Redneck Ghetto Grow

The growth was excellent up until two days ago...now it has really slowed. I think the biggest problem was 1st- over-watering early, 2nd MG Organic time released nutes, and 3rd ph. I have started breaking ground and actually transplanted one earlier today to some of the soil from outside. Removed worms, etc. At this point not worrying about pests...soil looked clean under observation...so much as trying to neutralize the MG nutes. if that helps then I may be able to save them by using rain/stream water instead of tap.

If you think its nutes, go to store buy deionized water and give them a good flush. It will pull nutes from the soil. I dont think mine is nutes though as i have given none and the soil i used didn't come with any... other than what would be in dirt naturally.

Yes I think it is the soil. Even decent organic soil can be too hot for seedlings, they really want soil specifically made for seedlings. I learned the hard way too amigo.. Time release soil just compounds the problem as you add water to it.

I dont know about deionized water but ItsChrome could well be right and may be worth trying. If you can find any seedling soil anywhere its a worthwile investment as will last several grows as is only for the small pots. If you can possibly also get some of those clay balls and add a few to the bottom of the cup and have a few holes in the cup it can be quite difficult to overwater as it will drain very well.

Dirt from outside can be risky unless you know the soil, it can contain pests n stuff.

sorry dont know what else to suggest but good luck

Thanks 3lions. You have been great in trying to help. I am going to hold off on watering until they are begging and then transplant into some neutral soil. Would do it now but am afraid with the soil damp I will lose to much root structure trying to cut them out of the 20oz.(another mistake) bottles. I know one thing...If I end up saving these babies they had better bless me with at least one female!!! I don't care if I get a 1/4 oz. off of her, that will make it all worth while for my 1st grow. LOL!

Thanks 3lions. You have been great in trying to help. I am going to hold off on watering until they are begging and then transplant into some neutral soil. Would do it now but am afraid with the soil damp I will lose to much root structure trying to cut them out of the 20oz.(another mistake) bottles. I know one thing...If I end up saving these babies they had better bless me with at least one female!!! I don't care if I get a 1/4 oz. off of her, that will make it all worth while for my 1st grow. LOL!

At this age they are really at the mercy of their soil, definitely let them dry out...the nutes get released with water and if too much water then you get too much nutes too, especially for babies. Transplanting at this point unless it is to soil that breathes better is just one more stress on those poor little babies....

Not really sure what to say bro....if you get mg again...get perlite for sure and maybe a small bag of seed starter.

That would be my suggestion.

:peace: brother.

Remember dry feet are nice....

Hey, MH. Good to see you again brother! No, I will definitely not be getting MG again. I am going to sit them outside today and see if the warm air will speed their drying time. Am really thinking hard about the DWC thing. From others input I can get 'r done with CFL's, just won't get the yield that mh/hps would provide.

Hey, MH. Good to see you again brother! No, I will definitely not be getting MG again. I am going to sit them outside today and see if the warm air will speed their drying time. Am really thinking hard about the DWC thing. From others input I can get 'r done with CFL's, just won't get the yield that mh/hps would provide.

That is the general concensus, I run a mix of the two for canopy control.

You seen from my pics. My closet limits the shape of my light, a 400 would work in there, but only on a mover.

I hope your babies perk up...I think if you let them get dry and they fight their way through this start, they will be very hearty plants. Just careful how you water in that MG.

:peace:

Hey, Bud. All I can say is I did everything I could for them. The MG was just too hot for them right out of the gate. I have learned some valuable lessons from this attempt though, as well as met some very good people on this site. Going to pop 3-4 local skunk bud seed's in the next couple of days and see if I can put what I've learned to good use!

sad to hear better luck next time g.L.

Thanks, bud. I still have three that are hanging on for dear life. Out of them three one looks promising. If that one can make it AND be female, she will definitely be a bad ass plant after all of this. Just waiting it out at this point.

yeh i dont know just how bad they are but if there clinging to life and pull out of it thats one tough mamma she should live for many generations lol. just my opinion.gl with her bro ill be prayin for her.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune Tribe. It would of been shattering seeing them go. I would love to see a pic of the remaining 3 that are holding on so dearly, if it is possible of course :smokin:.

In the end though as you mentioned, you learn a lot, next time it is so much easier up until that stage, then you can concentrate more on learning about the next stages. It's a great cycle really. :roorrip:

Best of luck brother Tribe.

Back
Top Bottom