Quantum T5 Badboy

watts per lumen is better with the HO bulbs so you are better off just going to more HO bulbs in a fixture then in a VHO fixture. Plus the VHO bulbs are a little pricer, plus with the HO you can get them in a wider spectrum so you can dial in exactly what you need. I have a Solar Flare 12 bulb VHO and a 12 bulb bad boy HO. I'll let you know in about 8 weeks which performs better.

Watts per lumen is better but more lumens is more lumens, in the long run you should come out ahead..if you can get that puppy within 4 inches I would assume its got to be close to a 600hps, maybe a tad more? I know nothing about the bulbs spectrum other than i see they have flower and veg bulbs... keep us posted for sure and good luck with your grow!

and no problem Setting, hope all is going well with your side by side..

I am......... enjoying the show for sure! not to mention im really anxious to see how you finish off under the T5s...I was talking to my local shop and they just got in the
vho's from sunlight supply, seemed to think they have some serious potential.

take everything you hear with a grain of salt. I have both the badboy and the solar flare vho and after talking to my supplier who sells both he talked me out of getting another vho because he said the bulbs and ballast were really degrading fast and he was getting a lot of negative feedback. So he wanted me to get another badboy. Considering that he makes more money selling a solar flare and vho bulbs I'm leaning towards the badboy. Here is the other big issue with the solar flare 12 bulb unit. It is too large for UPS so you have to have it shipped common carrier. which triples the shipping cost, it was 129 to ship 300 miles to me, fortunately the dealer ate the difference. but said he couldn't do that anymore. The sixteen bulb badboy unit he said he wouldn't carry because the strain on the ballast was too much.

:slide:Heeeeey yoooo guuuuysssssss! (Goonies)Everything getting bigger n bigger! Trichs shooting out like machine guns shells all over the leaves. SICKO!!!!:slide::slide::slide: Tonights top story:
IMG_02483.JPG

IMG_02467.JPG

IMG_024411.JPG

IMG_02435.JPG

IMG_02427.JPG

IMG_023811.JPG

IMG_02395.JPG

IMG_02358.JPG

:slide::cheer::slide::cheer::slide:

Dude its like watching the fourth of july under a grow light, phuckin vicious 4 sure. Have a good night all. Pump the HO fo sure! ha ha lol!

Bend

subscribed bro, this is amazing. I've been watching for a bit now but just became a member today. so i thought i would post and say how impressed i am with this grow. nice job!!!:bravo: killer buds

me want T5 badboy now 2

Tonights blow by blow account from ringside we send it over to bendmmc,

Thanks and good evening everybody we've got six contenders all in different strain weight belts ready to duke it out tonight, but only one can be king! Which one will it be? lets get it started with the sound of the bell in round 1......."Ding"

IMG_02684.JPG

IMG_02678.JPG

IMG_026610.JPG

IMG_026410.JPG

IMG_02657.JPG

IMG_02607.JPG

IMG_02598.JPG

IMG_02695.JPG

Well everyone the damb announcer is so phuckin high we cant really remember who was who, where are we again? lol.

Thanks everybody for the nice comments we love it.:thanks::peace::rollit:
Bend:theband:

A little night opportunity to get some white light shots. pretty cool. Much different at night

IMG_02866.JPG

IMG_02873.JPG

IMG_02853.JPG

IMG_02844.JPG

IMG_02825.JPG

IMG_02835.JPG

Hope your all having a good night! Stay tuned for more soon!

Bend:theband::thumb:

hey what bulb spec did you use for veg? All blue or did you have some red mixed in? Did you switch them at flower?

In the third week of bloom we switched all bulbs to 3000k-2900k with the exception of keeping 1 6500k bulb at both ends of the light. I have a twelve bulb lamp so it looks like this. If 6500k= 6 and 2900k=2, this is it 622222222226 the plants sit right under the 2900k bulbs. Hope that makes sense. also you can see this in some of the photos. Hope that helps.:thumb:

In the third week of bloom we switched all bulbs to 3000k-2900k with the exception of keeping 1 6500k bulb at both ends of the light. I have a twelve bulb lamp so it looks like this. If 6500k= 6 and 2900k=2, this is it 622222222226 the plants sit right under the 2900k bulbs. Hope that makes sense. also you can see this in some of the photos. Hope that helps.:thumb:

makes sense and its working!!!:clap:

Nice question, We vegged for about 2 months, then switched to 12/12. Spectrum is important, for veg we used 6500k bulbs on a 16/8 time zone, then for the first week of flowering we used a 50/50 mix of both 6500K and 3000K bulbs. In the second week of flowering we went to a full compliment of 3000K bulbs, with only 2 6500k bulbs placed at each end of the light. I recently explained to vaporeyes how my light looks at the moment. Good luck and good day to you.
:cheer::cheer::slide::theband::slide::cheer::cheer:
Bend

Socal I think the difference is signifigant between the two. Many have different opinions. The most common seams to be a 6500k bulb for veg and 2900-3000k bulb for flowering. Heres a graph I found off wikepedia to show a little differnece in spectrum. Hope this helps in your decision. Good luck.
533px-PlanckianLocus.png

Back
Top Bottom