Rate my closet grow

Tokensmoke10

First of all this grow is to be pretty stealthy so I chose to use the closet in my room, sadly it's not a very big closet. My growbox is a big tuberware container purchased from Walmart for only 10 bucks. From the pictures you can also see I use 2 80mm CPU fans for intake and exhaust. Also, I'm experimenting with a 90w LED UFO alongside with 4 (maybe a couple more later) 23w, 1400 lumen CFL's.

sdasd.jpeg

growbox.jpeg

asdsad.jpeg

sfsdfsd.jpeg

Any advice or comments about my growbox would be great, yes that even means telling me what I may be doing wrong. Thanks guys. ;)

What a surprise grow box ! That took some real thinking. Inventive as hell.:surf:
Love the way you did the lights. Cool.
My only concern is hieght, there's not much room in there. Wonder if you could get another tub like the first one and cut the bottom out of it and stack it on top of the other one. Would give you twice the space. Just a thought. Don't know how much room you have in that small closet.
First rule of stealth. Lock the door.:Rasta:
Good luck my friend.:peace:

Honestly I don't know how you can grow anything in that tiny little space. That link that Guest420 provided shows a pretty nifty design, but a lot of work.

Your plants don't look healthy. Hard to tell from that pic, but you have some sort of deficiency going on. Also, I don't think you'll have enough light for flowering, but I don't know much about those LED lights.

Honestly I don't know how you can grow anything in that tiny little space. That link that Guest420 provided shows a pretty nifty design, but a lot of work.

Your plants don't look healthy. Hard to tell from that pic, but you have some sort of deficiency going on. Also, I don't think you'll have enough light for flowering, but I don't know much about those LED lights.

Ya, I have to admit it's not as tall as I thought it would be so it might be a little tough. It's obvious that the bigger plant in the background has already grown too big to be LST'd or anything but what that picture doesn't show is my other little plant that I am currently LST'ing, which should help with the height problem. Another thing is this is my first grow so I expect some problems like deficiencies, I'm working on balancing things out as we speak.

If you're thinking that I don't have enough light because the picture looks so dim, that's not the case. The reason it looks so dim is just because the lights are bright enough to make everything else look dim, plus it was the camera from my phone so not the best quality of picture taking. And yes I am expirimenting with a 90w LED with 2 to 3 ratio of red to blue so we'll see how that goes.

But honestly, this is the only time Ill use this grow box because after looking and reading other stealthy grow boxes I've decided to do perpetual PC grow box (1 for veg and 1 for flower). Of coarse I'll have to do some LST and maybe along with supercropping, but I'm pretty sure it'll work.

Finally, thanks for all the input guys!:thanks:

Understood. What kind of lumens does your LED light produce?

You might also consider scrogging, but man it just doesn't look like very much space. I think if I were you I'd really consider cutting up another bucket and putting it on top and moving your light lid up as your plants grow.

great looking setup so far. You can most likely get away with LSTing the plant in the back so that you will get a fat, wide and short plant rather than a skinny and short plant that will not produce much. So far so good. Keep us updated with what is going on. good luck

once your done with this grow, try to reveg the plant to get some clones for the pc's.
i have the same plan in mind once my grow is finished.
i have two tubs that also came from wally world along with a smaller one on top to hold all the wires and stuff so theres only one cord coming out of it.
i originally started with one tub and hoped to keep it that way, but i ended up cutting out the bottom and adding the second space along with trying to do some LST way too late, but she is still going and should be done soon, i hope.

I thought I might suggest a simpler lighting method to add additional lights, and reduce the wiring in your creative tub idea.

I mounted four (4) power strips (vertical) to each wall of this 18X22X14 computer box. I thought having the lights on a horizontal plane should provide more usable lighting, as opposed to having them hang vertically over the plant(s), thus reducing the light footprint. But I should have mounted the power strips horizontally to double the number of 42W CFL's from four (4) to eight (8). The power strips plug from one to another, the fourth being the only wire exiting the light box.

I'm currently building a new light box from white 1/2 foam board, increasing the size to 21X21X15, and will be mounting the power strips horizontally like I should have the first time.

Hope this helps.

box01.JPG

box03.JPG

I thought I might suggest a simpler lighting method to add additional lights, and reduce the wiring in your creative tub idea.

I mounted four (4) power strips (vertical) to each wall of this 18X22X14 computer box. I thought having the lights on a horizontal plane should provide more usable lighting, as opposed to having them hang vertically over the plant(s), thus reducing the light footprint. But I should have mounted the power strips horizontally to double the number of 42W CFL's from four (4) to eight (8). The power strips plug from one to another, the fourth being the only wire exiting the light box.

I'm currently building a new light box from white 1/2 foam board, increasing the size to 21X21X15, and will be mounting the power strips horizontally like I should have the first time.

Hope this helps.

box01.JPG

box03.JPG
You cheated! You added the pipe up top for a little more visual pleasure lmao...

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom