Question for Canadians.

FelixTheKwat

for all you wonderful people who live in canada i need some information.......

1. what is the job market like in canada?

2. what is the cost of living like in canada?

3. general atmosphere? things of that nature?

4. how tough would it be to get started there?

im seriously concidering saving up a couple grand and moving there so i need to know if i decided to do so what i would be getting myself into :)

of course i would do research on where i would be going first but i just want some inside information from those who already live there.

I am also interested in the answers to these questions. Also, if I could add onto them...

5. What are your dissability laws there? Anything in your law that mandates public acessability (IE: ramps on curbs at every street, public institutions MUST be accessable, universities must provide services, etc.)

-PM

im just goin for general information......
some basis to build a competent analysis from so i have facts i researched myself and inside information to base my decision upon.

FelixTheKwat said:
Loads of work in Alberta, where I live, not so much. There is a lot of work in Canada but often in places that people find undesirable to live, mostly North. West Coast is a very desirable place to live, hence the difficulty in getting a decent job. But generally, it's very likely you'll get work.

Far ranging. Having an idea where you want to live helps. A house that costs 150 000 on the island here might be 85 000 on the East coast (or less). Alberta only has one tax, the rest of the provinces have 2. Alberta is debt free and probably the wealthiest province. But everywhere has its benefits. I really can't comment about the end where Dahui and AJ live.

I find that difficult to answer since I've lived here all my life (I'm immersed in my culture therefore I don't see it well). I know we don't live in a constant state of fear and paranoia.

I don't think it would be tough at all. Again it's a regional thing.

5. What are your dissability laws there? Anything in your law that mandates public acessability (IE: ramps on curbs at every street, public institutions MUST be accessable, universities must provide services, etc.)
As far as I can think where I live, YES, YES and YES. Again I myself can't really comment on other places. Victoria also has a medical marijuana facility.

thanks ocean...... youve been most helpful

FelixTheKwat said:
for all you wonderful people who live in canada i need some information.......

im seriously concidering saving up a couple grand and moving there so i need to know if i decided to do so what i would be getting myself into :)

of course i would do research on where i would be going first but i just want some inside information from those who already live there.

hey man southern Ontario is a great place to live man, we my not be as well known as B.C. but we have a good job market, lots of industrial work and other variety's. The cost of living in southern Ontario is really cheap especially around the city of London which has roughly 350,000 people, especially when compared to B.C. (I also lived there before my accident ).
The atmosphere down here is really laid back and relaxed, lots of beautiful country sides and lots of cities close together. And its not to hard to get started here, my mom is a case worker for the Canadian government in London, and helps people get started from other countries. I think it would be a good thing for you or any American who is looking to live in a more peaceful lease paranoid society. Hopefully this is helpful! :bong:

Its probably better then in the States. We have many websites were you post your CV and send it out to compagnies and it actually works. Jobs vary and salaries too. But over all, you can get a good job pretty easily, depending on your qualifications.

Once again, it depends on where you live. I'll try to find a website tomorrow and post it..

Once again, it depends what place your at. Big cities, such as Montreal (yeah!) Toronto or Vancover, losta friendly people. In Montreal, lotsa nice people, they'll smile and talk to you. Downtown, great clubs and nice nightlife. Oh ya, did i mention the high quality ganja!?

Not really hard I think. Just gotta find a decent place to stay, get your work visa or whatever its called and your set

I'll try and find websites and post the link with more info... :allgood:

thank you dahui...... i would appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom