Canadian Growers Group & Friends

I'm self sufficient and don't pay taxes for my cannabis. I'm under no illusion that government is going to throw me a bone and don't expect one. Not good for me to get wound on politics.:laughtwo: I'm down to only hoping we can maintain a healthy division between church and state!

i blame the mounties for letting that guy where a turban back in the late 1970s down grade church and state alot..

That was more institutional racism, and never was an issue about telling people how to live. Buddy ended up with a 30 year distinguished career and was one of the inspectors that got Robert Pickton. I wonder if Quebec is over the hyjab yet?
Good question. I haven't heard if she won her case or not.

Good question. I haven't heard if she won her case or not.

never heard about it .. but the turban is religion .. rcmp is state .. u where the uniform or you dont be a mountie..

church and state should not mix .. this is a county build on christian values .. get a job some where else..

cant have turban cops imho

That's a self ritious and simplistic viewpoint. The one where there is no other morality. I fly the 1st nations flag on my property. Ask anybody who knows the east coast, there's scads of generational welfare, people won't work, can't make them work. Shame on me for denying anyone that wants to make a buck.
The military got over it.
"A turban may be worn by members with ceremonial, mess, and service dress. Turbans may also be worn with occupational and operational dress, subject to the safety and operational considerations noted in sub-paragraph a., above."
It was a dress code 3 people couldn't get over and got the choir going 30 some years ago.

Wtf?..... Thought we were all here to talk about cannabis and share knowledge about it?...Not fight about politics, religions or dress codes that's for the weak minded sheeple in society to have something to bitch about when life is not going their way. The worlds been burring since the worlds been turning and still will be when humans extinct themselves over petty BS like this... Guess you just can't fix stupid!... So how about this weather isn't just great for growing our weed! lol :morenutes:

Ahem...moving on I found this brilliant RSC blog topic that may interest those who care about the necessity of preserving landraces.

Wtf?..... Thought we were all here to talk about cannabis and share knowledge about it?...Not fight about politics, religions or dress codes that's for the weak minded sheeple in society to have something to bitch about when life is not going their way. The worlds been burring since the worlds been turning and still will be when humans extinct themselves over petty BS like this... Guess you just can't fix stupid!... So how about this weather isn't just great for growing our weed! lol :morenutes:
Well said Herby, I was about to quit the site and look elsewhere. Happy New Year farming 👍

Allright lets us start a conversation on what the current needs of access to cannabis as Canadian growers we want to have.

Allright lets us start a conversation on what the current needs of access to cannabis as Canadian growers we want to have.
Sure abolish the alcohol/liquor board ways of running a cannabis market, Allow craft cannabis growers to bring their product to market by creating a grading house system where people interested in selling flower/concentrates they make can bring it to be graded and paid out according to the quality of their product, Then that way everyone has a fair chance to be part of the cannabis industry without prosecution... Also make the cost of obtaining a grow or processing license more attainable to the average home grower. Allow people to obtain their cannabis seeds from anywhere not just government ran stores or websites. People that abuse the system should receive a hefty fine and be banned from growing or producing products for a period of time, Not do jail time, That just cost the rest of us money to keep them locked up, and lastly there should be no plant limit for home growers until your growing at a commercial or industrial level.

Sure abolish the alcohol/liquor board ways of running a cannabis market,

the alcohol industry is the template for cannabis production and retail. you won't get rid of the board system as that is where the gov't collects the tax revenue and enforces licensing and legislature. gov't boards exist in every alcohol and cannabis market in canada and are never going away.

Allow craft cannabis growers to bring their product to market by creating a grading house system where people interested in selling flower/concentrates they make can bring it to be graded and paid out according to the quality of their product,

something similar already exists. there is a cannabis growers marketing pool here in sask similar to the old wheat pool idea. smaller producers sell into the pool who then markets product to the retailer. it helps put smaller producers on an even footing with larger corporate producers.

the bigger problem is getting the license to produce in the first place, then jumping through all the federal/provincial regulatory and inspection hoops to get a facility built and operating. the cost barrier here to become a craft producer is in the 5 - 6 million dollar cdn range. initially it was much lower, but things have tightened as the industry developed.

it's important to note that "craft cannabis" is not an actual thing. the industry only makes a distinction based on the size of the producer it has nothing to do with perceived quality. that will probably never change, as major producers don't like the distinction, and have successfully argued there is no way to differentiate between craft and other product.

all cannabis products are lumped into one general category, primarily so commercial product can be exported outside of the country.

Then that way everyone has a fair chance to be part of the cannabis industry without prosecution... Also make the cost of obtaining a grow or processing license more attainable to the average home grower.

it's a nice thought but is not at all the way industry and gov't is pushing the cdn market. the cdn marketplace was built in consultation with already existing corporate partners.

Allow people to obtain their cannabis seeds from anywhere not just government ran stores or websites.

in effect that is already the case. everyone is simply trying to find a way to legitimize that side of the market.

People that abuse the system should receive a hefty fine and be banned from growing or producing products for a period of time, Not do jail time, That just cost the rest of us money to keep them locked up,

that is also kind of already happening. loads of larger producers have already been caught growing commercial levels of illegal weed that is diverted into the legal sales stream to maximize profit. the highest penalty has been a fine at most. very few have even had their legal license stripped.

conversely some home growers are at greater risk than ever. look at what is happening in both manitoba and quebec. neither have legal home grow, and prosecutions of home growers there are at levels higher than what was experienced just previous to legal. industry is driving a lot of the legal action to ensure home grow doesn't gain the same foothold as it did in the other parts of the country. they pour money into enforcement, the good news is it won't result in jail unless the grow is a dozen or more plants.

and lastly there should be no plant limit for home growers until your growing at a commercial or industrial level.

that'll never happen. industry has a huge say in what gets to be industrial or commercial. gov't set those limits in direct consultation with industry. there is no way a home grower could ever garner the resources needed to get the minimum licensing and permits required for a commercial level facility.

i like the ideas you present. the time to have fixed all of this is now well past unfortunately. our gov't decided from the get go that legality would be skewed to corporate interests. subsequent gov'ts are not likely to roll that back.

the alcohol industry is the template for cannabis production and retail. you won't get rid of the board system as that is where the gov't collects the tax revenue and enforces licensing and legislature. gov't boards exist in every alcohol and cannabis market in canada and are never going away.

something similar already exists. there is a cannabis growers marketing pool here in sask similar to the old wheat pool idea. smaller producers sell into the pool who then markets product to the retailer. it helps put smaller producers on an even footing with larger corporate producers.

the bigger problem is getting the license to produce in the first place, then jumping through all the federal/provincial regulatory and inspection hoops to get a facility built and operating. the cost barrier here to become a craft producer is in the 5 - 6 million dollar cdn range. initially it was much lower, but things have tightened as the industry developed.

it's important to note that "craft cannabis" is not an actual thing. the industry only makes a distinction based on the size of the producer it has nothing to do with perceived quality. that will probably never change, as major producers don't like the distinction, and have successfully argued there is no way to differentiate between craft and other product.

all cannabis products are lumped into one general category, primarily so commercial product can be exported outside of the country.

it's a nice thought but is not at all the way industry and gov't is pushing the cdn market. the cdn marketplace was built in consultation with already existing corporate partners.

in effect that is already the case. everyone is simply trying to find a way to legitimize that side of the market.

that is also kind of already happening. loads of larger producers have already been caught growing commercial levels of illegal weed that is diverted into the legal sales stream to maximize profit. the highest penalty has been a fine at most. very few have even had their legal license stripped.

conversely some home growers are at greater risk than ever. look at what is happening in both manitoba and quebec. neither have legal home grow, and prosecutions of home growers there are at levels higher than what was experienced just previous to legal. industry is driving a lot of the legal action to ensure home grow doesn't gain the same foothold as it did in the other parts of the country. they pour money into enforcement, the good news is it won't result in jail unless the grow is a dozen or more plants.

that'll never happen. industry has a huge say in what gets to be industrial or commercial. gov't set those limits in direct consultation with industry. there is no way a home grower could ever garner the resources needed to get the minimum licensing and permits required for a commercial level facility.

i like the ideas you present. the time to have fixed all of this is now well past unfortunately. our gov't decided from the get go that legality would be skewed to corporate interests. subsequent gov'ts are not likely to roll that back.
All great answers bluter and I agree maybe I should have said a lot of legislation and skewed views have to change in order for anything to change for the good in the cannabis industry. I love the idea of the Cannabis pool of growers in Sask. that system should be implemented all over. I don't believe the time is up for us to be able to change the system if everyone stopped buying their products they wouldn't last.

Once people educate themselves on how to grow their own cannabis properly there would be no need for commercial or industrial growers.

With the way things are now If home growers can work together as a grow collective of 4 to 6 or more people we can still work within the legal realms of the 4 plant count and produce at a commercial level without needing a license or a facility, By everyone in the collective growing individually at each of their own homes with in the plant count, but working together as one. Like a perpetual grow system handled by everyone in the grow collective resulting in everyone in the collective doing their individual parts and coming away with a lot of cannabis each harvest... Hence no need for dispo weed in the future.. If we grow together the cooperate ran cannabis industries would fall apart.

i like the direction of your thought process.

All great answers bluter and I agree maybe I should have said a lot of legislation and skewed views have to change in order for anything to change for the good in the cannabis industry.

i think things actually have to devolve a little bit. the industry itself isn't quite what anyone thought it would be at this point in time. the original legislation actually created room for review and hopefully positive reform.

i worked in alcohol retail and knew folk working on the cannabis side of retail regulation and commercial purchase. i was hoping to make the jump over but there really isn't that much room on that side it's all really dry regulatory work.

I love the idea of the Cannabis pool of growers in Sask. that system should be implemented all over. I don't believe the time is up for us to be able to change the system if everyone stopped buying their products they wouldn't last.

they call it the sask weed pool lol. play on the old sask wheat pool name. give it a google.

Once people educate themselves on how to grow their own cannabis properly there would be no need for commercial or industrial growers.

that's a big part of the reason home grow is restricted to the plant limit. if you grow legally, you'll stay under the amounts typically grown in grey or black market production and won't generate sustainable income.

it's also why legal home grow is restricted to folk who own a single family residence and do not rent. it limits liabilities and handcuffs the majority of the population to purchasing commercial legal product, not growing.

similar restrictions are in place for home brewing, vintners, and alcohol. if you read the different legislation, you'd be surprised how similar it is written.

With the way things are now If home growers can work together as a grow collective of 4 to 6 or more people we can still work within the legal realms of the 4 plant count and produce at a commercial level without needing a license or a facility, By everyone in the collective growing individually at each of their own homes with in the plant count, but working together as one. Like a perpetual grow system handled by everyone in the grow collective resulting in everyone in the collective doing their individual parts and coming away with a lot of cannabis each harvest... Hence no need for dispo weed in the future.. If we grow together the cooperate ran cannabis industries would fall apart.

there already facebook groups and other local collectives that are organizing as compassion providers, or hobbyists, similar to what you find in local brewing clubs. it takes a lot of organization and commitment to bring it up to the the levels you suggest, but it's not impossible by any stretch.

one of the biggest losses in rolling out legal has been the loss of med based legal growers. we ran a legal 200 plant med-based grow for around a decade or better pre-legal. it was exactly the type of grow where your idea of a craft cannabis grow would be in the current market place.

legal wiped it out completely.

it destroyed our licensing and forced 100% of our clients into the commercial market. it also totally wiped out our med-based gene stock and destroyed entire lines of med-based products, many of which were topicals or other non-psychoactive applications.

most of the folk we helped have not been able to replace what we provided even today years later. legal has wiped out med based folk almost entirely.

i like the direction of your thought process.

i think things actually have to devolve a little bit. the industry itself isn't quite what anyone thought it would be at this point in time. the original legislation actually created room for review and hopefully positive reform.

i worked in alcohol retail and knew folk working on the cannabis side of retail regulation and commercial purchase. i was hoping to make the jump over but there really isn't that much room on that side it's all really dry regulatory work.

they call it the sask weed pool lol. play on the old sask wheat pool name. give it a google.

that's a big part of the reason home grow is restricted to the plant limit. if you grow legally, you'll stay under the amounts typically grown in grey or black market production and won't generate sustainable income.

it's also why legal home grow is restricted to folk who own a single family residence and do not rent. it limits liabilities and handcuffs the majority of the population to purchasing commercial legal product, not growing.

similar restrictions are in place for home brewing, vintners, and alcohol. if you read the different legislation, you'd be surprised how similar it is written.

there already facebook groups and other local collectives that are organizing as compassion providers, or hobbyists, similar to what you find in local brewing clubs. it takes a lot of organization and commitment to bring it up to the the levels you suggest, but it's not impossible by any stretch.

one of the biggest losses in rolling out legal has been the loss of med based legal growers. we ran a legal 200 plant med-based grow for around a decade or better pre-legal. it was exactly the type of grow where your idea of a craft cannabis grow would be in the current market place.

legal wiped it out completely.

it destroyed our licensing and forced 100% of our clients into the commercial market. it also totally wiped out our med-based gene stock and destroyed entire lines of med-based products, many of which were topicals or other non-psychoactive applications.

most of the folk we helped have not been able to replace what we provided even today years later. legal has wiped out med based folk almost entirely.
Once again totally agree with ya we should have kept cannabis decriminalized and not legalized it and kept the medical cultivar market sperate from the rec market. .. Bluter you I should head to the capital to start the Canadian cannabis revolution! 👊 lol

Bluter you I should head to the capital to start the Canadian cannabis revolution! 👊 lol
it showed up and went without me lol :p

truthfully i don't think we can "revolutionize", as much as figure out how to plant something that can grow beautifully from the shit pie they handed us ..

you know ... stuff we do from what we learned :cheesygrinsmiley:

Cannabis legalization in Canada " The Shit Pile" works for me. Here's a Black Cerry Gelato fresh from the pile:laughtwo:

20240103_171416.jpg

Back
Top Bottom