Rock wool cloning

Doc bud man

420 Member
Guys and gals...I have been a grower for a little over 20 years...I have never had a problem cloning..well until this year..it is kicking my ass...I tried gel and rock wool...if and when they root..how do I go to soil???thats what I grow in..out side...do you plant the rock wool cube in soil?? I really feel like
A newb asking this... lol just never done any thing but old skool

I just pop them in the soil (usualy peel off the plastic band around the edge before planting). I also grew some clones in my last grow using DWC. I also just put the fiber glasss cube in the clay nuggets - She did great.

Yes - you will see the roots coming out the bottom of the cubes really quickly. It amazes me how quickly the roots grow. I like to keep my cubes in either a humidity dome to give them lots of humidity in their early days. Some people do an intermediate step and put them in Solo Cups with soil similar to you outdoor soil and let them develop some good root before going into the ground. Really a personal preference.

Grow pot cheaply advise to keep the plastic around the cube. I wonder what s the difference between two plants one with the plastic that was left and the other without. I ve never understood why some growers put for example a whole small pot in a bigger one vs others that get the plant put of the smaller container then put it in the bigger one

Sorry I have nothing flash...I am strictly a few plants out side...just never delt with rock wool cloning...so I thought I would reach out

Thanks it s fine

I m going to try by myself. I ve put yesterday 3 seeds in little rockwool cube that then will be placed in a bigger one. I ll leave the plastic on both and see what happens

I think a lot of new ideas come from trying different methods.... I know I do some things a lot different than I did 20 years ago... I find it fun and mentally challenging to go out side the box... some work... others are epic fails... good luck and grow on

The main reason some people may place in intermediate containers prior to final pot is to acclimate the plant to the new growing medium. I once had some problems going directly from cubes into CoCo. The CoCo was so absorbent it was wicking all the water out of the cubes.

My last grow I went into immediate pots (solo cups) for a couple days prior to the final pots mostly because I hadn't received my pots yet. When I transplanted after just a couple days there were already roots almost to the bottom of the cups. The plants all did well and I got 6/6

The main reason some people may place in intermediate containers prior to final pot is to acclimate the plant to the new growing medium. I once had some problems going directly from cubes into CoCo. The CoCo was so absorbent it was wicking all the water out of the cubes.

My last grow I went into immediate pots (solo cups) for a couple days prior to the final pots mostly because I hadn't received my pots yet. When I transplanted after just a couple days there were already roots almost to the bottom of the cups. The plants all did well and I got 6/6

Thanks for your input!

Back
Top Bottom