoir gets it's final flush and straight water to finish the last plant(s)

Well, that wasn't too hard!

I mentioned to my buddy (that gave me the Mars-300) about the need to move to a more stable environment.
His immediate response was "I already have a spot cleared out for your cabinet, I was wondering how long it would take."

It was actually pretty scary driving over to his place. Even with all the windows down, the car _reeked_!!!!
Seriously, my stomach was in knots the whole way like : "If I had gotten pulled over, I'm going to be some man's prison bitch for the next 4 years!" I even had a text message written out to my wife saying "moving plants, getting pulled over, call our Lawyer!" Luckily I never had to hit the send button.

Upon my arrival (and after powering off my my cell phone and putting it in the locked cabinet by his door < paranoid much? > ) I unboxed everything and he said "I'm pleasant surprised you didn't completely f*ck-up your first grow" and that he could "attend the minor issues he saw."

So, even though I already greatly miss my babies, they truly are in a better place.

And, I can go visit them any time I feel the need.
I wonder if two hours is long enough to wait????

At least I didn't cry like when we dropped our oldest off at College!

Back
Top Bottom