Register now for the Capn's cook off contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am interested in aquaponics for my outdoor veggie garden. But I just can't see growing one pounders with fish poop. But then I haven't done much research on it. I'm into simplifying my set up. Auqaponics sounds fun but I just can't imagine a vat full of tilapia in my basement, and hoses everywhere :)

If you do decide to do aquaponics, please let me know. Also, if you have read any good articles on it, please pass them along.

man I love that cloner. I don't understand why so many other companies sell cloners with no humidome. In my opinion, it is necessary. They look happy in there. Nice clean set up, and I like your labels.

What is your recipe for the water ? And how often do you run the sprayers?

you know I am still messing around with tiny bits of this and that and am back to the drawing board. I run the sprayer pump 24/7. I want to try some of the rapid start I was gifted, there tiny 1 ounce bottles but they gave me 6 of em. I think the tap water with the clorine did the best, no ph no nothing and 7 days later theres bumps 9 -10 days fully rooted. Most of the time I try to have them transplanted in 12 days cause at 15 theres too much roots and I just like the roots to develop the centipede look in their medium. I think they stress once there that mature putting them in something other than water. Guess well see how the others are doing tonight when I get back out there

I am interested in aquaponics for my outdoor veggie garden. But I just can't see growing one pounders with fish poop. But then I haven't done much research on it. I'm into simplifying my set up. Auqaponics sounds fun but I just can't imagine a vat full of tilapia in my basement, and hoses everywhere :)

If you do decide to do aquaponics, please let me know. Also, if you have read any good articles on it, please pass them along.

I am going to be setting up an aquaponics garden/pond next year hopefully with one of those icp tubes

you know I am still messing around with tiny bits of this and that and am back to the drawing board. I run the sprayer pump 24/7. I want to try some of the rapid start I was gifted, there tiny 1 ounce bottles but they gave me 6 of em. I think the tap water with the clorine did the best, no ph no nothing and 7 days later theres bumps 9 -10 days fully rooted. Most of the time I try to have them transplanted in 12 days cause at 15 theres too much roots and I just like the roots to develop the centipede look in their medium. I think they stress once there that mature putting them in something other than water. Guess well see how the others are doing tonight when I get back out there

What timing does your cloner recommend?

I use a cycle timer and ran mine 1 minute on/1 minute off. Seemed to work well for me, but I've only had one real batch and my test batch of a couple clones.

i will man, thats going to be a hoot to do lol

im going to be hooking up my rig for this soon, im going to do a 7.5 gal trash can with a 5 gal pot for mine then, "im going for the over kill", with a 1000w watt to kill it lol im just waiting for my plants to finish up a bit and i can clear out my room a bit, right now i have to remove plants just so i can get in there to do anyhting lol

i will man, thats going to be a hoot to do lol

im going to be hooking up my rig for this soon, im going to do a 7.5 gal trash can with a 5 gal pot for mine then, "im going for the over kill", with a 1000w watt to kill it lol im just waiting for my plants to finish up a bit and i can clear out my room a bit, right now i have to remove plants just so i can get in there to do anyhting lol

JLT, do you have a plant that will be ready to flower "capn style" by 9-15? If so, post a pic of it here now and you're in!

I think slingblade is going to use a 1k watt too. I'm going to have a hard time competing with you guys! We will be posting in one journal. I'm trying to convince him to do two 3' x 5' plants scrogged side by side, for a total size of 5 x 6!

i should be good by then ill try to focus on geting my cloner going tonight, need to get my next run ready as it is, trying to get some perpetual motion to keep my yeild up and stock piled haha, i dont mind sitting on extra product, makes me feel safe lol

JLT, do you have a plant that will be ready to flower "capn style" by 9-15? If so, post a pic of it here now and you're in!

I think slingblade is going to use a 1k watt too. I'm going to have a hard time competing with you guys! We will be posting in one journal. I'm trying to convince him to do two 3' x 5' plants scrogged side by side, for a total size of 5 x 6!

The cookies that will be reloading room b in two weeks will do fine in that room. Maybe if the critical plus and the OG veg up nice I can dedicate the 8 by 8 secret jardin (crap) to two top feed cube grows. I dont mind and with the crappyness of this months cuts it might be a wise thing to do :)

Hey s1ing, you will have plenty of time before you even need to set up for it. For now, after your clone is rooted, you can just sit it in an ordinary 1 gallon nursery pot full of grow cubes, water it generously every other day, and mingle it under light with your other dirt plants. When you transfer from cloner to cubes, remember to first soak your cubes in a very low nutrient solution with a PH of around 5.8. You shouldn't notice any transfer shock. If you mingle it in with the dirt plants, it will be cool to compare the growth rates.

After it is in flower, a 400watter centered over it is enough. A 1000w would be cool but is overkill. That said, if you want to use the 1000w you could always do two of them, side by side, from the same res, maybe in a 6' x 5' area.

1g per watt is easier to achieve with the 400.

I bet. If I had it to do all over again I would have gotten a bunch of old school electronic 400 watt ballasts and run em bare. Might still do that next year. I can't remember who? (sorry) but there is a 5x4 light to plant matrix where you set up 5 lights like a die on its 5 side and put four plants under them and that way each plant get three HIDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom