Canadian Growers Group & Friends

Cannabis legalization in Canada " The Shit Pile" works for me. Here's a Black Cerry Gelato fresh from the pile:laughtwo:

20240103_171416.jpg
I had a buddy grow one in his old cow manure pile. Planted it and forgot about. It grew a little over ten feet high. Come to cut it, he had to go into town. When he got back he found out the RCMP had been in and took it. No charges, just took his plant. F bummer.

How do you address restricting cannabis from organized crime while allowing access to persons with legitimate use?
Yeah that is a problem for sure. I would like to see a move toward more personal culitivation. If everyone grew a few plants and shared their crop with others, say in a cooperative or in garden markets where the weed was essentially free or the price was kept low, like $2 bucks a gram, there'd be no need of commercial growers or the criminal element. Make weed so commonplace and available to all that there's no money in it. I'd be happy with that, and so would all those med patients and enthusiasts. I'm also a home brewer and beer judge and the get togethers are incredibly fun when everyone brings stuff to try. We do World of Beers, which is when everyone gets to sip someone else's beer and comment on its qualities. We could do the same thing with weed if the government got it's head out of it's butt and wanted to get serious about getting rid of the criminal element. Just saying....

where the weed was essentially free or the price was kept low, like $2 bucks a gram, there'd be no need of commercial growers or the criminal element.
And therein lies the problem. Big commercial and the government see it as a cash cow. It's about money and control, not Healthcare unfortunately.

Yeah that is a problem for sure. I would like to see a move toward more personal culitivation. If everyone grew a few plants and shared their crop with others, say in a cooperative or in garden markets where the weed was essentially free or the price was kept low, like $2 bucks a gram, there'd be no need of commercial growers or the criminal element. Make weed so commonplace and available to all that there's no money in it. I'd be happy with that, and so would all those med patients and enthusiasts. I'm also a home brewer and beer judge and the get togethers are incredibly fun when everyone brings stuff to try. We do World of Beers, which is when everyone gets to sip someone else's beer and comment on its qualities. We could do the same thing with weed if the government got it's head out of it's butt and wanted to get serious about getting rid of the criminal element. Just saying....
I think the rational is sound in that if everyone grew pot their would be little need for elicit sales or commercial sales for that matter. However not everyone has the capabilities or the desire to grow there own. Just like your beer brewing club which I would guess is a small percent of the beer consumed in your area.
Belize was interesting in that one could possess 10 grams of pot legally but one could not grow it legally and their is no legal source. So their is no alternative but to buy illegally grown/imported pot so one wonders who this really benefits in the end.....

Well this plant has been cultivated by humans for thousands of years and will continue to be for many more eventually society will catch up till then keep growing they can't stop us all! :surf: ...lol

Well this plant has been cultivated by humans for thousands of years and will continue to be for many more eventually society will catch up till then keep growing they can't stop us all! :surf: ...lol

society will catch up? think they have.. think that all comes down who has the power!!!!

think you be growing alot of weed when the CCP takes over Canada ?

I think the rational is sound in that if everyone grew pot their would be little need for elicit sales or commercial sales for that matter. However not everyone has the capabilities or the desire to grow there own. Just like your beer brewing club which I would guess is a small percent of the beer consumed in your area.
Belize was interesting in that one could possess 10 grams of pot legally but one could not grow it legally and their is no legal source. So their is no alternative but to buy illegally grown/imported pot so one wonders who this really benefits in the end.....
What you do in Belize is head inland to Orange Walk Town and make friends with the mestizos that grow sugarcane. Mind bending weed came from there in the 80's. Wouldn't be surprised if one could score similar stuff today. :thumb:

society will catch up? think they have.. think that all comes down who has the power!!!!

think you be growing alot of weed when the CCP takes over Canada ?
Don't matter who's in charge... People have been growing tons of weed even before it became legal and people will continue growing lots of weed even if it becomes illegal again, No matter what puppet they decide to put in office doesn't mean anything just like race its another social construct to keep people in line that doesn't work.

Don't matter who's in charge... People have been growing tons of weed even before it became legal and people will continue growing lots of weed even if it becomes illegal again, No matter what puppet they decide to put in office doesn't mean anything just like race its another social construct to keep people in line that doesn't work.

LOL.. yeah right .. not with the brutality of the CCP

More than one vulture circling...
Yeah I hope they keep personal cultivation law for home growers, Oddy and Chungo is right, not everyone can grow their own so my idea has limited merits. But another idea is to get someone else to grow for you, as in pay someone with the facilities to grow your dope like u brews do for beer and wine. Just imagine you could use your own seeds, or theirs (if they had a proper seed bank) and they send out reports including pictures of your pot as it grows by email or text.. If I was younger and had the resources I'd pitch that idea. My vision would also include a seed bank of old school pure landrace sativas and indicas, and offer those as well for the clients. Just imagine going into a co-op grow centre and choosing something like old time Thai stick, Punto Roja, Malawie Wowie or Nepalese Black Temple ball hash plants. You pay for the time your plant(s) needs to mature. You get the personal touch of choosing your plant and they grow it for you, whether it's orgainic, Hydro or outdoors kinda like having a foster kid, haha. I'd call the business "Your World Of Weed" whataya think Chungo?

I got into diamonds last night and really didn't know what to think about much. Age has pretty well dimmed any thoughts i might have had about capitalizing on cannabis, never had a capitalist bone in my body to begin with. Any ideas I have are purely agrarian and wouldn't fly today. My grows come at personal expense and I gift 9/10 of that to people, just my way of giving the present setup the finger. Often felt that it would be nice to have a tissue culture lab and really be able to practice preservation. Makes more sense to me for cannabis just be another flower or vegetable .......... but it wouldn't fly.:laughtwo:

I got into diamonds last night and really didn't know what to think about much. Age has pretty well dimmed any thoughts i might have had about capitalizing on cannabis, never had a capitalist bone in my body to begin with. Any ideas I have are purely agrarian and wouldn't fly today. My grows come at personal expense and I gift 9/10 of that to people, just my way of giving the present setup the finger. Often felt that it would be nice to have a tissue culture lab and really be able to practice preservation. Makes more sense to me for cannabis just be another flower or vegetable .......... but it wouldn't fly.:laughtwo:

i have many capitalist bones in my body! your not telling us your a commie are you?

Funny thing about there not being much of industry tailored to home growing (seeds...),
it makes getting rid of home growing in the future a lot easier because it wont put a dent in wallets or anger the commercial sector. DIY tissue culture would be pretty sweet. Do it and tag me. Can't see the plants cuttings counting towards your limit.

in tissue culture the cuttings never grow roots until you allow it. so not buying that.
a plant is defined by having a root system. u can send leaf samples in the mail for testing. are those plants too?

Back
Top Bottom