Pyramid Purple & DNA Chocolope Under CFL - 2nd Grow

Hey KJohn, he's a shocking salesman but the guy at the store talked me out of a new nute as well saying that if there was root damage then she would be having trouble taking up certaing things but not others which may show up as defs of certain things. Made sense, I also don't particularly know what I'm looking for. I did confirm that not a single brand I've seen on this site is available.. haha.
Max, I have mine at 30.5 at the moment. Maybe I'll drop it a few inches tmoz. Although mines the 700..

-J.

I have the 700w as well. 30 inches is pretty far... Mars-Hydro's website says its best around 18" for flowering, at 30" there is less than 1000 lux.

I have the 700w as well. 30 inches is pretty far... Mars-Hydro's website says its best around 18" for flowering, at 30" there is less than 1000 lux.

Great, that's the info I was after. I was trying to play it safe but maybe too much so. I'll drop em in the morning. :) :thumb:
Thanks bro.

-J.

Great, that's the info I was after. I was trying to play it safe but maybe too much so. I'll drop em in the morning. :) :thumb:
Thanks bro.

-J.

Try to find a flowering nutrient with 5-15-14 N-P-K or similar for flowering.

Hey KJC, I was curious, I currently use the FoxFarm Liquid and Water Soluble Trios. So far I like them a lot and have no complaints.. You mentioned in another thread that Snow Storm Ultra is "a real deal Cannabis product" and I really wanted to get my hands on some. Can you speak too it's ability to be integrated into other Nutient Lines?

I really just want to know if I can use it with my FF Line and if I should be looking out for anything (besides the obvious of letting a certain nutrient get too high, but I'm pretty knowledgeable in that regard). Thanks in advance for your advice!

And I'm glad I could help Jesstar! :cheesygrinsmiley: just for reference, LUX is Lumens per Square Foot (meter? Not sure) but Mars-Hydros website has awesome graphics for determine height and LUX and so forth! You have a powerful light there, be prepared for the frosting!!!!:cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

Going off my last post, at 15 inches my ladies have about 20000 LUX (if I'm remembering correctly) so they are definitely receiving enough light.. The optimum amount for Cannabis is at least 7500 Lumens per plant. With just your Choco and Biodiesel 18"+ might be advisable, but I would just expirement and see how they react :cheesygrinsmiley:

Great. Thanks for the fast response man.
The guy at the hyds shop talked me out of getting any saying that our water has a very high content already and to wait and see.
The good news is my new light arrived today and all the diodes work. The other good news is that even at the hottest part of the day, my room was sitting, door closed 10℃ lower than it was with my cfls and the door open. Still hot at around 30 but better.

The bad news is that it came with this bonus dent. :(

I sent Mars hydro a message so I'll see how I go. I wouldn't be too worried but being a pretty high tech piece of equipment, I'm sure a ding big enough to dent through the packaging(assuming it wasn't packed that way) must have rattled around the guts of it..

-J.

30C is fine man. Most plants won't mind those temps. As for the dent, I would look closely at the circuit board, that's always the first thing to break under stress like this. If possible, disassemble the unit, and check both sides of the board for cracks. If there are no cracks, you should be good. Stress cracks will usually form around the place of impact, and at locations the circuit board is mounted with screws. Check the solder points where LEDs, resisters, and diodes are soldered onto the board as well. Sometimes damage like this will cause a PARTIAL separation of the solder from the board, and isn't noticeable until you press lightly on each component.

If everything checks out, then it's just likely a dent in the casing, and shouldn't affect operation at all.

Hey KJC, I was curious, I currently use the FoxFarm Liquid and Water Soluble Trios. So far I like them a lot and have no complaints.. You mentioned in another thread that Snow Storm Ultra is "a real deal Cannabis product" and I really wanted to get my hands on some. Can you speak too it's ability to be integrated into other Nutrient Lines?

I really just want to know if I can use it with my FF Line and if I should be looking out for anything (besides the obvious of letting a certain nutrient get too high, but I'm pretty knowledgeable in that regard). Thanks in advance for your advice!

Snow Storm Ultra can be used as a foliar spray and added to most any nutrient schedule. @Dennise is using Snow Storm Ultra as a foliar spray and also using FoxFarm's 3 part nutrients

I use Snow Storm Ultra as a foliar spray at 1.25 milliliters per quart or liter in flower every 7-10 days and discontinue use 1 week before harvest.

I will only spray Snow Storm Ultra just before the lights go off for the darkness phase of flowering.

https://emeraldtriangle.biz

https://www.perfectgardens.com emerald triangle snow storm ultra qt

Ta again, John. I'll have a look when I'm next there. I think I need to give her a feed soon. It's been 2 weeks odd with no supper and little improvement. Might as well feed her now and again huh?

I'm excited to get the lamp closer so I Can see the difference. :)

Adios Amigos!

I was thinking the same thing and is the reason why I inquired if you had made any progress with finding another more suitable flower nutrient for your cannabis plants. High nitrogen in flower retards bud development and harvest quantity.

Try to find a flowering nutrient with 5-15-14 N-P-K or similar for flowering.

I'll try to nip past the shop today now I know what I'm looking for. It seems so silly that there is even a product on the ,market with such an inappropriate level of Nitrogen in..
This may be a rather daft question but when a bottle says 5-15-14 N-P-K, does that mean parts and then the rest is made up of other shit or is it a measurement of some sort? Asking as mine doesn't even have that x-x-x figure, only percentages so maybe I have to work it out?

Thanks guys.

-J.

Oh ok, that's pretty straightforward. So a 5-14-14 nutrient mix would be 5% N, 14% P, 15% K and 66% other?

Makes sense.

-J.

You are correct!

Just to add another question into the conversation:

Assuming we use the same 5-14-14 nutes in my query, during which state do the nutrients contain 5%, 14%, and 14%? In the bottle? Mixed with water? And once we mix a 5-14-14 does the NPK percentage decrease?

Quick example: 1ml/gal of nute mix of 5-14-14 vs. 5ml/gal of nute mix of 5-14-14.
Are we still looking at a 5-14-14 mix in both examples, but just different quantity of 5-14-14 contained in the mix?
To me it seems like we'd just have a 5-14-14 in the bottle, and once we mix it into water, that concentration becomes diluted.
I've always had trouble with understanding some science/chemistry things, so I have to ask :(

I know what you mean, A.
Am I right so say though that if your 5-14-14 is percentages then it would remain the same proportions as long as nowhere in the ingedients(or percentage breakdown) there is water because if there was then as soon as you added it to water, the water % would goo through the roof and everything else would be 0.x%s.
Is that what you mean, Antics?

-J.

To my understanding, what is in the bottle, is super concentrated. Once you dilute that according to the nute scheme, it's at the levels advertised. For this reason, they tell you to add x ml to y gal.

This also means that it's just an indication .. if 4 ml per gallon would be regular dose, you would effectively half that dose when you add another gallon of water. Nutrient percentages can no longer be the same as advertised now, for adding a neutral liquid to the mix, increases it's volume, but not it's nutrients.

Jesstar, how often are you watering Choco? The only thing I can find that seems to resemble it is overwatering: Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Bro, it's usually every 4 days or when the pot is light. I also have a cheap moisture meter I use to confirm what I think is going on. You may be right in one respect as of late I have been desperately trying to flush and treat for fungas gnats thinking over-nuting and then gnat damage to the roots may be the problem. So that being said, she probably has had a bit too much the last week and a half or so. She's currently drying out(tomorrow will be the 5th day. I'm getting kind of out of ideas here. With three other girls more than happy with the lifestyle I have and do provide for them, I can only start to think she's just a little bitch. :p Haha.

Not sure what the next step is. Probably a very weak feed with new nutes and possibly a tiny touch of CalMag(if I can bloody-well find it! I've checked 3 hydro shops and the closest is CalMagIron and I don't want to overdo the Iron, not sure what this does if anything.. Haha).

Thanks for everyone's help. I wish we could get this resolved, I feel like I owe it to everyone here as well as myself to get this fixed and reap some rewards. :thanks:

-J.

Back
Top Bottom