RSO for colon cancer stage 4: bowel obstruction

ColonCancer

420 Member
Hi,

I've been reading on this forum for some time to learn as much as possible. My mother has colon cancer and a few weeks left to live, but I refuse to give up on her. We have 30 Ml of RSO with 61,5% THC ( 3:1 ratio and made from chemical free indica strains). I have read that it's adviseable to use suppositories when taking the oil, but I know my mother will never allow cannabis up her bum with my help or by herself, so we'll have to take it orally using gelatin capsules.

I'm planning on giving her 60 mg of RSO five times a day (300 mg in total) with a new dose every 4-5 hours. I know bioavailability is poor when taking the oil orally, but I want to make the best out of the situation. I am thinking of giving her 650 mg fish oil (330 mg EPA and 220 mg DHA) in the morning and 1200 mg of lecitin to increase bioavailability.

Do you have any advise or objections?

Give me strength.

hiya. orally won't get the dose needed to the specific area in the amounts you are gonna want to get there.

personally i would use the suppository method and back it with an oral regimen. i would be using both cbd and thc based meds.

anything to aid bioavailability is a good idea.

have you read through the base cancer treatment regimen ? here i would start there.
have a search through @SweetSue 's mmj threads. she is very versed on medical, but is not as active on the board as once was. she compiled some links
here. there are other contributors but that is a good start.

stay strong and know there are others pulling for you. knowledge is power.

hiya. orally won't get the dose needed to the specific area in the amounts you are gonna want to get there.

personally i would use the suppository method and back it with an oral regimen. i would be using both cbd and thc based meds.

have you read through the base cancer treatment regimen ? here i would start there.
have a search through @SweetSue 's mmj threads. she is very versed on medical, but is not as active on the board as once was. she compiled some links

Hi and thank you for your reply.

I do know that taking the oil orally isn't the most efficient, and I've read the post on making suppositories, but it seems so damn complicated. I'll tell my mother that injecting the oil in the back door is better and increases likelihood of survival, hopefully she'll listen. I might just use the syringe and squeeze back up there. Do you think that's ok?

Yes, I've read the base cancer treatment regiment, and other threads on here as well.

I do apologize for my english, I'm Norwegian.

Hi and thank you for your reply.

I do know that taking the oil orally isn't the most efficient, and I've read the post on making suppositories, but it seems so damn complicated. I'll tell my mother that injecting the oil in the back door is better and increases likelihood of survival, hopefully she'll listen. I might just use the syringe and squeeze back up there. Do you think that's ok?

Yes, I've read the base cancer treatment regiment, and other threads on here as well.

I do apologize for my english, I'm Norwegian.

making capsules and suppositories is not that difficult. the capsules can be used as suppositories and there are applicators easily available for just that purpose.

i make all base infused oils for med use with an instant pot. a simple process which infuses and decarbs at the same time. you can then make whatever you like for dosing from the base oils.

instant pot method

it is usually harder to get the cannabis than make the product. you may want to grow in longer term.

scandanavian english is usually better than what they speak here ... i've been to norway.

making capsules and suppositories is not that difficult. the capsules can be used as suppositories and there are applicators easily available for just that purpose.

i make all base infused oils for med use with an instant pot. a simple process which infuses and decarbs at the same time. you can then make whatever you like for dosing from the base oils.

instant pot method

it is usually harder to get the cannabis than make the product. you may want to grow in longer term.

scandanavian english is usually better than what they speak here ... i've been to norway.

I just came back from hospital. She is willing to let me squirt RSO through her back door if it's better, which it is. She's also going to inform doctors at the hospital about using cannabis, since she is afraid of drug interaction with morphine and nausea medication.

I hope all is well, bluter. Stay strong and keep fighting.

I just came back from hospital. She is willing to let me squirt RSO through her back door if it's better, which it is. She's also going to inform doctors at the hospital about using cannabis, since she is afraid of drug interaction with morphine and nausea medication.

I hope all is well, bluter. Stay strong and keep fighting.

please send her comfort and let her know there is no negative drug interaction which could occur. none. zero. nothing.
it is important she knows that as a medical fact.

norway is pretty progressive. would imagine the doctors would have little to no issue.

there is nothing in cannabis that will "interact" with morphine. if anything it may ease the need for it and provide a level of relief of it's own.

cannabis is often prescribed as an anti-nausea agent so you are good to whirl there too. it may help somewhat with appetite as well.

also she may feel the effects of the cannabis, but that is entirely of it's own, and is also harmless. she has a right to understand that as well. also she needs to know that any effects she feels will level with tolerance, which will probably build fairly quickly.

keep digging for all the knowledge you can acquire. others are in this with you.

Hi there CC,

Bluter is spot on... there is no chance for interactions of morphine & rso or.... morphine and any form of cannabis, but yes it’s good to keep her doctors apprised. Many have combined those 2 meds for long term with no repercussions, myself included 20 years worth.

I would also suggest giving a small oral dose of rso along with the other dose as well if she can tolerate it. (Be sure to not contaminate the oil / syringes etc as lots of difference between front door and back door administration!) If euphoria is too great with oral admin there is a protocol called tacking that when done properly gives medicinal THC dose without the high. Tacking is just taking a piece of rso 1/4th the size of a grain of rice it’s administered by adhering it to the dimples in the upper gum line but without swallowing the dose) swallowing the dose is called sloppy tacking and can lead to euphoria. But even if some euphoria occurs - would that be a bad thing? The doctors give the best meds they have, but they don’t have cannabis, however you do. It’s gonna taste funky but oral admin is a very powerful tool.

I do recall SweetSue saying to use as many ECS pathways as possible. Apologies if you already tried this method and I don’t know anything about bowel obstruction but I do know THC really helps with many other stomach issues. Just be sure to keep her well hydrated as the cannabis will cause cotton mouth.

Hope this helps your mother!

Hi bluter and 013, and thank you for your replies.

I've read what you said about combing morphine and cannabis and that there won't be a drug interaction between them. I have, however, also read that interaction can happen. I quote from an article:

"Mixing marijuana with morphine is never a good idea. The two can create troubling and potentially dangerous side effects such as the following:
  • Fatigue
  • Chills
  • Blurred vision
  • Hallucination
  • Intense euphoric sensations
  • Mental confusion "

She talked to her doctor yesterday, and the doctor was positive to using RSO when she comes home. I think the doctor sees the cannabis as a means to help with sleep, eating, nausea etc. We are hoping to treat the cancer, it might be too late, but i refuse to give in just yet.

I have read about tacking on this forum, but my mother probably won't like the taste of RSO. I know she tried to place CBD oil on her tongue (I know tacking is on the gums) previously, but she almost threw up because of the taste.

I will keep you updated. Stay strong.
Kindest regards,
CC

• Fatigue
  • Chills
  • Blurred vision
  • Hallucination
  • Intense euphoric sensations
  • Mental confusion "

it's the same list for morphine alone.

parts of the medical community make a big deal out of the effects of thc with an older patient. many older patients simply have no point of reference when it comes to the effects of cannabis. or any self dosing drug other than alcohol.

remember the first time you got stoned ? - that's what it's like for them, with the added fear of a lifetime of having the evils of using it drilled in to them. they have no idea what is happening and don't know what to expect. we at least had peer guides around for the most part.

my mom accidentally dosed herself with some brownies i had made. she wanted them to look nice and trimmed them, then ate the trimmings. while it was a harmless event, she was less than comfortable. now she knows what to expect, and has no trouble taking a low dose thc pill a few hours before bedtime to help her get through the night.

it's the same list for morphine alone.

parts of the medical community make a big deal out of the effects of thc with an older patient. many older patients simply have no point of reference when it comes to the effects of cannabis. or any self dosing drug other than alcohol.

remember the first time you got stoned ? - that's what it's like for them, with the added fear of a lifetime of having the evils of using it drilled in to them. they have no idea what is happening and don't know what to expect. we at least had peer guides around for the most part.

my mom accidentally dosed herself with some brownies i had made. she wanted them to look nice and trimmed them, then ate the trimmings. while it was a harmless event, she was less than comfortable. now she knows what to expect, and has no trouble taking a low dose thc pill a few hours before bedtime to help her get through the night.

I remember my first time. My eyes got red, but I wasn't affected that much. A friend of mine got really paranoid and was convinced the host of an afterparty was going to rape him, and he ran home without his shoes on. :laugh:

I also think we will be fine combing the two. We will start with such a low dose and progress from there, and we will inject the RSO anally, which causes less of an euphoria.

Kindest regards,
CC.

I remember my first time. My eyes got red, but I wasn't affected that much. A friend of mine got really paranoid and was convinced the host of an afterparty was going to rape him, and he ran home without his shoes on. :laugh:

I also think we will be fine combing the two. We will start with such a low dose and progress from there, and we will inject the RSO anally, which causes less of an euphoria.

Kindest regards,
CC.

get on at least an oral cbd regime as well. you will need both sides of the equation to be the most effective. cbd / thc.
aside from providing it's own benefit, cbd will help regulate the cerebral effects of any thc regime as well.

i use an oral cbd regime to mitigate the effects of diverticulitis and keep any polyp development in check. works very well when combined with an added fibre supplement.

Hi CC,

There is no possible interactions or dangers - unless she is driving a car or operating heavy machinery? No? Right, that’s the fear mongering of government & medicine we’ve all been programmed with. Plus this is cancer, the gloves are off - who really cares if granny smoked a joint if it helped her? I say that jokingly but mean it with all respect.

I have nothing but encouragement, I hope you can find relief and comfort for her. I don’t have answers but wanted to reach out. Yes double hammer with CBD and THC are appropriate. Yes explain the possibility of euphoria, go easy on THC dosing and adjust accordingly. With CBD oil dose you can dose higher or twice per day or 4 times per day because there is absolutely no negative reactions or euphoria from CBD. None zip nada. So don’t worry about mixing CBD dose with THC dose. You cannot give her too much CBD so any CBD coming over from the THC oil will not be too much or cause a high, it will moderate the THC.

If she could smoke that would be instant relief, vape would be second best, but rectal, oral and others certainly help and can last longer. I know she’s from a generation that never would take a single puff probably, so I understand that.

Whether tacking or swallowing in my opinion an oral dose need to be absorbed slowly. Yes it tastes funky & bitter but it’s a rare concentrated botanical terpenoid stew at work. This is where my best dosing begins.

Five or ten minutes of oral absorption swallow the oil and you are done. To counter any lingering bad taste take a few sips of water and then brush your teeth. Again hydrate thoroughly for cotton mouth. If you are able try the same dose and sit with her.

It’s great her doctors are supportive, kudos to them for releasing some of the fear and negativity!! There are countless folks here dealing with a myriad of different health issues all using cannabis successfully, it may not fix everything but it helps suffering greatly. You are in our thoughts & prayers, hope it helps in some small way, we are here for you guys!

Hi CC,

There is no possible interactions or dangers - unless she is driving a car or operating heavy machinery? No? Right, that’s the fear mongering of government & medicine we’ve all been programmed with. Plus this is cancer, the gloves are off - who really cares if granny smoked a joint if it helped her? I say that jokingly but mean it with all respect.

I have nothing but encouragement, I hope you can find relief and comfort for her. I don’t have answers but wanted to reach out. Yes double hammer with CBD and THC are appropriate. Yes explain the possibility of euphoria, go easy on THC dosing and adjust accordingly. With CBD oil dose you can dose higher or twice per day or 4 times per day because there is absolutely no negative reactions or euphoria from CBD. None zip nada. So don’t worry about mixing CBD dose with THC dose. You cannot give her too much CBD so any CBD coming over from the THC oil will not be too much or cause a high, it will moderate the THC.

If she could smoke that would be instant relief, vape would be second best, but rectal, oral and others certainly help and can last longer. I know she’s from a generation that never would take a single puff probably, so I understand that.

Whether tacking or swallowing in my opinion an oral dose need to be absorbed slowly. Yes it tastes funky & bitter but it’s a rare concentrated botanical terpenoid stew at work. This is where my best dosing begins.

Five or ten minutes of oral absorption swallow the oil and you are done. To counter any lingering bad taste take a few sips of water and then brush your teeth. Again hydrate thoroughly for cotton mouth. If you are able try the same dose and sit with her.

It’s great her doctors are supportive, kudos to them for releasing some of the fear and negativity!! There are countless folks here dealing with a myriad of different health issues all using cannabis successfully, it may not fix everything but it helps suffering greatly. You are in our thoughts & prayers, hope it helps in some small way, we are here for you guys!

She has never used any drugs before, and drinks very little alcohol, so she's not part of any "weed generation". Unfortunately I do not have CBD available, only RSO. I just came back from a hospital visit. It looks like she wants to use a gelatine capsule with RSO in it, and insert the capsule anally.

Thank you both for your replies. It means a whole lot to me! :)

Update:

I have given her RSO three times a day in a gelatine capsule, which is placed in her rectum. I will increase the dose slightly as she becomes more comfortable with the oil, and also give it to her four times a day. My dad (who is a doctor) got paranoid and thought it would kill her, but she feels mostly sleepy and some slight pain (? Yikes). No hallucinations and no twitching back and forth in her bed. Thank god.

Hopefully the pain will fade away with time.

Kind regards,

CC.

Update from day 20 on RSO:

I have some good news today. My mothers stomach is slowly starting to function again it seems. Last night she had some gas, and I noticed some faeces when I gave her RSO this morning. I assume her stomach isn't completely obstruct now.

Kind regards,

CC.

Good to hear.
I would get her off the morphine and just use large quantities of the RSO and get your hands on some CBD if possible.
With enough THC she shouldn't need morphine.

Thank you for your reply, Nunyabiz.

She is currently on 30 mg * 4 a day, so a total of 120 mg. We will up the dosage when she feels comfortable. I think we will settle on 240 mg a day as a final goal. Micro dosing seems to work for others.

When I think about it, we do have some CBD available at home, but she got it from a friend of a friend who knows someone who previously were addicted to narcotics.Yikes. Scared to use that stuff.

Our RSO does contaid CBD though. It's a 3:1 one ratio with 1 being CBD.

Kind regards,

CC.

Can grow your own and make oil.
That's by far the best way except that you dont get any for the first 5 months.

I grow 2 plants at a time and two grows a year and that supplies my wife and I with all the medicine we can possibly use for the year and total cost is about $200 for the year.
Of course that's after you already have all the paraphernalia you need to grow and make oil, after the initial investment its cheap.

Hey All
My Dad has colon cancer diagnosed the end of June this year. I made him RSO suppositories 2 weeks 1/2 gram each then to 1 full gram daily. I made him 100 days worth but he goes in for a MRI at 90 days in. Fingers crossed it is working. He also is a strict vegan so that helps.
my question is are there any sites that talk about what to expect when using the restroom and the descriptions of the “crime scene” it can be? I ask because he’d like to know what everyone else is experiencing to gauge if it is to be expected or not.
So if anyone knows of such places I’d really appreciate it.
Noelle

Back
Top Bottom