RO Water & Earth Box

So I have RO water that I normally use for my humidifier. I prefer to reduce the amount of white film on all my stuff if possible. I was wondering if anyone has any input regarding using it an earth box style container with a faux soil less medium. Low pH better for this kind of medium correct? What if I used RO that has a higher pH like 7.5?

Medium is coco, peat, worm castings, perlite, pumice, and some handfuls of larger coco mulch pieces.

Thoughts on using this with a living organic soil blend? I know that LOS has an easier time buffering pH which is great because it is one less thing to monitor.

Here are some of the water parameters
pH: 5.9
TDS: 256
Conductivity: 375

Example of the container.

Thanks for the incoming wisdom!

Good Morning @BakedARea

I picked up one of these boxes, but haven't even opened it up yet.

I am thinking about trying los in one.
So far, it has held a consistent moisture level. Looking forward to getting a plant in there.

RO water is fine. I've been using it for years. Your 7.5pH straight RO water is fine.

If you're mixing nutrients follow the label for pH and change as needed after the mix.
The RO permeate I get is 5.9-6.1 on average. I get them filled before being treated with chlorine and CO2 gas. I'd rather adjust it up if needed than introduce chlorine into the water.

I went ahead and added a couple gallons into the reservoir. I did add dolomite lime to the medium so that should help with the pH buffer. I need to reread the instructions but I think I have to add more half way through the grow.

Back
Top Bottom