Question about AVB

andyb53

420 Member
i want to use my avb to make make edibles, probably will do butter. i know there is still some goodness left in the avb. is there any information out there concerning approximately how much thc might be left in my avb? i only use it once, then save it.

I couldn't say how much THC is left in your AVB. It would depend on many things, mostly how much was in the fresh herb and how much has since been taken out of it from vaping. Some AVB can be great in an emergency where if the herb was good in the first place it can give you a pretty good high altho you have to work a little harder when re-vaping it.

Recently I used some of my AVB to make AVB butter/Cannabis butter, for that I used 1/2 cup of AVB to 150grams butter, but next time I would make that 200gram butter as I found 150gram made a very thick chunky combined melt. I gently simmered it for 10 minutes, the time based on the fact it had been vaped which does a reasonable job of mostly decarbing but some of the AVB I used had also been decarbed prior to vaping (using an Ardent Decarboxilater). In theory when using decarbed material there should be no need to heat with the butter for a long time (it was my first time doing it so I took longer with process in an effort to maximise my chances of success) and also I didn't want to mess it up by overdoing and burning the butter and wasting the whole process. I just simmered for 10 minute then left it overnight in the pot then in the morning added a few cups of boiling water and the simmered the whole pot for 10 minutes before allowing to cool and leaving in it the fridge for a few hours so the butter can solidify and be lifted out of the water containing most of the AVB crud and the rest scraped off the butter. I used the resulting AVB butter to make Russian Fudge and found 2 or 3 squares of it gave a very welcome and very nice trippy high. However that AVB was from my last season's organic grow and that was pretty reasonable herb to vape. I tried exactly the same recipe using saved AVB from a much poorer quality herb and found the resulting fudge was tasty also but too poor to give a high. So it is all down to the quality or your AVB! :goodluck:

I couldn't say how much THC is left in your AVB. It would depend on many things, mostly how much was in the fresh herb and how much has since been taken out of it from vaping. Some AVB can be great in an emergency where if the herb was good in the first place it can give you a pretty good high altho you have to work a little harder when re-vaping it.

Recently I used some of my AVB to make AVB butter/Cannabis butter, for that I used 1/2 cup of AVB to 150grams butter, but next time I would make that 200gram butter as I found 150gram made a very thick chunky combined melt. I gently simmered it for 10 minutes, the time based on the fact it had been vaped which does a reasonable job of mostly decarbing but some of the AVB I used had also been decarbed prior to vaping (using an Ardent Decarboxilater). In theory when using decarbed material there should be no need to heat with the butter for a long time (it was my first time doing it so I took longer with process in an effort to maximise my chances of success) and also I didn't want to mess it up by overdoing and burning the butter and wasting the whole process. I just simmered for 10 minute then left it overnight in the pot then in the morning added a few cups of boiling water and the simmered the whole pot for 10 minutes before allowing to cool and leaving in it the fridge for a few hours so the butter can solidify and be lifted out of the water containing most of the AVB crud and the rest scraped off the butter. I used the resulting AVB butter to make Russian Fudge and found 2 or 3 squares of it gave a very welcome and very nice trippy high. However that AVB was from my last season's organic grow and that was pretty reasonable herb to vape. I tried exactly the same recipe using saved AVB from a much poorer quality herb and found the resulting fudge was tasty also but too poor to give a high. So it is all down to the quality or your AVB! :goodluck:
good info, thanks. not legal for me to grow my own (yet). unfortunately i can't choose a particular strain, just have to take what is available at the pharm, and it changes frequently. i think also that instead of butter i am going to try a tincture.

I use my avb to make oil. I remove the oil from the avb with iso alcohol and simmer the iso off to leave the oil behind,, which I then use to make topical oils and tintures for topical use only. just an fyi

vapourizer poo,, a lready v aped b ud,,, avb

cheers:volcano-smiley:

learn something new everyday @andyb53

don't blame me, i did not make it up.

the colour is certainly there,, ha

When I was a kid I used to look forward to the occasional gooey bowl scrapings. I used to refer to it as 'poor man's hash'.

I can still taste the nasty stuff! Lol my main bong would give up some big balls of the " hash" a couple times a year when we got desperate. Yuck....

I can still taste the nasty stuff! Lol my main bong would give up some big balls of the " hash" a couple times a year when we got desperate. Yuck....
I never liked scraping bongs. Always pipes. Preferably with a chamber so you could take crap weed and get it sticky with resin as you smoked through. Funny thing is, I was so used to those that when I got a new pipe recently (about 6 months ago) I automatically got one with a chamber without even thinking. Got it home and was like "well, I guess I really won't be using the chamber".

Back
Top Bottom