Dooski's Grow v3.0 Dwc Igloo Dinafem Roadrunner

+reps!!
Awesome work man!

:high-five: Thanks elious!

I trimmed off all of the bigger fan leaves and it looks way different. Almost like one gigantic bud lol:yummy:

IMAG17972.jpg

May i bud in?

Oh wow,, that lady in the corner is looking excellent... Exactly what i want to make. I love your style. I am also using a cooler.
Here's my little closet , I am currently using a 250w 7200k MH to start my clones.

Any advise? I have two air stones and a 7.5L pump. I sealed the top with two layers of tin foil and used duct tape all around the lid. There's no insulation in the tops in These oldies. Before I did this there was way too much light getting thru my lid and netcups. Right now I have straight water in the cooler. I just got these clones and this is my first grow. I have a 400 water I'm going to add when the two plants can have it. 400w HPS + 250w 7200k Mh = bomb dual spectrum. I expect 10 or more zips from this setup if I get it all right. I did a tomotoe plant before this and learned quickly how my closet can fill up with green. I just got this new 250w mh. Perfect for clones and teens.

Would you happen to have any advise.? Seems your just a few weeks ahead of me.

-Vince.

Hey Voltrom!:ciao:

Sweet setup! You made a fantastic choice going with a cooler for a res. Imo its the best possible container you can use in a dwc setup. I went with one for my first hydro setup which was about a year ago and I have yet to have a single root problem. I would be happy to shoot you some "cooler" pointers. If you make one again you may want to mount the net pots further apart, you'll notice the tops will grow into each other pretty quickly. If you dont already have a small water pump you'll probably need to grab one, it really helps with res changes when the plants get large. Also a good simple way to keep them under control and stable when they get bigger is to attach several eyelits or j-hooks to the lid of the cooler and use them for tie of points. If you look closely at my pics you will see what im talking about. And not sure what you're using to cool it but I found one large frozen water bottle works better than a few little ones. Also in the beginning when the plants roots are small I put 1-2 gallons of bottled water in the res to take up space to help save on nutes and just remove the bottles as the roots get bigger. Thats all I can really think of at the moment. You seem to have everything together and off to a great start. I think 10oz is a good, fairly easy, achievable goal. If you have any other questions or anything feel free to ask, and I will help all I can. Also if you wanted to check out some more cooler action you can check out my other grows in my sig, a cooler was used in all of them. Good luck my friend and my the bud gods be ever in your favor!

Thanks for the advice, now that I think about it they could be further apart. But I assumed my lst techniques would work around that. I did notice you had those strings and that's a great idea. I figured I could used the handles on the 48qt to do some basic lst. But I think it would be easier for me to do a screen. Scrog method.

Honestly if your not using a cooler your really being inefficient.

I started out with a 14gal tote and got far when I started getting tired of cloudy water and using hydrogen peroxide.

This tote didn't work out as planned. So I got an old 3 gal cooler I had laying around. It worked vastly better becuase of the darkness and improved temps.

I'm using it as a fan stand now but you get the idea. Just throw a netcup in there.!

Here is my other lil collection of coolers, I have a 5 gal water dispensary on the left and a mini version of our cooler on the right. It's 5 gals also.

I was initially using this red cooler above for my two GDP clones but my water got cloudy. Could have been my hydroton not being rinsed enough or the light getting thru but I just said fuck it and put them into my 10 gal. Do you think that's okay? I have just straight water in the cooler now because I'm waiting for roots to stabilize.
I'm really excited about this new 250. I know dual spectrum for a fact grows tighter/more potent buds. I want this to be at least 10-12 oz medical grade. I think that's fairly achievable with 650w total. It's going to light my under canopy and make sure my whole plant has light and dual spectrum. The MH UVB alone makes the smell more potent.

I am interested in your light setup. Do you have experience with dual spectrum?

I too also like the cooler method. Currently I'm using an 18 gallon tote, water temps have not been a problem since its in the basement. But a cooler would be more efficient for sure.

Rdooski, your mature lady is looking mighty fine! Great job

Thanks alot everyone for your kind words!:circle-of-love::thanks:

What's the weight an light used on that auto?
I estimate it to be right at 3oz and a 400w hps was used. Not very efficient, but I grew only one plant because I was originally supposed to be moving. I wouldn't do that normally.

Got the older girl all trimmed up last night. And the younger ones are growing like crazy. The one on the right is at 32in as of today. I think the fact a newer bulb was used with them made a difference. When the lights were hanging next to each other I could see a difference in the light reflected on the wall and the newer one put out a whiter light. However they were both used when I purchased them so I really have no idea how much use they have. Bulbs will be definitely one of my next purchases.

IMAG1818.jpg
IMAG1807.jpg
IMAG18211.jpg
IMAG18261.jpg
IMAG1827.jpg
IMAG1830.jpg

grats on the harvest. That plant is a beauty! :thumb:

rdooski3 are you planning to use molasses or sweeteners during the flush?

Hey liquid! I wasn't planning to use anything, but now you have me strongly considering it since its only 1 plant. Do you have any experience with sweeteners or molasses? I've only ever used just straight ph'd water during the flush.

What's the benefit of adding sugar to a hydro system at flush?

My understanding is that sugar is to feed the beneficial bacteria colony in soil. Is there some other reason I'm not aware of? I sure don't want the plant to be putting extra sugar in the buds. Wouldn't that make a burnt sugar smell when you smoke it?

Thanks guys!:thanks:

Ya Hiker I agree, Im not really seeing the benefit either. Afterwards I came to the conclusion that I enjoy the taste of some good clean smoke and if it really needs added flavor just do it with the cotton ball method when its already dry.

Just a few pics from today. Did a res change yesterday and switched them over to the flower cycle of nutes. The bigger one is still growing like crazy, It will no doubt be my biggest auto yet.:thumb:

Day 36

IMAG18431.jpg
IMAG18441.jpg
IMAG1846.jpg

it is easier for cannabis plants to absorb simple sugars and turn those into resins, as molasses has nutrients in it as well. i have read that people use up to two tablespoons of molasses per gallon 6 hours prior to harvest to bulk up bud weight and flavor, this is similar to a carboloading product used prior to harvest. Goldengoose7 also posted a HomeMade Clearex Recipe to use as a flushing agent.

HomeMade Clearex Recipe!
Make Your Own Flushing Solution for Pennies on the Dollar!

I have posted this recipe on a few other journals and threads around here, but I have never made an official post in my own journal complete with my usual photo documentation. Until now! :thumb:

This recipe makes 2 liters worth which should last most home growers an entire season

Combine the following dry ingredients in a saucepan along with 2 Liters of Fresh RO Water...

120 grams of Dextrose (I use Coopers Brand - Used for Beer Making)
60 grams of Sucrose (Your Common White Table Sugar)
1.5 grams Sodium Benzoate (* Optional as a preservative)
1-2 drops of Green or Blue Food Coloring (For Effect! + Makes it Obvious It Isn't Just Plain Water)

P1011748.JPG

In order to fully dissolve the Sodium Benzoate into solution, I heat the mixture to 200 degrees on the stovetop. This ensures that all of the sugars and preservative are dissolved evenly into solution.

p1011757.JPG

* If you keep the mixture in the freezer till needed, you can skip adding the preservative. But BE WARNED! Sugar water grows bacteria like gang-busters so you either freeze the product till needed or use the preservative. I prefer to use the preservative so I can store the finished product at room temperature indefinitely along with all my commercial additives.

Just like the commercial version, you use 15ml of this mixture per gallon of water for flushing.

The finished product ready for use on your flowering plants!

P1011759.JPG

Enjoy! :thumb:

rdooski, I wasn't trying to suggest you don't use them at all!

I'm just not real familiar with the whole molasses/carbo thing. Back when I grew before, nobody I knew did this, so I'm still trying to understand what's going on when growers do this. :)

What is the cotton ball method?

Thanks KJC.

I've seen that post, but wasn't sure why you would use that. I can see some benefit of a flush, but then I'm in the camp that doesn't understand how adding something to water will help it flush better than plain RO. I was a computer science major in college, but I did OK in my chem classes. I seem to recall something about hypo and hyper tonic solutions and solutes wanting to move from higher concentrations to lower concentrations. hmmmm maybe the sugars are moving across the cell wall by being exchanged for something we're trying to flush out?

Are the folks you're talking about in soil or hydro? They can't possibly flush at the same rates, so I suspect techniques will differ depending on medium and grow style.

So do the sugars make the smoke taste better? huh. When I try to imagine smoking sugar, it doesn't sound appealing. I use the GH flora line, but I don't use the Floraliscious they recommend.

I was on track with ya hiker, I really just meant using them for flavor. The "cotton ball method" is just putting a few drops of the flavor extract of your choice on a cotton ball and then you put it in a jar with some smoke. Preferably not touching it.

Just a few pics from today. The big girl is still chugging along and is now 38in tall:cheesygrinsmiley:

Keep it green!;)

IMAG18642.jpg

IMAG1856.jpg
IMAG1853.jpg
IMAG1851.jpg
IMAG1860.jpg
IMAG18621.jpg

wow bro!!! that harvested plant looks superb!!! :cheesygrinsmiley: :thumb: how much did you get from it???

im very impressed by that auto man! im thinking im more and more converted to autos with each grow you do bro.. can hardly wait to get my 2nd tent to put my autos in it! :cheesygrinsmiley: man... a strain like that would go so damned well in a hydro/aero SOG setup.. got me drooling loL

and those new girls are looking HUGE! they grew pretty darn fast! this one should be very interesting to watch :cheer:

keep it up bro, i think your micro/auto grows are exceptional examples of what can be achieved with an auto.. and i know i could fit a few dozen in my 2nd tent in what i plan with an aero SOG reservoir :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom