Purple Kush clone flowering early -need advice

Happy 4th to you as well Aston :)

american-pot-flag.png

Wondering how that plant is doing budman... all the ones I have that were flowering are now turning around and starting to kick some veg ass!

Thought I would check in bru... cheers and happy independence day!

thats what i told him too!!! but he had been to busy putting everything into my WW journal!! lol now hes in my Afgoo!!! lol lets see if you get a better response like some pix!!!

:peacetwo:

Hey Captain...
Thanks for asking about my plants.
Glad to hear yours are doing well.

2 out of my 3 have always been vegging...
The one that was flowering though has now fully reverted over to veg too...
It's funny that after pulling the blinds apart and looking at the bottom part of the plant you will see some pretty crystalized buds, but on the top of the plant it has totally converted over and started vegging. It doesn't seem to be taking off as fast as my other 2 plants but it is interesting to see that it is now growing little by little. Before it was just kicking back and being short and stout... Then Aston started making fun of it calling it shorty... :shhh: I think that is why it converted over :). Today I made a poor attempt at LSTing my plants again.. I pulled the branches over and then tried to pull down the tops, but after tying them to my stakes the damn tie slides back up the pole. But I am at least succeeding at spreading it apart a bit to allow more sun in. The 2 main veggies are at about 4 feet tall now and are growing into each other. They are about at the point where they look like one plant. I will try to get you guys some pictures tomorrow and post them here in Aston's Journal.. lol.
Hopefully you can post some of your plants too.
Would love to see em.

:peace:

Yeah, thanks Captain.
I initially gave her dried blood with a 13-0-0.
I then wasn't convinced she would turn around and since the budding was pretty progressed I then fed her 15-25-20 at a (15 day rotation). I did this twice so far.
Now that she seems to have converted to veg I am thinking of giving her a 10-10-10 like I have been giving my other 2 plants on a 15 day rotation. I would give them 20-20-20, but read how they sometimes have problems taking in that high of dose at one given time (Despite the gradual progression). What do you think?

Thanks Aston...
The outdoor ride is a bit longer than the indoor, but the prize is worth the wait :).

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that I lost another clone. I waited like 18 days or so and finally decided to pull the plug. With 2 left, 1 was looking wilted so I just pulled up on it to check the root development. It was obvious at that point why it was wilted, as there was no root development :thedoubletake:(. The other still looked good and gently pulled up on that one, but it felt anchored into the pellet. I then planted it in a 1 gallon clay pot and put it out in the shade. I then carried on with my painting and realized the shade had moved to full sun. At that point it wilted. I quickly put it in shade again (This time making sure it would remain in shade all day). The weather is almost 100 here so a newly transplanted clone would not adapt well to that extreme heat all at once. It seems to be hanging in there, but is in critical condition. I've been misting it with water treated with Super Thrive hormone. I'll keep you posted as to its condition. One thing I do know is all 3 of my original clones that I planted all exhibited the same wilting for about the first week and then came out of it strong.

on your clones, did you use lower branch growth, mid, or upper (new) growth???

i know that the lower branches (older growth) has a lot better success rate in cloning cus the lower branches have all the nutrients, its a supply line for water!!! its just an easier way to go on the cloning!!! just read this and then read your post!! so it was still fresh in the head!!!

Hey Aston... Yes, good point.
I remember reading that as long as your slice is taken from the 4th node down or lower that you should be ok. I believe I sliced mine about 1/4 from the bottom.

One main error I think I made was that I didn't place the cutting in the medium right away. I took the cutting in the house after dipping in water and then the cloning powder. I then watered the peat pellets from my kitchen and expanded them with water before dropping the cutting in. I'm thinking that this wait time could have caused the problem. I've heard you want to complete the process immediately. Secondly, I didn't use the dome for like a week later. Then I initially had to many holes in the dome so it wasn't retaining the humidity it should. Lastly, I didn't use Superthrive Hormone, which I now have. I will try again and I think I should have better success. I will soak the peat pellet with the Superthrive Hormone this time so the vitamins get soaked up into the stem immediately. I heard people who have used this stuff have had roots showing in as early as 4 days.

yea that sounds like a good plan!!! i heard that the peat pellets are not all that great to use for cloning, that rockwool is best for it or the cubes, they retain the superthrive better.... i dont its just what ive read!!!

It's funny you mention this. I've read from individuals where they were very adamant against using rockwool and cloning gel. They recommended peat pellets with cloning powder and insisted they had 100 percent success with these components.

I think everyone has their own success stories and they communicate what works for them. I know peat pellets have been around for years and think they will work fine.
I will try again and see what happens. If I still have problems I will try rockwool. But I got the peat pellets mainly because that was what was available in my local stores. The cloning powder I am using was only like 5 bucks for a jar. I've read by so many people that they have had just as good success with the cheap cloning powders than the expensive name brand stuff that costs over 20 bucks.

I'm going to go out and check on my sole survivor to see how she is doing.
I am hoping at least I have 1 out of 3 that survives. Then it won't be a total loss at least. Who knows, she may grow up to be the best of the best :)

Oh, almost forgot....

i feel ya on that!!! lol IMO i think that powder would be best, i mean gel covers it all!!! roots need air to breath, so to me i would go with the powder, just seems like common sense route to me!!! but hey whatever works for anybody, so long as we keep the cannabis alive!!! its all that matters!!! oh and grow some beautiful, dense, huge, stinky, sticky flowers!!!

say high to the ladies for me, for as i am on my way out to check on my ladies!!!

Aston,

You never did tell me where you got your Aphgan seeds?
I need to research for my next grow. I think I want to try seeds next time.
This way I am not dependant on the limited selection of clones that are available at the time. I've heard so much about White Widow, and AK47 and Blueberry Kush and True OG and others. I am thinking if I could get a few seeds of each and try to grow like 3-4 different strains at the same time would be very kewl.

I may also try a SCROG next year...

Back
Top Bottom