Question about organic nutrients/fertilizers

ilikebike

hey guys i am grow soil right now but i have been using liquid shultz plant food in my water to provide my plants with nutrients. i am trying to wrap my head around the concept of organic nutrients ( Such as bat guno, worm castings, etc) but each stage of the marijuana cycle calls for different NPK levels so do i have to transplant every time i want to put nutrients in the soil? or can i just sprinkle the stuff on the top of the soil and water it, and it will seep in to the soil and get to the roots. im fairly new to growing but i am very interested in organic fertz. so if any one can help further explain this to me i would be grateful thanks in advance.:thanks:

Repotting ever time of plant phase/cycle would be insane.

I think you will find that when people make their own soil mixs is that they will contain slow release ferts such as bone/fish/blood meal this is slowly released over time by some of the following reasons.

Organic fertilizers for the most part are in the inorganic form requiring biologicial and chemical action to make them plant available. This means that in plant material form they need decomposition. In compound form they need the chemical action of separation. In these forms they remain fairly stable within the soil versus leaching or escape as gases.

The processed chemical forms rely on the solubility to become plant available. So much depends on the temperature, moisture and incorporation with soil.

Quick release ferts would be in a form of tea/liquid often derived from the solid form by adding water and let stew to bring out the goodness, the risdual sludge left over in the bottom of tank could be used as top dressing for the plants letting any remaining good stuff be absorb into soil over time with every watering.

Different manures have varying degree of NPK, so in theory you could brew tea for either veg/bloom phase. I know theirs some guides for npk ratio of organic manures some where and even for tea brewing dotted about the forums...

Different types of guano are used for the vegetative and the flowering phase. This box contains the different guanos with instructions on a feeding schedule. I make guano teas by adding 1/2 cup of guano to 5 gallons of water and use an aquarium airstone to brew it for 24 hours and no longer than 48 because unwanted bacteria will overtake the beneficial bacteria after that.

ok so i can make the stew/tea but can i also just like sprinkle worm castings and bat guano on top of the soil and lightly work it in. Thats what i read on a FAQ thread

Yes you can sprinkle on top of soil and work in like a top dressing so to speak, with the act of watering it will slowing break down and works its way down to the roots may take several days for any noticable effect as this may be considored slow release.

You can also mix guano into you soil mix before repotting, i mixed 20 grams of bat guano into my biobizz All Mix for repotting into 6 litre air pot as it contain a fair amount of P - Phosphorous to aid the root growth any other trace micro nutrients etc

20 grams was less than half of required amount for the pot of that size, i was concerned about the high levels of Ca -calcium hence less than half amount of the guano.

I think guano has a life span of aprox 8 weeks in soil before most of goodness is used up.

It looks like links to eBay are not allowed so this is the package with all the types of guano needed
to get a crop through the vegetative and flowering stages that also comes with a feeding schedule.
guano.jpg

Yes you can sprinkle on top of soil and work in like a top dressing so to speak, with the act of watering it will slowing break down and works its way down to the roots may take several days for any noticable effect as this may be considored slow release.

You can also mix guano into you soil mix before repotting, i mixed 20 grams of bat guano into my biobizz All Mix for repotting into 6 litre air pot as it contain a fair amount of P - Phosphorous to aid the root growth any other trace micro nutrients etc

20 grams was less than half of required amount for the pot of that size, i was concerned about the high levels of Ca -calcium hence less than half amount of the guano.

I think guano has a life span of aprox 8 weeks in soil before most of goodness is used up.
Really great information. I think I'm getting the understanding of Soil VS Synthetic nutrients and just Organics. My only problem is. I want big fat nugs sticky with resins. I don't see many getting that with just soil and organics from what I have read. Many factors involved but overall.

Organic soil and water Just harvested @ round 10 in the same soil #no-till.
I have some more supporting documentation. lol

LED lighting with Far-Red augmentation (1750K).

Look-eye here - nugs VVVV

Back
Top Bottom