Quadub's LED Stealth Grow - Soil - Blue Dream

@jeff1bar- So im pretty sure i just accidently spilled some nutes on the leaves because those were the only two leaves like that and there has been no more since. However my leaves are still looking a little curled on one of the plants. This is very interesting to be being as i use the same water, and nutrient solution for both plants. if i am using the exact same thing on both plants is it possible for one to get PH lockout? I dont think so but i have been looking everywhere trying to find out what it is.

I just put a humidifier in the room to try and raise the humidity but it actually dropped it!! any explinations? My humidity went from 42 to 30.

last thing i added was a ghetto rigged co2 system. simple water, sugar, yeast mixture. prolly not doing too much for my plants but was a fun project :)

Lastly here are some pics of the girls progress, i am planning on going into flower very soon, like within the next few days but would like some imput on a 24 hour dark period??
IMG_20133.JPG

It is actually quite interesting, my blue dreams leaves are actually a shade of blue...I didnt notice till i put them in the sunlight for some fresh air, but it looks cool!
IMG_20243.JPG
IMG_20363.jpg

PS. i was thinking it could be my humidity which is why i got the humidifier but that didnt do anything so i was thinking of a foliar spray to moisten things up? anyone have any suggestions on that?

Hey Q-dub,

Thanks for the pics! They might help your situation.

I don't know what to say about the humifier issue. Is it in the closet/tent, or in the bedroom? Hopefully you are using a cool mist model, and not a hot mist unit. I have found that 40-50% is perfect for me. Getting to 30% or lower is too dry, and above 60% will start to present problems over a period of time.

Good to hear that the leaf issue has stopped, and it was only a little nute spillage.

Can I make some comments?

I went back and did a quick skim of your post, noting the dates and plant progression. Your clones were in their current pots, and in your tent on Feb. 12th. The last pics outside, were from April 4th. My calculations put that at 7 weeks veg. Your plants look to be 28" to 34", as best as I can tell from the pics. The stems are nicely developed, and quite large for the plant height, IMO. The pots look to be no bigger than 5g, but might even be 4g. Your plants had nice consistent growth through the first 4-5 weeks, and then seemed to slow. I have to say that IMO they are overly dense at this point. There are significant fan leaf numbers on both plants, that require a large amount of light, and more importantly nutes. I believe still that they are starving, and are not getting enough from their feedings. I don't think that there is a ph issue, as much as I think you are getting root bound. 7 weeks is a long time for veg, and I am sure that your pot is full of roots at this point.

I feel strongly that you have to transplant before you go to bloom! Any senior growers out there, I think will echo that. If you start flowering, and leave them in those pots until the end, I don't think you will make it to harvest, IMO.

The foliage will also have to be thinned out a bit before you bloom, IMO. You will run into possible rot issues, if you start flowering with that density. Any buds in the thick of the plant, with not mature, and remember, the plant with grow again for the first 3-4 weeks of flower. I have had plants almost double their size in flower.

I don't foliar feed myself, as my program does enough that I don't have to. Having said that, I think it might help you with your situation. Hoping someone can chime in with some helpful advice. If your roots can't get enough, get it to the plant through the leaves.

I would suggest going to 7g for the rest of your cycle. I very much like the smart pots, but that is my choice. They allow some flexibility if you out grow the pots, as they really do air prune the roots as they grow into the fabric. If you do replant, and the roots are nasty at the bottom, you may want to trim a bit off, and plant it higher up in the new pot, to allow for more space below for new growth.

If you have any questions, ask away. Someone will answer with quality advice. :goodluck:

Cheers!

:thumb:

OK guys so here is a HUGE update.. a lot of changes today.
First off~~
I took your advice and transplanted the plants today. they were currently in 3g pots and are now in 5 gal pots which im sure are big enough being as the roots were not even clost to being bound in the last pot.
Heres a pic of the underneth.
IMG_03289.jpg

I also changed the lights in the HO florescent i have from the 6000K blue bulbs to the 3000K red bulbs.
Pics are from about 2 hours after transplant and they are not loking droopy or anything so thats a good sign.

My method for the transplant was
1. water 2 days before transplant.
2. pop out of pot and into new one, surrounding all open areas with soil.
3. water with half strenth nutes.

Here are some pics of the girls.
IMG_03298.JPG
IMG_20383.jpg

I also did a fair amount of trimming. scratch that, i did a shit load of trimming and they are looking nice ;D

here is 2 pics to compare.
IMG_20501.jpg
IMG_20512.jpg

And lastly...here is another pic of the leaf curling, hopefully its a better one. no discoloration or drying, just curling...
IMG_20624.JPG

Hey guys, Heres a few new pics, i have currently been flowering for 1 and a half weeks and am starting to get some nice little flowers.
IMG_20683.JPG
IMG_20725.jpg

DAY 14 OF FLOWER
hey guys so just some pic updates. Not much has changed in the grow room, i took out the humidifier but everything else is the same. here are some picks from the end of week 2 flowering.

I know it is a sin to trim your plants after flowering but i couldnt take it, they were too bushy and blocking too much light. They are looking better now and surprisingly havent slowed bud formation.
Pic of the canopy
IMG_20792.JPG
IMG_20864.jpg

and a few flower photos...
IMG_20943.jpg
IMG_20953.jpg

and last... a weird crazy one that idk how my camera manages to do it.
IMG_20875.JPG

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom