Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

Crying shame about the cookbook, Rado. Unless I'm badly mistaken, you'll be revving up the recipes soon enough.

Plz tell Mrs. Rado that her wick dispenser is the bee's knees. She's pulled together some disparate elements in a very pleasing way. Tell me, are those wicks as good as they say?

Mrs Rado went to decorating extremes on this dispenser project, as most.

The little books have titles. The holes for the stick have brass findings sold for flashy horse bridles. The grotesques (technically not gargoyles) have jeweled eyes in slightly unsettling rhinestone colors. Etc.

- - -

Re: hempwick, the burn is noticeably cooler than a butane lighter. It pays for itself in reduced lighter fuel and lighter replacements. .

Taking visitors into account, wick usage is about 50 / 50 for waterpipe bowls, near 100% for spoons, short water pipes, and steamrollers. It's about how cool you want your smoke.

No-one uses hemp wick to light joints or blunts.

Lighting keef with butane is grounds for social ostracism.!!

About one person in 3 puts out the wick when passing, but those are the same ones who savour their exhale before passing the pipe.

I like the fact that I don't singe my fingers with a hemp wick when cornering a bowl.

Hemp wick is hard to use outdoors in the wind.

Tonight was a real circle of life theme

Big Bertha is the biggest plant in late veg, so I took two clones and started them in the clone dome.
Extra leaves went into the worm bins.
I took four clones out of the clone dome and put them in one gallon pots with fresh mixed soil.

Leilani was a boy, so I trimmed the leaves into the worm bins. Trimmed trunk sent outside into the ferns. Roots stayed in the soil.
Bellatrix, a white widow clone, was planted in the freshly emptied pot.
Worms and worm poop were moved from the worm bin onto the top layer of the pot.

late veg--> clone dome -> early veg
leaves ->worm bins
early veg+flower pot+worms--> late veg (....>flower...> worm bins + early veg-->late veg... )

The perpetual flow is beginning ....

Late Veg. The little plants are gently shaped and trained

20150520_192412.jpg

Late Veg. Big Bertha has clones taken and her excess little leaves cleaned up

20150520_192313-1.jpg

Flower. Lailani is boy. His time of growing comes to an end.

20150520_192635-1.jpg

Lailant at 28" - was the middle sized plant in the flowering room

20150520_193107-1.jpg

Trimming leaves off the boy plant

20150520_195419-1.jpg

Leaves go into the worm bins

20150520_194613-1.jpg

20150520_195144-1.jpg

20150520_195138-1.jpg

20150520_195525-1.jpg

Plant selected from early veg (Front left - White Widow Bellatrix C2 - Finally! a clone headed into late veg)

20150520_192256-1.jpg

Dusted the roots with myco powder. The stump of Lailani is visible below the root ball

20150520_201053-2.jpg

White Widow Bellatrix in her new pot .Soil topped with a layer of worm bin extract.

20150520_213443.jpg

The late veg swick is full again. (Unsexed: three breeder seedlings. Females: Borderline and AK47 seedling, White Widow clone.)

20150520_213121.jpg

White Widow Bellatrix C2 is a clonal granddaughter of Bellatrix from my first (and only) harvest.
The original Bellatrix went into the flower room last May.
It is a real sense of accomplishment to have one of my clones return from the brink of death into her final pot.
The path to summer harvests is finally open. :)

Gosh and here I thought my two plants were getting to be a lot to take of. haha Id be chasing my tail all the time with that many plants and that many stages.

They all look great, so its plain you know what you are doing. :thumb:

Yes! (Fist bump)

Absolutely beautiful update. The dramatic energy of the photos did not go unnoticed. Reps for sheer artistry.

Gosh and here I thought my two plants were getting to be a lot to take of. haha Id be chasing my tail all the time with that many plants and that many stages.

They all look great, so its plain you know what you are doing. :thumb:

The bigger girls do look great! The soil plus the SWICK make all the difference :thumb:

I will accept that, in the moment, the grow is going well.

As for knowing what I am doing, I'm still firmly in the "fake it 'til you make it" stage. :)

One harvest in 16 months of growing is a D student. Maybe D+ because it was a good harvest :)

I love that a worm immediately started crawling for the first leaf I placed :love:
I'll have to watch for how soon they start eating the fresh leaves.

20150520_195138-1.jpg

I think yall should know, nowadays when I see worms, I think of yall. haha

Weve been getting huge amounts of rain recently and a couple weekends ago, I went to my sons wedding reception. It had just gotten done raining and the parking lot was pretty much a flash flood and I saw an earthworm float past my feet and I thought of you guys. lol

I think yall should know, nowadays when I see worms, I think of yall. haha

Weve been getting huge amounts of rain recently and a couple weekends ago, I went to my sons wedding reception. It had just gotten done raining and the parking lot was pretty much a flash flood and I saw an earthworm float past my feet and I thought of you guys. lol

You know that little voice of an addiction.
"Hey buddy, smoke another cigarette. You know you want to. Life is much better when you smoke. People your age don't get lung cancer. It's just tobacco."

Marijuana is less addictive than gardening :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol...Thats funny Radogast.

I can stop...if I want to! I can!

You know that little voice of an addiction.
"Hey buddy, smoke another cigarette. You know you want to. Life is much better when you smoke. People your age don't get lung cancer. It's just tobacco."

Marijuana is less addictive than gardening :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm for sure way more addicted to growing than anything it's overwhelming

Good evening rad

Good evening sir.

I had a nice day today.

Except for grocery shopping,washing cherries and dicing two pineapples (done by 9:30 AM) - my entire day was mixing potting soil, planting, gardening and a couple small fixit jobs around the house. I had almost no plan and lots of things got done !! I think the green sativa dankness around noon jump started my energy output.

This was the first weekend this year with full leaves on the trees and me feeling in full health.

Tomorrow is schedued for more of the same, except I will start at the hardware store instead of the grocery store :)

A nice size on those plants Rad. It's so exciting to watch you begin to work your magic again and I'm so thrilled to watch in real time. I think the Coast of Maine compost is serving you very well in your soil mix. These look so unbelievably luscious. :high-five:

A nice size on those plants Rad. It's so exciting to watch you begin to work your magic again and I'm so thrilled to watch in real time. I think the Coast of Maine compost is serving you very well in your soil mix. These look so unbelievably luscious. :high-five:

Yesterday, I had the boy pick up some more bags of Coast of Maine Lobstah Compost at a Boston area fruit and flower market.
:green_heart:

I spent weeks trying to get compost in Winter - don't want to do that again.
:oops:

I now have a projected year's supply of compost and perlite.
Peat moss is available year round at the hydro store, so my indoor soil supplies are good
:allgood:

The compost is great. The SWICK is what makes it work. Not watering is what works best for me
:circle-of-love:

That SWICK system coupled with the soil mix is what made my initial grow the exciting journey it ended up. As soon as I set up the SWICKs the plants exploded in growth and oozed health. I would have killed them without the SWICK. I like the way you went all in. Kinda your way, isn't it? :love:

That SWICK system coupled with the soil mix is what made my initial grow the exciting journey it ended up. As soon as I set up the SWICKs the plants exploded in growth and oozed health. I would have killed them without the SWICK. I like the way you went all in. Kinda your way, isn't it? :love:

Actually. I'm not an all in kind of guy, except in love.

I do like to have everything setup in an effortless manner.

I used to have a self cleaning in ground pool. The water level was automatically refilled with a toilet float. When I became tired of chlorine tablets and chlorine generating salt tanks, I changed to a salt water pool and chlorinated the salt solution with electricity. A truly effortless swimming pool. All I really did was backwash the water filter 2 or 3 times per month, add a bag of salt at the start of the season, and adjust the chlorine intensity twice a year :)

I'm a low effort kind of guy !

Back
Top Bottom