Redneck Ghetto Grow

Thanks botanist85 for checking in. I actually feel like the whole thing has been a bit redneck.?. Just wish I would have been able to use some better mediums to start with. Will help me in future quests though having to deal with what the cheaper mediums are throwing at me.

Hey all! Was at Lowes today and saw Bonnies Plant Food etc. and was wondering if this combined with some fish emulsion would be a good low-cost way to get some nutes during Veg.. Here is the rundown:
PRODUCT: BONNIE PLANTS HERB & VEGETABLE PLANT FOOD 8-4-4

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS (%)
TOTAL METALS IN PRODUCT (ppm)

Total Nitrogen (N) 8.0000 Arsenic <0.1000
Available Phosphoric Acid (P2O5) 4.0000 Cadmium 0.6100
Soluble Potash (K2O) 4.0000 Cobalt 1.6000
Calcium (Ca) Mercury <0.0200
Magnesium (Mg) Molybdenum 11.3000
Sulfur (S) Nickel 0.1000
Boron (B) Lead <0.1000
Chlorine (Cl) Selenium <0.1000
Cobalt (Co) Zinc 101.8000
Copper (Cu) The symbol "<" indicates the minimum detection limit. The metal was not found at or above the minimum detection limit.
Iron (Fe)
Manganese (Mn)
Molybdenum (Mo) Waste-Derived?
Sodium (Na) Micronutrient Fertilizer?
Zinc (Zn) Phosphate-Containing Fertilizer Material?
GYPSUM & LIMING MATERIALS (%)
(%)

Calcium Carbonate (CaCO3) Magnesium Carbonate (MgCO3)
Calcium Carbonate Equivalent (CaCO3) Calcium Sulfate (CaSO42H2O)

I don't know much about this nute stuff yet. I do know that I don't have the "good stuff" around here, and cannot order it. Input please!

Hey all. I think the babies are going to be going guerrilla on Tuesday. Seems the MG soil or the water one is causing some lockout or something. 10 out of 11 are the light green color now and moving kinda slow compared to a few days ago. Set the tap water out for 3 days to try and neutralize it but not showing a difference. They will be kind of small to be going out on there own but don't really see any other way. I can then use the down time to concentrate on getting everything in order to do an indoor with all of the proper materials. Been looking into the ak-48's and snow white. Would really want to try something that is relatively 'easy' for someone new and something fast. Any ideas?

Good luck with taking the ladies out side! hope you'll continue this journal when possible to check in on them.

Any plans for your next indoor grow. IE grow space light rig ect.. ?

Good luck with taking the ladies out side! hope you'll continue this journal when possible to check in on them.

Any plans for your next indoor grow. IE grow space light rig ect.. ?

Thanks man. Well I've got the (8) 26 watters in the vanity setup that I can use. I would like to try the 5 gallon diy rig for hydro. Thinking that may be easier to keep regulated than soil. Size wise, I would like to grow 2 every three to 4 months. Maybe 36"X36"X48". Could use some suggestions on seeds for a short grow with a mostly 'up' fix. :slide:

Wish i could recommend a Strain but i dont really have the exp with any to help. Though my choice of seeds for when i buy genetics is called Blue mystic. Never tried or grow but it sounds nice.

Sex : Feminized
Type : Mostly indica
Flowering : Photoperiod Genetics : Indica strain with some origins in California
Flowering Time : Medium, Long Outdoor Harvest : N/A
Height : Short THC Level : High
Characteristics : Earthy smooth somewhat fruity berry flavour with good shelf life

Nirvana Seeds Blue Mystic is another marijuana cannabis seed we are pleased to offer from Nirvana Seed Collection.
The original strain of Blue Mystic came from sunny California. She absorbed the warmth and head-spinning fragrances of the orange county and slowly released it with a heavy stoned finishing twist.
Mainly indica, Blue Mystic cannabis seeds produce attractive healthy plants as high as 50-70 cm. They look happier when grow in small groups. Though, with a bit of extra attention (like not to let it dry out), she shows good results when grown as an individual cannabis plant. When grown indoors, this marijuana has a neutral smell compared to many other strains.
Blue Mystic marijuana is famous for her velvety blue hues that show up about mid-way into flowering. The flowering period is surprisingly short, from 7 to 9 weeks. As a typical indica, she produces heavy buds which get absolutely covered in crystals when matured. This cannabis is a very good yielder - 450 gr. of dried product per plant is not a bad result for an indica. She has an earthy smooth, somewhat fruity berry flavour with excellent shelf life.

Blue Mystic features many of the cannabis desirable qualities, along with an added colourful appearance, a light berry aftertaste when smoked and a heavy stoned effect.

But i dont think its the uppity high your looking for.

PS: got my update up! hehe

That doesn't look to shabby. i was just looking in to the Bucketeer DWC setup from here:SH Hydroponics, Inc. > Bucketeer DWC Kit Reviews are 5 stars. Think I could figure on 4 oz. every 3-4 mths. with just one of these and the right strain! I like the weight and high described with the Blue Mystic. Definitely starting to see the light!

That doesn't look to shabby. i was just looking in to the Bucketeer DWC setup from here:SH Hydroponics, Inc. > Bucketeer DWC Kit Reviews are 5 stars. Think I could figure on 4 oz. every 3-4 mths. with just one of these and the right strain! I like the weight and high described with the Blue Mystic. Definitely starting to see the light!

Seem well put together but for $50 I cant help but feel you could build it cheaper. I am a fan of the simpler Approach of using the rubbermaid tubs. But then again I just don't like spending cash on things I can build my self and for less cash.

Definitely will look in to the diy approach. I'm with you on the spending tip. Could probably build two for an extra 15 - 20 bucks. I like a cheap double up! Thanks man for shootin' the 5hit with me and I will definitely keep updating with the outdoor thing if they make it. Got storms forecast for thursday so i hope it doesn't get too rough on them. they are pretty low to the ground still.

Definitely will look in to the diy approach. I'm with you on the spending tip. Could probably build two for an extra 15 - 20 bucks. I like a cheap double up! Thanks man for shootin' the 5hit with me and I will definitely keep updating with the outdoor thing if they make it. Got storms forecast for thursday so i hope it doesn't get too rough on them. they are pretty low to the ground still.
So tribesun75,
Give us some info on your little gorilla grow plans. Like what nukes, and how you plan to amend that blue grass soil. I'm from London, and live in NE now. 3 yr. old cow poop compost , mixed 50/50 with that native soil, with about 8 qts of perlite per hole, is how i'd start. What kind of pests you got in your area ?? Rabbits, deer, gophers, bugs, etc . i can't safely plant till about 1st. week in june, in the frozen tundra. And then have to worry about frost in early sept. !! I hope you just continue this journal ?? :cool::cool:

Thanks Slowpuffer for checking in. Yes we have got all of them pests. As far as the amendments, believe it or not, most of the stuff that is grown in E. Ky. is straight from the earth. The soil is rich in nutes to begin with. I really plan on sticking them in just to see if mother nature can make right what I seem to have wronged i.e. ph, MG soil. They are not looking very healthy right now. They are very light green and moving very slowly. I'f they do not make it I at least have access to some more local skunk seeds that I can get out in time.

Would really want to try something that is relatively 'easy' for someone new and something fast. Any ideas?

I had some beginners luck with a lowryder2 AF. I harvested 20G in 66 days. My next grow with this strain is going to be using LST method. I was hoping for 2 plants this time (space restriction) but only 1 has broken ground in the 1st week.

Looking good bro! I like the idea of seeing a 'ghetto redneck grow' through it's stages :grinjoint:

You have an interesting setup and I am sure you will learn a lot through this grow cycle, of course mistakes only induce knowledge so it's good. I'm curious, as if it was mentioned I must of read over it, but do you what strain/s are you growing? Or is it a shot in the dark? The reason I ask is because you can find out a heap of beneficial growing techniques/info on each strain, which can help heaps.

I also think your dog is beautiful, I love the German Sheppard breed :smokin:

I'm excited to see the journal pan out, keep up the good work bro! :peacetwo: :goodluck:

I had some beginners luck with a lowryder2 AF. I harvested 20G in 66 days. My next grow with this strain is going to be using LST method. I was hoping for 2 plants this time (space restriction) but only 1 has broken ground in the 1st week.
I will def check that out dohmixer as the sooner I don't have to rely on someone else for my meds the better!

Looking good bro! I like the idea of seeing a 'ghetto redneck grow' through it's stages :grinjoint:

You have an interesting setup and I am sure you will learn a lot through this grow cycle, of course mistakes only induce knowledge so it's good. I'm curious, as if it was mentioned I must of read over it, but do you what strain/s are you growing? Or is it a shot in the dark? The reason I ask is because you can find out a heap of beneficial growing techniques/info on each strain, which can help heaps.

I also think your dog is beautiful, I love the German Sheppard breed :smokin:

I'm excited to see the journal pan out, keep up the good work bro! :peacetwo: :goodluck:

Thanks Andy for stopping by! It is really a shot in the dark. All I can tell you for sure is that 3 hits from the bong and you really didn't want or need anymore. :smokin: It's kind of bumming me out as I don't know if they are going to make it. I've been dealing with the leaves turning light green on me over the last few days. I transplanted one today and in addition to the ph, MG soil thing I feared, they are not draining properly. I've got some good local skunk seeds that are available to me.

hey Red,i too worried much more than i should. but thats better than being too lax,right? anyway have you thought of a small green house or a "hot box".my grandma had a wood box 3' x 5' 1.5' deep with some old wooden window panes on top (very cool redneck style)for her "pre -spring" gardening.that way she could keep most of them critters away. up here in the great northwest its slugs that eat lots of weed.... so hang on,try not to worry too much and happy herbing. happy trails,todd and be proud of your Red Neck blood.

Hello, redneck brother! Thanks for stopping by. I have pondered the idea of something like that, however I have a landlord who is unpredictable at times. As of right now I'm going to try and aerate the containers as much as possible to aid in the drying out of the soil. The roots are still nice and white though, so I am still leaning towards the ph issue.

Here you go 3lions. Sorry if the pics aren't the greatest.
IMG_18261.JPG

IMG_18271.JPG

IMG_18282.JPG

IMG_18302.JPG

IMG_18331.JPG

I didn't realize I had the dimensions set so low. I can blow them up if needed, no problem. Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom