Re-vegging after harvest new growth in 12 days

I agree 100%. It seems like a re-vegged plant would make a great mother plant. I could have taken 20 clones from each of these and they wouldn't have even noticed. I think it would actually help them. They are to dense for their own good.

20170702_152254.jpg

Below is a good photo showing how much was left on the plants. And dont worry about losing the bud left on the plant, it can still be harvested later. I plucked some of the old stuff off a couple weeks ago and it was suprisingly still pretty good. And the plant quit feeding the old buds long before so they were actually dry enough to stick directly into a bowl and be smoked. As far as the flush i did my normal 1 week flush, and didnt give the plants nutrients again till about 3 weeks after harvest day. And thanks for the compliments Anna! I would love to see your first grow, do you currently have a grow journal on it?

20170407_183044.jpg

Thanks so much for that information about re-growing. What a fascinating species of plant this is! And I also love your Scrog set -up.
Unfortunately, I'm not as DIY savvy as you clearly are. I was saying to someone the other day that my Grow set-up has a lot of pure
'Becky-Home Eccy' components..e.g. a USB cord to hang an exhaust fan, a light suspended on a coat-hanger etc.
And I'm not at journal stage yet but hopefully in the future. I'll post a pic or two soon - if you don't mind, as I'd love to get a few suggestions/advice from you? Thanks again, Dooski.
P.S. That 'esky' post made me laugh, too....as I'm also an Aussie (and Esky owner!)

And i had never heard the word "esky" before and had to look it up. You must be Australian. That's awesome! I would love to vist there one day.

Nah, not an Aussie, but I did pick up the term esky while visiting there. It's certainly a great place to visit, but I missed the lush green of Europe.

Thanks so much for that information about re-growing. What a fascinating species of plant this is! And I also love your Scrog set -up.
Unfortunately, I'm not as DIY savvy as you clearly are. I was saying to someone the other day that my Grow set-up has a lot of pure
'Becky-Home Eccy' components..e.g. a USB cord to hang an exhaust fan, a light suspended on a coat-hanger etc.
And I'm not at journal stage yet but hopefully in the future. I'll post a pic or two soon - if you don't mind, as I'd love to get a few suggestions/advice from you? Thanks again, Dooski.
P.S. That 'esky' post made me laugh, too....as I'm also an Aussie (and Esky owner!)

I cut my plant a lot smaller than that and just left half a dozen or so small buds on and branches no longer than 6 inches. When it comes to revegging, as long as you some growth left on the plant, you should be good to go. I purposely cut it so small as it will only have about one square foot of space to itself and will make up part of a SOG with a total of 8 plants in a 4' X 4' (1.2m x 1.2m) tent. The number of plants and the limited tent size is why I have to flip next week even though the monster cropped clones are so small. I'll probably only get an ounce or two from both the monster cropped clones in total, but the others will more than compensate for that. I expect to yield a minimum of a pound total.

Hey everybody!
Just wanted to give a quick update and some photos. Everything seems to be going along well. 1 plant does seem to have a slight deficiency but its no biggie. Overall the colas do seem to be a bit smaller but last run there was more light and the plants had less colas to support so they are probably right where they should be. But they do also seem to be behind schedule vs the last amount of time in flower. Also i recently put together a water bubbler/circulator made with a little pump and a 8 gallon trash can. I made it to help try and get some of the unwanted chemicals removed from the water. Hopefully it should help get the plants a little bit better quality water.

Pics from today. Day 55 of re-flower.

20170714_160053.jpg
20170714_160027.jpg
20170714_155900.jpg
20170714_160308.jpg
20170714_155827.jpg
20170716_191215.jpg
20170716_191128.jpg
20170716_193928.jpg

Great looking buds you got happening there Dudeski!

Here's mine at day 10 from flip. The reveg is back left and the soil is back right. The DWCs are definitely outdoing the soil now.

WIN_20170717_20_26_02_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170717_20_26_40_Pro.jpg
WIN_20170717_20_26_23_Pro.jpg

They look awesome, Dooski!! I definitely need to Scrog my GrowNumberTwo. But GrowNumberThree is probably gonna be GrowNumberOne re-vegged then re-flowered - having seen your great success! Respect.

Thanks Anna!
Those pics you posted in the Aussie thread are absolutely amazing:thumb: You act very modest for having some girls like that hidden away....

Great looking buds you got happening there Dudeski!

Here's mine at day 10 from flip. The reveg is back left and the soil is back right. The DWCs are definitely outdoing the soil now.

Dang green those look great! Your leaves look like they got alot bigger on yours. I bet the buds turn out the same way. Great work brother:high-five:

Cheers Dudeski,

it's amazing what a difference a couple of weeks can make. The revegging mother has a shit load of branches and budding sites, but I suspect the buds won't be quite as big as the original. They would be a lot bigger had I let them reveg for a bit longer, but the others couldn't wait.

The monster cropped clones are also doing a lot better than I thought and will probably also yield more than I thought due to the density of the WWXBB buds.

Now I have the two lights on bloom the temps have gone up slightly, but still sitting between 27 and 28 C during lights on, however they still sit below 20 C during lights off. As such, I will need to keep an eye on the res temperatures during lights on especially as I've kept the reservoirs at a much lower nutrient level on this grow compared to my last grow.

All in all, I am very pleased with their progress and look forward to a sea of buds waving in the breeze.

Anabanana: I'm really quite new to this but... what a great Hobby!
How do I go about re flowering?, how do I go about doing that? Do you mind explaining it? Please! Cheers.

Revegging and reflowering are very simple. It's simply a matter of leaving a quantity of buds on the plant after harvest and switching to more than 12 hours of daylight until you are ready to flower and then drop it back to 12/12. I put mine onto a 24/7 light schedule until the new growth was well established and then cut it back to 19/5 for vegetative growth.

One thing I would highly recommend, and something you'll notice both Dudeski and I did, is to trim the root ball to encourage new root growth.

Re-Vegging Cannabis ("Monstercropping") | Grow Weed Easy
Here's a good link for revegging and monster cropping, both of which I've done with my current grow.

Dang green those look great! Your leaves look like they got alot bigger on yours. I bet the buds turn out the same way. Great work brother:high-five:
That's sweet of you, Dooski. But mine are not in the same league as yours. Not even close! But...the fact that my GrowNumberOne has gotten this far is a direct result of all the help, advice and support given to me by the amazing 420 community here. And I'm learning something everyday - thanks to you and the rest of the members who've gone to the trouble of documenting their grows in journals.
When my skills have improved (photography skills AND growing skills) I'll try creating a journal of my own!
Respect, Dooski.

Hey Dooski
I hope all's well with you & your amazing garden. Mine's not so good as I discovered most of my flowering girls have become hermies and seeded the others. I've cut most of the 16 down and isolated others. But I need to ask you a question - if I was to re-veg any of the hermie ones, would they become hermies again? I'm pretty certain it's not a case of hermaphroditism in the genes. More likely the stress of the tent ceiling collapsing and all 4 lights/2 exhausts/8 poles falling on them....twice. A bit devastating.
But some of the 5 gallon fabric pots are literally full of solid roots and have lovely thick stems. Should I give it a go, do you reckon?

It seems I over estimated the age; today is day 37 of flowering! And just look how she is doing! I pulled a fraction over 3 oz from the original and I reckon I'll easily outdo that with this one. And, just for a comparison, I've also included the clone in soil as a comparison and the immature buds are very different side by side. What a different lady she has been to rear, zero problems!

P10005205.JPG
P10005334.JPG

It seems I over estimated the age; today is day 37 of flowering! And just look how she is doing! I pulled a fraction over 3 oz from the original and I reckon I'll easily outdo that with this one. And, just for a comparison, I've also included the clone in soil as a comparison and the immature buds are very different side by side. What a different lady she has been to rear, zero problems!

P10005205.JPG
P10005334.JPG

e2a
I would recommend opening the pics in another tab and zooming in for a better look as they are quite high-res.

It's amazing what a difference a few days can make in the last weeks of flower.

Here is the reveg at day 41 of flowering, plus a comparison with the soil grow and a regular DWC clone.

P10005396.JPG

P10005406.JPG

P10005507.JPG

P100055211.JPG

And what a difference the flash makes
P10005525.JPG

And here's the soil grow for comparison
P10005547.JPG
P10005597.JPG
P10005633.JPG

And finally, a couple of bud shots of one of the regular DWC clones (both this and the soil plant are clones of the revegged mother.
P10005725.JPG

P10005735.JPG

I also have plants from a different plant, but the same pheno, however the nugs on this one were way denser and gave a better smoke both in taste and effect and also smelt better as well.

Back
Top Bottom