Reflectors on COBs: Not needed?

Usually the reflector can help the light more intense and also give you better coverage as well. So it is helpful, but without it, the light can also work. You can buy one when they have stock.

No, this is simply not true and a physical impossibility.
If it was true, you just invented free energy...

You can never get both higher intensity AND better spread with reflectors/lenses, it's always one or the other!!!
And reflectors/lenses will always lower the total photon output!!!

Reflectors and lenses can focus the light, so the intensity is higher in a smaller area - you will lose photons absorbed by the reflector or lense.
Compromize: less coverage and lower output.

Lenses (not reflectors) can spread the light so you get less intensity, but cover a larger area - you will lose photons absorbed by the lense.
Compromize: lower intensity and lower output.

No, this is simply not true and a physical impossibility.
If it was true, you just invented free energy...

You can never get both higher intensity AND better spread with reflectors/lenses, it's always one or the other!!!
And reflectors/lenses will always lower the total photon output!!!

Reflectors and lenses can focus the light, so the intensity is higher in a smaller area - you will lose photons absorbed by the reflector or lense.
Compromize: less coverage and lower output.

Lenses (not reflectors) can spread the light so you get less intensity, but cover a larger area - you will lose photons absorbed by the lense.
Compromize: lower intensity and lower output.
If reflector cannot help, why would we use the reflector cloth in the grow room and why the grow tent cloth is reflective? Many of our lights are designed with the reflector, it won't cut down the light output, because it is not the one which will stop the light from putting out like the lens or glasses. The way it works is it will reflector the lights which are spreading out reflect back from the 360 degree and light will mix and so that it will get better data in that area. As to the coverage, it depends on the reflector degree, some are using 90 degree, some use 120, some use bigger, and the bigger degree, the bigger coverage, while less intense in the area.
I agree the energy concerse idea you mean, no new energy will be created, but with the reflector design, we can control what we have better.

man, IDk. I can tell you, i added the white reflectors, and i got a great increase according to the HydroFarm Par meter everywhere i took the reading, then before without the reflectors.

i can do another readings in the days comin, i got nothing growing so its empty, just have to get the time.

man, IDk. I can tell you, i added the white reflectors, and i got a great increase according to the HydroFarm Par meter everywhere i took the reading, then before without the reflectors.

i can do another readings in the days comin, i got nothing growing so its empty, just have to get the time.

Yeah I've seen that before from other people taking readings. This info comes from the integrated test spheres according to timber lights. So that's what made me wonder about it. I took them off and will see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom