Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

I'm freaking out. Luckily, I'm also extraordinarily lifted so there is some balance. Your plants are strong! You have focussed the energies of vessel and contents to the point of bursting. Fiat dominarum! I think you were wise to introduce the new light gradually.
You will reap what you have sown.
RLTW (which in this case might mean Rado Leads the Way)

I'm freaking out. Luckily, I'm also extraordinarily lifted so there is some balance. Your plants are strong! You have focussed the energies of vessel and contents to the point of bursting. Fiat dominarum! I think you were wise to introduce the new light gradually.
You will reap what you have sown.
RLTW (which in this case might mean Rado Leads the Way)

You are the one who grows with vision Ranger275 !
My growing mantra is "Let nature do it her way :love:"

I have artificial lights, artificial pots, and an unusual perlite textured indoor streambank, but
it's still a natural way to grow :) .

Today, I purchased a bubbler type pipe made by Fish Bowl Glass in the nearby state of Rhode Island.

The inaugural smoke was passed around : we smoked multiple bowls, at least 5 laps.

This smokes awesome. The neck provides all important beard clearance. The person-to-person pass is effortless, requiring no fore-thought.
The carb has an excellent clear, and effectively modulates a thick, smooth, milkable draw which is visually worthy of a video.

I am looking forward to the inaugural outdoors smoke, which will probably be tomorrow by my wife as she medicates in the garden.

In the shop

20150515_170913-1.jpg

In the basement smoke room

20150515_190400-2.jpg

Featuring my wife's homemade hempwick dispenser (assembly deaux)

20150515_190419-2.jpg

I'm very pleased with my low priced 'Walk-in-the-Woods' bubbler.
Her name may be Leilani for the spirit of Hawaiian Skunk flowering nearby, or a goldfish name (i'a 'ula'ula is reportedly "goldfish" in Hawaiian - but how would I say that?) :slide: We'll see. :)

I am recreationally enhanced 5 hours later :bongrip:

Plant update: repotting day

First the overview

Various clones and seedlings in the early veg area. Worm trays under the fan to the left, my favorite garden room chair to the right

20150516_135601-1.jpg

Blessed thistle in front are destined for the outdoors

20150516_135612.jpg

Late veg SWICK: Two 16" Breeder mystery seeds on the right. Three newly repotted 7-10" girls on the left

20150516_145516-1.jpg

Flowering room: No sex differentiation after 3 days of 12/12. Three of the 1 year old toddler clones tucked around the edges of the younger girls.

20150516_151529-1.jpg

Repotting with Rhizo Boost

20150516_110211-1.jpg

Repotted into 1 part aged and 3 parts fresh mixed Clackamus Coot style soil

20150516_135649-1.jpg

Feminized AK47 "Gabby"

20150516_135941-1.jpg

Breeder mystery seed "Salome" - looking Indica dominant

20150516_145220-1.jpg

Feminized Borderline "Bowie" - destined by name to become my daughter's favorite strain

20150516_140009.jpg

They all look great and I am sure they will be happy in their new homes.

I really like the name tags. Very nice!

:bravo:

Looking good. :high-five: You have to be pleased at this point. Don't you love the way that soil feels? Maybe it's just me, but I sense an energy in mine.

I ordered 3 more 7 gallon GeoPots. I have the nutrients and rock dust for 20 more gallons of soil, so this should use up my final mix.
This will bring my fabric pot total to 11 (8 ten gallon and 3 seven gallon)

Since I will be reusing the soil, 11 large pots allows a rotation of 4, 4, & 3 pots for late veg, first month flower, & final flower in a perpetual cycle.8 plants is a good fit for my flowering room. The numbers aren't perfect, but with unsexed seeds, the pattern is never perfect anyway :)

8 oz every 4-6 weeks brings the grow into an abundance where oil, butter and salves are practical options.

Not having to purchase medical marijuana on the black market frees up cash for seeds so that we can finally search for the most pleasing strains.

I know, I know. I'm counting my buds before the plants are sexed. But it's a relief to finally have cannabis in flower again (first flower started last May.)

- - -

My biggest grow concerns are getting set up for neem oil foliar sprays, and watering seeds and seedlings. I will follow Doc Bud's advice (on another thread) and wait for seedlings in one gallon pots to actually start wilting before watering.

- - -

My flowering room swick dumped a couple of gallons on the floor. I don'y know if it was a direct leak, or wicking action on the curtain that light seals the door. I water tested before adding plants and have been walking on this tray for over a year. The leak caught me by surprise.

No definitive sex on the three seeds, but Hani and Giselle look like thay are forming feminine tassels. Lailani looks like she might be growing balls. Probably at least 3 days before we know.

- - -

Blessed thistle are out of the veg area and 'hardening off' on the back porch with a safety spot indoors.

- - -

I planted 5 types of outdoor herb seeds in the 5 pots in late veg. Heb seedlings should be of a transplant size before flowering completes, if not they will go back to the veg area with new marijuana plants until they are ready :)

- - -

Worms got their fourth and final tray started with cow manure, brown paper, rock dust, brown leaves, and apple cores. I don'y know if the manure will be too hot, but if they don't like it, they don't have to move in!

- - -

I enjoyed typing the - - - between paragraphs. It remonds me of Herb Caen in the old San Francisco Chronicle and Examiner :)

I ordered 3 more 7 gallon GeoPots. I have the nutrients and rock dust for 20 more gallons of soil, so this should use up my final mix.
This will bring my fabric pot total to 11 (8 ten gallon and 3 seven gallon)

Eleven no-tills. I'm mighty impressed Rad.

Since I will be reusing the soil, 11 large pots allows a rotation of 4, 4, & 3 pots for late veg, first month flower, & final flower in a perpetual cycle.8 plants is a good fit for my flowering room. The numbers aren't perfect, but with unsexed seeds, the pattern is never perfect anyway :)

I get excited with all these perpetual gardens getting started.

8 oz every 4-6 weeks brings the grow into an abundance where oil, butter and salves are practical options.

Not having to purchase medical marijuana on the black market frees up cash for seeds so that we can finally search for the most pleasing strains.

And this would be why.

- - -

My biggest grow concerns are getting set up for neem oil foliar sprays, and watering seeds and seedlings. I will follow Doc Bud's advice (on another thread) and wait for seedlings in one gallon pots to actually start wilting before watering.

Smart thinking.
- - -

My flowering room swick dumped a couple of gallons on the floor. I don'y know if it was a direct leak, or wicking action on the curtain that light seals the door. I water tested before adding plants and have been walking on this tray for over a year. The leak caught me by surprise.

Those are some serious trays. I'd be surprised if it was a leak. Your suspicions about it wicking out may be correct.
- - -

I enjoyed typing the - - - between paragraphs. It remonds me of Herb Caen in the old San Francisco Chronicle and Examiner :)

You're so funny. :laughtwo:

SHOW US YOUR MONEYMAKER !!!!

It's first sexing day in the flowering room.

Hani, the smaller and less branched version of Hawaiian Skunk, presents as splendidly female.

20150519_122552-11.jpg

Leilani, larger and more trained of the Hawaiian Skunk, looks pretty darn male to me.

20150519_122717-11.jpg

Giselle, the largest girl in the basement, an amsterdam breeder free seed, she of the citrus aromas, is probaby female.

20150519_125137-11.jpg

Hani and Giselle have healthy looking clones started. (So does Leilani, but it doesn't look like we will need them.)

20150519_123557-11.jpg

Hani's clones will go into the ground as soon as I mix up soil (probably today.)

20150519_123455-11.jpg

Too bad about Leilani but at least you caught it before any pollinating could be done. :goodjob:

I'll leave Leilani in the tent a couple more days, it's not that urgent.

Right now I have an abundance of plants, so a male doesn't hurt. I expect a few more males this summer.
My current genetics include 8 known females (two White Widow, two Caramelicious, one Hawaiian Skunk, one breeder free seed, one Borderline, and one AK47) and 5 unsexed (possibly male) breeder free seeds. There are 5 named strains, all from the same (unexceptional but reliable) breeder.

I would like to replace some of the genetics with another breeders seeds, and would like to grow a couple of CBD heavy seeds.
Deciding which strain and individual to drop will be difficult. If I can get a consistent quality of high the decision will be easier.
Then again, If I vary the trichome colors at harvest, we may not miss the many varieties of green market Medical Marijuana as much :)

I hope their Skunk, AK47 and Borderline show more variety (in taste and effect) than found between their White Widow and Caramelicious.
Variety is a spice of life :)

I'll leave Leilani in the tent a couple more days, it's not that urgent.

Right now I have an abundance of plants, so a male doesn't hurt. I expect a few more males this summer.
My current genetics include 8 known females (two White Widow, two Caramelicious, one Hawaiian Skunk, one breeder free seed, one Borderline, and one AK47) and 5 unsexed (possibly male) breeder free seeds. There are 5 named strains, all from the same (unexceptional but reliable) breeder.

I would like to replace some of the genetics with another breeders seeds, and would like to grow a couple of CBD heavy seeds.
Deciding which strain and individual to drop will be difficult. If I can get a consistent quality of high the decision will be easier.
Then again, If I vary the trichome colors at harvest, we may not miss the many varieties of green market Medical Marijuana as much :)

I hope their Skunk, AK47 and Borderline show more variety (in taste and effect) than found between their White Widow and Caramelicious.
Variety is a spice of life :)

Agreed Rad. Hence my leap into mini perpetual. I have many challenges to get under control, but isn't that half the fun? We're both chasing the same dream - variety with enough yield to allow serious and continuous playing with edibles.

Agreed Rad. Hence my leap into mini perpetual. I have many challenges to get under control, but isn't that half the fun? We're both chasing the same dream - variety with enough yield to allow serious and continuous playing with edibles.

Thanks for being a devoted follower, SweetSue. I love having you here, and visiting with you on other journals.

Our canna cookbook has been sitting on the shelf waiting for the next harvest since winter started - disgraceful ! :)

Back
Top Bottom