Refriedbeano's Outdoor Mayhem

refriedbeano

420 Member
This is my third season growing outdoors. I've been building out on public land next to a dam, since last year I've been harassed by the water authority, the head of security of this organization has found all my "sites" so I'm going to have to build a new one when the seedlings mature up.
I've been designing and testing some new machines to automatically dry and cure marijuana, called the budcure box and cannaster. They are needing some attention but I still have allot of time to work on them.
Right now I just got the seeds in and I'm almost ready to get into gardening mode. I have to glue down the cloche greenhouse that i have to some foam board because last year ants ate my seedlings. I haven't seen any around but you never know. The type of marijuana is called grandaddy purple Autoflower seeds, from 420, but I've noticed that the phenotype is all over the place with this company, so it might not even matter what they are. But I got 20 of them, and plane to start small and plant only two of them, then keep on planting as i move them out of the cloche.
For the BudCure Box I have to CNC a new PCB because I have had nothing but problems trying to get the relay or mosfet switches to actually work. It takes so much to CNC the board, put all the components on it, make sure it all works only to find it didn't. But other than that i just have to install a fan and its ready to dry.
For the Cannaster (the machine inside the BudCure Box) the lid isn't designed right and it doesn't let the pressure get down enough to dry the plant material. I have to redesign the lid and gasket to try and improve on that, because in the enclosed space the buds will grow mold in only half a day. But the whole purpose of the Cannaster is to get the bud to the perfect 63% rh so you can throw it in a mason jar and store it away, without burping it.

Strain/s: Grandaddy purple
Genetic Makeup: autoflower
Pot/Bucket Size: 3.5 Gallon
Grow Space: 5'X5' platform outside
How Many Plants: adding one a week once started
Environment: Outdoor
Stage: yet to be planted
Medium: Fox Farms soil
Pests: Expect the unexpected
Watering: TBD

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg

This is my third season growing outdoors. I've been building out on public land next to a dam, since last year I've been harassed by the water authority, the head of security of this organization has found all my "sites" so I'm going to have to build a new one when the seedlings mature up.
I've been designing and testing some new machines to automatically dry and cure marijuana, called the budcure box and cannaster. They are needing some attention but I still have allot of time to work on them.
Right now I just got the seeds in and I'm almost ready to get into gardening mode. I have to glue down the cloche greenhouse that i have to some foam board because last year ants ate my seedlings. I haven't seen any around but you never know. The type of marijuana is called grandaddy purple Autoflower seeds, from 420, but I've noticed that the phenotype is all over the place with this company, so it might not even matter what they are. But I got 20 of them, and plane to start small and plant only two of them, then keep on planting as i move them out of the cloche.
For the BudCure Box I have to CNC a new PCB because I have had nothing but problems trying to get the relay or mosfet switches to actually work. It takes so much to CNC the board, put all the components on it, make sure it all works only to find it didn't. But other than that i just have to install a fan and its ready to dry.
For the Cannaster (the machine inside the BudCure Box) the lid isn't designed right and it doesn't let the pressure get down enough to dry the plant material. I have to redesign the lid and gasket to try and improve on that, because in the enclosed space the buds will grow mold in only half a day. But the whole purpose of the Cannaster is to get the bud to the perfect 63% rh so you can throw it in a mason jar and store it away, without burping it.

Strain/s: Grandaddy purple
Genetic Makeup: autoflower
Pot/Bucket Size: 3.5 Gallon
Grow Space: 5'X5' platform outside
How Many Plants: adding one a week once started
Environment: Outdoor
Stage: yet to be planted
Medium: Fox Farms soil
Pests: Expect the unexpected
Watering: TBD

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1060.jpg
Great start buddy.
Welcome to 420magazine :welcome:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Looking good! Been there my friend! Keep your head on a swivel! You will find something. Ive been there with i.l.g.m seeds. Literally could not grow 2 plants the same. Nearly 50 seeds, gave up. Went to mystery beans from bags over the years. Much more consistent!

Enjoy yourself stay safe! We're all here if you need help!

Thanks for the kind welcome! I was thinking with autoflower the ruderalis gene contributes most to the phenotype, but last year was all over the place. I don't really mind though because i just want to test out my machines.... BUT

has anyone ever tried to get a feminized autoflower to herm? I have tried to use the silver method but on two separate occasions nothing ever happened. I was planning on maybe getting some other genetics just so i can make my own seed supply.

I have had some of their seeds that were extreme gsc that hermied.

If that's what you looking to do. It shouldn't be hard. I works get it to flower, then totally f the light schedule 12 hrs her 6 hrs here 18 hrs here 3 hrs here etc.

You could always get male pollen from a photo, try that

Getting the spot together, only took me one go to get this platform up and its pretty solid. I drove inch thick rebar into the ground to hold it in place.
Planning on growing regular genetics in 15 gallon pots along side the autoflowers. I'm just wondering how im going to get all females into the 15 gallon pots without having to transplant at flowering. Maybe I will just order demonized and try my luck at inducing herms.
Next up for this spot is getting atleast 3 55 gallon barrels for water, bending some rebar to hold up some bug netting, and working on camoflauging. Specifically im worried about drones spotting me, but its not a huge concern.
I had to cut down a tree and this vulture must have a nest back in the rocks cause he jumped into the tree as I was trying to make it fall over.

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

download (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom