Roadrunner 126 Watt LED Via DWC

Sure wish you had some pictures of when it was growing from seedling to end result for a comparison to what I have going, only mine is twice the size around 48" tall right now and flowering for around 2 weeks.

LH so you did ther process of gumby hash method, was it an easy process or hard to one to do? and that was the gumby bubble hash method:smokin:

It was really easy and you really don't much in the way of supplies.

It took me a little longer to evaporate the excess liquid once I hit the wax paper step because I got conservative and didn't want to lose any trichomes when I was reducer the water from the jar. Trying to say I left a little too much water in there.

Since I was only doing one plant, I probably should have used a more narrow final step - like a pipette so the solid/water line was more clear.

This is all talk of optimization though - it really was quite simple.

Sure wish you had some pictures of when it was growing from seedling to end result for a comparison to what I have going, only mine is twice the size around 48" tall right now and flowering for around 2 weeks.

I kept a record of the height and other details but didn't start taking pictures until around day 53.

I saw first sign of hairs at day 14 and it was 6". Then it started to grow vertically about 1/2" to 1" a day for 21 days. Then all stretch stopped and it swelled until the end. I starved her for the last week so she'd suck all the residual nutrients out of the biomass.

I've read that 40% of the total flowering period is stretch and 60% is swell. My grow followed this pattern to the day.

Mine was 20" even, yours is huge - I can't wait to see how she finishes for you :surf:

Very nice Roadrunner grow my friend! Those buds look delicious! Have you tasted any yet? I too am growing a Roadrunner right now and mine is 14 days into flowering, under a 600W HPS. It is currently 26" tall and still stretching! I can only hope it swells up like yours did! Welcome to 420, by the way!

Beep Beep! Patrick Stoner would be proud of your brief tour de force.
Been lurking, semi-blinded by HID bling and got snared by your gem of a grow.
Most impressive numbers, but wait! Obvious fine quality is even more desirable.
I don't use that much medicine in 10 weeks to meet my daily needs.
Thankyou, Level Head

PS; smoke report?, please

Thanks Weeds :surf:

The aroma after a 4-5 week cure is distinctly sweet and surprisingly strong. I've got my jars in a bag and the bag is in a pail with a lid and it's still quite noticeable to walk into the room where I'm storing.

I'm going to get a vacuum sealer and portion it out in effort to restore some stealthiness.

The smoke is very smooth - not harsh at all and no sign of chemical taste (the ol snap crackle and pop from under-flushing is absent). I used final phase to flush for a 1/2 day, then plain water for 8 days before harvest, and am really happy with the result.

The high is great and not overwhelmingly strong. It's a creeper that starts in the head and provides that curiousity based Sativa feel in the beginning. No sign or symptom of paranoia based feelings. The head high subsides a bit as the body stone comes on but the head high never fully goes away. It's a pretty decent mix for my needs.

It's not the strain I'd want for energetic high daytime function. It's more a great nighttime relaxer that's great for creativity, reflection, and a sound sleep. :rollit:

looks like i'm a bit late, but wow.

Awesome grow man, props for the green thumb!
lets see, a list of compliments here:

roots: very healthy. . . always the best signal to plant vigor.
leaves: green. . . nutes and pH right on.
Buds: Huge! . . . means everything was kicking the whole way through.

man, that RR really gets fat, and has low leaf/bud ratio, doesn't it? sounds like a nice smoke.

If you plan to vacuum seal those babies. . . make sure to get hard plastic containers unless you dont care about smushing the hell out of the buds.

If you had one of those little dorm fridges, that would do it too. make it keep longer, and stop smell. . . my dad has a basement fridge with a lock, whatever i give him, he keep's in it. its the only place that doesn't have people asking where the dead skunk is. lol.

Fantastic. This was just the journal I've been looking for to see a properly executed small med grow w/LEDs.

Solidly one of the best little journals I've seen.

And FANTASTIC results on the plant. Looks to be good smoke and nice pleasant size buds.

:welldone::thanks::bravo::peace::rollit:

+Reps

Thanks Weeds :surf:

The aroma after a 4-5 week cure is distinctly sweet and surprisingly strong. I've got my jars in a bag and the bag is in a pail with a lid and it's still quite noticeable to walk into the room where I'm storing.

I'm going to get a vacuum sealer and portion it out in effort to restore some stealthiness.

The smoke is very smooth - not harsh at all and no sign of chemical taste (the ol snap crackle and pop from under-flushing is absent). I used final phase to flush for a 1/2 day, then plain water for 8 days before harvest, and am really happy with the result.

The high is great and not overwhelmingly strong. It's a creeper that starts in the head and provides that curiousity based Sativa feel in the beginning. No sign or symptom of paranoia based feelings. The head high subsides a bit as the body stone comes on but the head high never fully goes away. It's a pretty decent mix for my needs.

It's not the strain I'd want for energetic high daytime function. It's more a great nighttime relaxer that's great for creativity, reflection, and a sound sleep. :rollit:
If you use canningjars, you'd never smell anything !! Never !! I'm reading your grow after the fact, and you definately did a great job !! And the results speak for themself !!:yahoo:

A little late, but your journal is still a Journal in Progress.

Wish those few lights didn't go out, but really not that big of a deal in the big picture.

Here's a plant's eye view

I looked at your picture and I can assure you that none of your LEDs stopped working. Those are for sure the IR leds and they appear the exact same way on my light that is why they are in the same bank, because they are the same IR leds she uses in here light engines or whatever she calls'em.

Try "looking" at it with your digital camera's LCD viewscreen. Might not (probably doesn't) work with all parts of the IR spectrum, but that's how I check remote controls to see if they're working when I have a problem with "consumer electronics." The IR lights will show up when I hit buttons on a working remote. Worth giving it a try.

Back
Top Bottom