Dooski's Grow v3.0 Dwc Igloo Dinafem Roadrunner

as the great Vick would say.. "WIW!!!!" LOL

that plant is looking lovely brother! one thing i love about growing 1 or 2-3 plants at a time is you can spend time to really prune it up to look picture perfect- so to speak... nice LST work bro.. im loving your system- its so damned simple! and thats what i love about it! simple DIY that WORKS WELL :cheesygrinsmiley: imho that is what growing is all about.. making do with what you have at that particular time- great bro, making a cool hydro unit out of a cooler and an air stone. :thumb:
personally though.. i could see you training them over a little more would open them up even more.. but thats just me bro, you are spot on :cheesygrinsmiley:
what you inadvertently did with your trunk ties is what we do quite often in horticulture, here we call it "sincturing" or "girdling".. its curious if this was really accidental because it is used often to promote better flowering and fruit production in horticulture... sincturing simply refers to making circular incisions through the bark of branches or trunks- we sometimes use chainsaw blades which ends up looking something like a garrote.. this is done to temporarily block the transportation of carbohydrates down the 'phloem', thus causing an accumulation of carbos ABOVE THE GRIDLE. the accumulated starch in the branch may then contribute to better flower development, production and fruit/bud-set. :thumb:

looking forward to another very cool micro :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey Alk thanks brother! :thanks:
I love chatting with you as it makes me a smarter person! Before your post I didnt know the definition of a "garrote", a "'phloem", or "horticulture". Needless to say I now know 3 new words because of your your 1 post lol.

I tried spreading it open as much as I could. I think the problem was the tie off points arent far enough away from the middle. The branches just basically go out as far as the hooks then go upwards no matter how much you pull on them. I even put another tie a little higher on the branches to help and the tension eventually split the stalk. I think next time I may try mounting a screen or net to the lid thats like twice the diameter of the lid and do a scrog.

IMAG15511.jpg
IMAG15521.jpg
IMAG15531.jpg

ah! i didnt realize you topped it?? looks cool with those 4 main colas :cheesygrinsmiley:
yeah i see what you mean re the lst'ing further.. they are enjoying what you are doing to them anyhoo ;] no need to fix what aint broke i reckon loL
cool pics man, nice and clear.. and the trunk on that last pic? starting to look quite hefty indeed! :goodjob:

all the best brother /|\

Subbed!! This is awesome. Very cool setup. Very clean, innovative and professional looking. Great stuff, can't wait to see the rest of the show.

Subbed!! This is awesome. Very cool setup. Very clean, innovative and professional looking. Great stuff, can't wait to see the rest of the show.

Thanks alot elious! Glad to have ya!:thanks:

Im gonna have to check out your grow, the heading sounds very interesting!

Thanks alot elious! Glad to have ya!:thanks:

Im gonna have to check out your grow, the heading sounds very interesting!
Oh its interesting alright. Its a journey really...you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll ask yourselfany times 'what the f***!?'
Mad props man. Ice chest is genius!! Very impressive bud you threw on dasher's journal. Well played sir.

Very nice Doosk:goodjob: I am In!! your technique is very well thought out, and your roots looked bright n white! Its a beautiful thing brother!

Thanks herbman! Glad to have ya!:thumb:

Just got done doing a res change and she is doing well. Starting to fill out nicely! And the one little mutant plant is continuing its weird growth. Have you guys ever seen anything like it before? I wonder if I should just start another seed now before to much time passes. I need 2 good plants because these are going into a 10gal cooler.

Day 45

IMAG16341.jpg
IMAG16352.jpg

Little ones

IMAG16392.jpg
IMAG16382.jpg
IMAG16402.jpg
IMAG16421.jpg

Looking sweet! I really like how thorough this is. Even the starts look like something Ed Rosenthal or Mel Frank would have put together. +reps!

Looking sweet! I really like how thorough this is. Even the starts look like something Ed Rosenthal or Mel Frank would have put together. +reps!

i agree! very clean and well thought out :thumb:

the new babies look awesome brother :cheesygrinsmiley: and the big lady is looking great at day 45! :D

keep it green ma man :goodjob: :ganjamon:

Thanks alot guys! I think I may has blushed a little:adore:

Yesterday I decided to top off that little weird fan leaf on the mutant. It ended up paying off and now there is two normal sets of leaves coming in:)

Pic from yesterday

IMAG16451.jpg

Pics from today

IMAG16461.jpg
IMAG16471.jpg
IMAG16482.jpg
IMAG16492.jpg
IMAG16502.jpg
IMAG16512.jpg

that bud is looking stupendous dude :cheesygrinsmiley: i love how fast autos are :thumb:

looking as it should be :] keep it green bro /|\

Thanks! I have really grown to love autos. They are very rewarding! I know you have a little stock pile of auto's lying around, you should give them a run:)

She looks lovely. I've never grown an auto. Will you do anything with the photoperiod yourself, or just leave her on 18/6 and let her do her thing?

She looks lovely. I've never grown an auto. Will you do anything with the photoperiod yourself, or just leave her on 18/6 and let her do her thing?

Hey Hiker! Thanks for stopping in and the compliment! She will just stay on 18/6 her entire life. My last grow was a couple afgan kush ryder auto's and I found that they preferred the 18/6 vs 20/4 as recommended by the breeder. This round I went ahead and decided to just go 18/6 vs the 20/4 that is also recommended for this strain. Also there is the small added bonus of the saved electricity.

Hey Hiker! Thanks for stopping in and the compliment! She will just stay on 18/6 her entire life. My last grow was a couple afgan kush ryder auto's and I found that they preferred the 18/6 vs 20/4 as recommended by the breeder. This round I went ahead and decided to just go 18/6 vs the 20/4 that is also recommended for this strain. Also there is the small added bonus of the saved electricity.

After they start flowering, you don't switch to 12/12? That would save 1/3 more energy :winkyface:

I wish thats the way they worked, I sure miss using 12/12. But all auto's that I've researched require 18/6 or greater throughout the life of the plant. This is how they achieve their overall quick growing times, and decent yields. I suppose 12/12 is only really used to trick a plant into flowering and since auto's flower no matter what its not needed. I was curious what would happen to a auto if you 12/12'd it and did a little research. It seems it will still do its thing but it will stretch bad and yield alot less.

lol wow dude... i cant believe how fast that thing is growing..

its looking so awesome and bushy!!

Thanks drift!

Everything is running along well. The big girl is just doing her thing. And I topped the bigger young plant and got both of them put into a small cooler I had laying around to test out. I will just run them in it for a week or two if the temps permit just to test it out and help save on nutes before they go in the 10 gal cooler. I didnt have time to mount the bulbs closer together, but I will tomorrow. Keep it green!

Day 53

IMAG16941.jpg
IMAG16742.jpg
IMAG16952.jpg
IMAG16932.jpg
IMAG16971.jpg

Back
Top Bottom