Questions On Use of GLNs Sweet Candy

CBD BudMan

Hello all,

After reading some posts here and there by @Emilya Green using GLNs Sweet Candy, I reached out to her about it. Here's what she has shared with me so far:

CBDbud:
"I've seen (somewhere 'round here) that you have used something called Sweet Candy and I'd like to know more about it from your perspective since I know that you only grow in organic living soil. I have more questions about this but I'll give you a chance to respond 1st.
Thank you for your time... :smokin: "

Emilya Green:
"Yes, I use it because Geoflora admits to being a little light in K all through the grow, and I have seen indications that P is also a little lacking in a large plant. Geoflora themselves recommend giving Terpinator all through the grow and Massive at the end.

I own about 5 gallons of Terpinator still from winning so many contests and I didn't like the Massive price tag of the Massive product. I was looking for an alternative and Sweet Candy from GLN fit the bill. First, it is both a P and K supplement, a quite strong one at that. Second, it is powder, so I don't have to pay for shipping water. Third, a bag of it lasts forever so it is very very economical. 4th, its name describes that it includes natural sugar, or molasses, a known good additive at the end of bloom. 5th, it contains vitamins carbs and amino acids, just to fill in any gaps that might be in your soil. Out of all the products that GLN makes, including Mega Crop, I consider the Sweet Candy to be their one home run and I will use it as my finishing supplement for the foreseeable future.

I see this confuses you... why would I run this unnatural very manufactured product in an organic garden? There is nothing in there that is so artificial that the plants, soil and/or microbes can't use. There is nothing harmful to life in this product. It is not mainlining bioavailable nutes directly into the plant bypassing the microbes, it is supplying raw nutrient and building blocks for the microbes to process and use, and nutrients to help keep the soil rhizosphere alive and healthy. While it may not be considered OMRI organic in some places, that does not make it incompatible to an organic grow. An organic grow can use a few synthetic components, as long as it doesn't interfere with the microbes and the work they do. That for me is the true meaning of an organic grow after all, its not what is in there, the medium or anything else that defines it to be an organic grow, it is simply the fact that the microbes and the soil web are feeding the plant, not the gardener. Sweet Candy qualifies under this definition."

@Emilya Green do you still feel that Terpinator is necessary or is Sweet candy enough? Also, I see different NPK numbers on the pics of different size bags, both on their site and on Amazon. Do you know what the NPK numbers are currently?

Thanx in advance... :smokin:

@Emilya Green do you still feel that Terpinator is necessary or is Sweet candy enough? Also, I see different NPK numbers on the pics of different size bags, both on their site and on Amazon. Do you know what the NPK numbers are currently?

Thanx in advance... :smokin:
I still use Terpinator during veg. SC has P that isn't so necessary during this phase, so I don't kick in with the SC until bloom. At that point I could stop giving Terpinator, but I did keep running about 16ml/gal all through just because I could.

This is one of the major criticisms about GLN... they keep changing their mixes. They recently added more P to the mix. My bag is labeled 0-17-28

I still use Terpinator during veg. SC has P that isn't so necessary during this phase, so I don't kick in with the SC until bloom. At that point I could stop giving Terpinator, but I did keep running about 16ml/gal all through just because I could.

This is one of the major criticisms about GLN... they keep changing their mixes. They recently added more P to the mix. My bag is labeled 0-17-28
Thank you @Emilya Green for taking the time as I know you're a busy person.
I have more Q's,

I take it that you don't have to ph SC?
Am I correct in assuming SC is mixed with water?
How often do you use it?
How big of a difference does it make?
What are the differences in terpenes, trichomes, THC levels, CBE levels, other cannabinoids?
What about the color of the buds?
Finally, are there any down sides in using SC or things to look out for?

I just got an E-mail reply from the company and they stated that the 25 lb bag is 0-27-27. So, I'm going to be ordering soon.

I look forward to your replies... :smokin:

Thank you @Emilya Green for taking the time as I know you're a busy person.
I have more Q's,

I take it that you don't have to ph SC?
Am I correct in assuming SC is mixed with water?
How often do you use it?
How big of a difference does it make?
What are the differences in terpenes, trichomes, THC levels, CBE levels, other cannabinoids?
What about the color of the buds?
Finally, are there any down sides in using SC or things to look out for?

I just got an E-mail reply from the company and they stated that the 25 lb bag is 0-27-27. So, I'm going to be ordering soon.

I look forward to your replies... :smokin:
Never too busy to answer questions

I don't worry about pH. My grows are organic, and the microbes don't care, the plants don't care and the soil can't think for itself. I haven't checked the pH of anything for several years.

Yes, I mix one scoop of SC in 5gal of water and 80ml of Terpinator. I use this every time I water in bloom, either to the reservoir or top watering.

I think it makes a noticeable difference in everything, but I have never done a side by side proving this. I just feel that when I started using SC quality went up and I stopped seeing any signs of P deficiency in late bloom.

I have not noticed any negatives from using SC

You are getting the latest version of SC at 0-27-27 This seems to be a good mix and I compare it to Purpinator, without the water of course.

Never too busy to answer questions

I don't worry about pH. My grows are organic, and the microbes don't care, the plants don't care and the soil can't think for itself. I haven't checked the pH of anything for several years.

Yes, I mix one scoop of SC in 5gal of water and 80ml of Terpinator. I use this every time I water in bloom, either to the reservoir or top watering.

I think it makes a noticeable difference in everything, but I have never done a side by side proving this. I just feel that when I started using SC quality went up and I stopped seeing any signs of P deficiency in late bloom.

I have not noticed any negatives from using SC

You are getting the latest version of SC at 0-27-27 This seems to be a good mix and I compare it to Purpinator, without the water of course.
Thank you @Emilya Green

With these numbers of 0-27-27, would you still buy and use Terpinator if you were me, since SC compares to Purpinator?

Thanx... :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom