Radogast 2 - Return of the Clones

WTH? I blinked and these girls all grew up! They're doing right nice Rad. Such gorgeous leaves. I want to see how many bud sites Hani ends up with.

Thanks for the encouragement , SweetSue and bobrown14. :)

I spent extra hours in the indoor garden this last week. With the low foliage clean up, I can take a breath and start planning, documenting, and gathering ingredients for my foliar and tea schedule.

I love how, so far, the soil mix is feeding all the girls what they need when they need it. Nature is awesome. :green_heart::circle-of-love:

That is one monster leaf. :high-five:

Fantastic looking garden, very well done.

There are several nine point, 7+" leaves on both plants in flower (measured from the central axis of the leaves to the central point.)
These are the first ones I've watched grow where the fan leaves stick out a long way from the stalk - Sativa like :)

I chose that leaf because it had fat points that would show the color best - I didn't notice the spilled pistils until I posted.

20150528_205715-1.jpg

There are several nine point, 7+" leaves on both plants in flower (measured from the central axis of the leaves to the central point.)
These are the first ones I've watched grow where the fan leaves stick out a long way from the stalk - Sativa like :)

I chose that leaf because it had fat points that would show the color best - I didn't notice the spilled pistils until I posted.

20150528_205715-1.jpg

I didn't notice until you pointed them out. Haha! So we've determined that my observational skills have slipped recently. Better do something about that. :laughtwo:

Good luck with that runaway Giselle.

I didn't notice until you pointed them out. Haha! So we've determined that my observational skills have slipped recently. Better do something about that. :laughtwo:

Good luck with that runaway Giselle.

How can you observe- the photo is fuzzy !!!

I've got another potential runaway coming up in Big Bertha. She is a robust, monster-cropped, 20-incher: a broad-shouldered girl for her age.
I'm setting the veg limit at 25" just in case she wants over 20" in flower like Giselle.

If I get near the limit, I can replace my hangers with an S-hook. It's worth it if I need the last 4 inches during flower. :)

How can you observe- the photo is fuzzy !!!

I've got another potential runaway coming up in Big Bertha. She is a robust, monster-cropped, 20-incher: a broad-shouldered girl for her age.
I'm setting the veg limit at 25" just in case she wants over 20" in flower like Giselle.

If I get near the limit, I can replace my hangers with an S-hook. It's worth it if I need the last 4 inches during flower. :)

I'm still on a learning curve with lighting, I'm afraid. Starting with CFLs and controlling them so well hasn't served me well with other types. I need to get the particulars under control somewhere along the way. I know I'll get it, it's just we're children accustomed to instant gratification, so I'm a bit impatient. :laughtwo:

Gabby Goes Octopus

I used the paper clips and ribbons LST technique described by Antics at Antics LSTwith paper clips and plastic pots - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Feminized AK47 Gabby revealed 8 branches she wants for flowering (alternating branches from nodes 3-9.) I lowered the top two branches (an opposing pair from being topped) down to 10.5". The 3 branches below that are held at 11". The next lower 3 branches aren't ready to be restrained yet. Way at the bottom of the plants are two small branches that will become clones when she heads into the flower room.

20150530_183410-1.jpg

Close-up of paper clips and ribbons.

20150530_182928.jpg

I may let the two top branches send off upward facing branches. The lower branches are allowed only leaves and flowers.

20150530_182911-1.jpg

Interesting Rad. Training is one of those things I've yet to try, so I appreciate your transparency as you train yours.

Nice touch that the ribbons are loaded with character. But of course. :high-five:

Interesting Rad. Training is one of those things I've yet to try, so I appreciate your transparency as you train yours.

Nice touch that the ribbons are loaded with character. But of course. :high-five:

My wife said pick one with a pattern --- I pulled 6 spools out of the ribbon box and these she was ready to part with :)

That green textured one would make a good hatband (though I tend to wear broader brimmed hats so I use wider ribbons.)

I considered the blood stained paper ribbon but it was too wide. Also I don't need a blood sacrifice to grow, these aren't roses :)

Your LSTs look great, Radogast. :blushsmile:

Want to hear something really strange Rad? I'm lost in music, headphones turned up fairly loud, as I study maintenance practices for No-till LOS, and suddenly I heard you post in my mind. When I turned and pulled up settings, there you were. Spooky. :laughtwo:

When I turned to the iPad I actually said "let's see what Rad posted". It freaked me to see you'd just done that. See? Strange. :love:

Want to hear something really strange Rad? I'm lost in music, headphones turned up fairly loud, as I study maintenance practices for No-till LOS, and suddenly I heard you post in my mind. When I turned and pulled up settings, there you were. Spooky. :laughtwo:

When I turned to the iPad I actually said "let's see what Rad posted". It freaked me to see you'd just done that. See? Strange. :love:

I took off my anti-spying ring when I showered this afternoon - so not as strange asit normally would be :)

Again, why am I not surprised? :laughtwo::love:

So I had a leak in the flowering room SWICK .

I shoveled out the empty side of the 4x8' room.

20150531_142036-1.jpg

I moved the plants over and shoveled out the other side of the 4x8' tray of perlite (several cu ft) looking for a leak.

20150531_142311-1.jpg

15 gals of water - no leak. 18 gals leak. Leak stops. 20 gals no leak. Replace 15 gallons of perlite as islands above the waterline, small short leak.
:scratchinghead:
no leak for hours - I can sleep now.
:sleep:
20150531_162345-1.jpg

I noticed Giselle, never turned, has developped a lean.

20150531_172013-1.jpg

20150531_172025-1.jpg

Giselle (4' tall) is packing on flowers. From this angle, 35 degrees, it looks like a canopy of flowers.

20150531_184509-1.jpg

Oooo, she's a pretty one.

So did you find where it was leaking from?

Oooo, she's a pretty one.

So did you find where it was leaking from?

I haven't found the leak. My best theory is that it was wicking up a piece of duct tape.

While finding the leak would be gratifying, stopping the leak while providing water is the real goal.
There is water in the tray, there is perlite above the waterline siting under the pots, with no leak for 3 hours (I just checked again.)
I'll call it a winning day. Not a big win, but better than a draw and much better than a failed grow during flowering. :)

Hawaiian Skunk 'Hani' in the flowering room is the featured plant tonight. She has been under 12/12 for 20 days and is an untrained 3 ft tall. She gets a touch shorted on light as she is next to Giselle who is 4 ft tall.

Hawaiian Skunk 'Hani'

20150601_195258-1.jpg

From above, she is clearly a single flowering "queen" stalk with a small court of ladies in waiting.

20150601_195249-1.jpg

What caught my eye is the trichomes forming on the sugar leaves adjacent to the small "cotton ball" flowers.

20150601_195238-1.jpg

I used a technique suggested by Cannafan and placed a loupe directly against my cell phone camera for a close-up picture

20150601_195238-2.jpg

Sorry for the HPS yellow photos. The flowering room girls had a stressful yesterday with removing the perlite from the SWICK, looking for a water leak, being moved, less intense light (farther away.) I decided not to stress them with switching off the HPS light to get more natural colors from a flash photo.

Back
Top Bottom