Re2al water

I have used a bottle and am now trying it on soil. It was sent to me by a vendor, so I can't advise you whether or not to invest in it.
I am using a potting ix this time and am quite pleased with their progress in 3 weeks

I have used a bottle and am now trying it on soil. It was sent to me by a vendor, so I can't advise you whether or not to invest in it.
I am using a potting ix this time and am quite pleased with their progress in 3 weeks

I looked into the product and my first thoughts are, ehhh, just another health and nutrition scam. They say that most tap water is under 7PH which I believe is incorrect. Most tap water to my understanding is around PH of 8-8.5. This water also has a high PH so I wouldn't recommend adding it to your plants. Best way to go for the best water would be to pick up a Reverse osmosis system with a D/I resin filter. This will pump out water at a near perfect PH of 7 (neutral) and 0ppm. You will spend a fortune buying that "special water" and with a high PH like that, even though it may work, I would just recommend regular r/o water.

They pretty much do the same thing with this special water... Its filtered through carbon, DI resin, reverse osmosis and UV treatment. Then they say they add their special "blend" of whatever which later they said is potassium and magnesium. If you are looking at it from a health perspective. You could get the same "high PH" water by getting some green coconut water and mixing it with distilled water.. Will give you the potassium, magnesium and high ph..

So you have one person who "read" about it and opined with only that knowledge and someone who is actually using it.
Who ya gonna call?

While it is more alkaline, it levels out, the emphasis is more on the electrochemically treated cathode water. If you are familiar with bioacoustics you may have read the studies being done on how plants communicate. (root clicks)
The emphasis with this water is on the function of aquaporins and regulating permeation of water across biological membranes via ORP-
or how root hydraulic conductivity, stomatal conductance and transpirational flux are improved when ORP is controlled
ORP = Oxidation reduction potential (Undiluted minimum value = 300 millivolts as measured by an ORP meter)

Yes, this is a little advanced. Don't worry, I'm a doctor.
If you must think inside the box, it's probably not for you...

So you have one person who "read" about it and opined with only that knowledge and someone who is actually using it.
Who ya gonna call?

While it is more alkaline, it levels out, the emphasis is more on the electrochemically treated cathode water. If you are familiar with bioacoustics you may have read the studies being done on how plants communicate. (root clicks)
The emphasis with this water is on the function of aquaporins and regulating permeation of water across biological membranes via ORP-
or how root hydraulic conductivity, stomatal conductance and transpirational flux are improved when ORP is controlled
ORP = Oxidation reduction potential (Undiluted minimum value = 300 millivolts as measured by an ORP meter)

Yes, this is a little advanced. Don't worry, I'm a doctor.
If you must think inside the box, it's probably not for you...

Well when you start growing the worlds largest buds, with the highest THC content, let me know. As for now I am happy with my Free R/O D/I water at 0ppm and a perfect ph of 7. And if I wanna increase the ORP...hmmm I guess a 80 cent bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide can do the same. BTW I don't appreciate your meek attempt to discredit my post, the original thread was about opinions on "real water" in which I gave, that is my opinion. You may have a different opinion, but don't knock mine! I respect all peoples opinions, whether I agree is another thing, but I never go and bash someone else because I may have a better understanding of something. If ya wanna help, then post some links to information so maybe people like me who like to learn and understand can share the same knowledge.

I wasn't discrediting, but you seem to need to be right and awfully proud of what you feel you have done- while depicting a sense of superiority, all of which was not unexpected. Welcome to the world of internet bravado.
Yippy skippy.

I still maintain my first point, I can not advise one to buy any thing, as what works for one may be different for another.

Check your ego at the door. When you're my age things like that are less important. If you want to learn, you might look up what I said, instead of asking for links while whining about me [allegedly] bashing you.
Only the "first sentence" referenced your opinion.

I wasn't discrediting, but you seem to need to be right and awfully proud of what you feel you have done- while depicting a sense of superiority, all of which was not unexpected. Welcome to the world of internet bravado.
Yippy skippy.

I still maintain my first point, I can not advise one to buy any thing, as what works for one may be different for another.

Check your ego at the door. When you're my age things like that are less important. If you want to learn, you might look up what I said, instead of asking for links while whining about me [allegedly] bashing you.
Only the "first sentence" referenced your opinion.

No Ego here my friend. When you directed your "in the box thinking" and "who ya going to call" statements toward my opinion, yes I feel your personal stabs weren't needed to justify your point and therefore I responded the way I did. (my apologies as I am not one to like controversy) No whining here, and I am not seeking free handouts of information, I am just asking to be considerate towards others opinions. As I look back at my original post, I accidentily quoted your post and not the original one so I can see where I may have come off being cocky or whatever, but I was intending on responding to the original post, and not yours, my mistake. I do my own research and am always open to more articles, abstracts or anything to quench my own thirst for understanding and knowledge (I am not lazy looking for handouts, perhaps you saved a great article that I didn't see yet that you would be willing to share). Anyways...truce. My apologies if I came off brash. I am an Aries and even though I try to be as humble and open minded as I can, I guess my astrology says self righteousness one of the unfortunate traits we possess. I guess I unintentionally broadcast it. Truce.

Overall it is a very interesting concept that I am going to research more. My initial reaction was to the website and its "marketing geared" information vs having any actual details on what the product is, why it works or any supporting studies relating to plants or proving it claims. Upon initial research I found many other websites contradicting what this "real water" website is stating therefore the product throws up red flags to me. I guess I am looking for more "evidence based" information which I have not found yet regarding this product and its claims, therefore at the current time I still believe it may work, but for me to spend over 2$ a bottle of it, not convincing enough for me to invest in.

I do find that ORP and the levels to be very interesting and in the research I have been doing I have found that water with High ORP is great for helping to rid plants of PM and pests, due to it causing cell death. I have a strong believe that delivering a higher oxygenated water to the roots also can be very beneficial to the plants but I also read that water with too high of a ORP can also kill off microlife which feeds the plant. I am still going to research this more because I do find that us growers rely heavily on PH of water, but ORP seems to be just as important. I also found that an ORP of 300 or under hosts anaerobic conditions and ORP of greater than 300 hosts aerobic conditions.

I haven't been on the page since my last post. I am doing quite well- I prefer not argue. I'm too old.
I will say that the water doesn't always bring a low ph solution to a more alkaline state- I have tried numerous times in the last few weeks.
We all have our own opinions, I certainly don't need accolades for what I have accomplished. I have used h2o2 many times as well.

It was a simple matter of one's opinion who is using the product- with my personal experience in mind, or one's opinion who has not used it, but read about it.
I have read similar discrepancies on hygrozyme. Some love it, some do not- I will likely heed the input of one who has used it.

There are so many products out there it's really pointless for me to personally opine with out hands on experience.
I've done research for decades on many subjects If my research is incongruent with my experience, I simply revisit subject matter.

peace

Back
Top Bottom