S2's Hydro Super Silver Sour D Haze + Dream Queen

highguyS2

Wassup everyone, this is my first grow im doing with some buddies, they will come join soon as we just smoked a blunt and all created accounts so we could log our grow and hopefully get some helpful advice from the experts :Rasta:

We purchased the Cool Cab Cool Cab and are pretty excited about it. We got the LED upgrade and CO2 just cause if your gonna do it, do it right, right. There we some defects when we got it (ex. dented front door and dented vent on the back) but overall we got it set up in good condition ready to run and growwww

Since its got 14 pots we obviously got 14 little children: 7 Super Silver Sour Diesel Haze (a tongue twister that i cant wait to blaze) and 7 Dream Queen. We got them when they were about 2 weeks from the start so they are all about 5 inches except for 1 thats up to about 8in (i call it the pitboss)
PICS COMING SOON

Anyways im sure we're gonna have a lot of questions so any helpful hints would be appreciated. We've got our fingers crossed for a great grow!!:goodluck:

Wassup my man highguyS2? I am strapped in and awaiting countdown. I love the SSSDH and your right it is a tongue twister! I go around saying that aloud to myself somethimes just to hear it said I know I am crazy but tell me something I do not know. :goodluck:

Heres the first update. The little fellas are in their homes and everything is up and working. CHeck check check it out
The_Cab.jpg
children4.jpg
first_shot.jpg
close_up10.jpg
close_up24.jpg

I have some questions, hopefully someone can help me with them.

I have a co2 booster, and i was wondering if I should put it on the top shelf in the cloning chamber or keep it down low. It has a tube attached to it that I can feed anywhere but I dont know where to rig the tube to. the water below the plants? should i just let it sit right next to the plants?

Also, what should my ppm be? Im using Moon Dust and it said use a quarter teaspoon for each gallon of water i put in. I have around 6 gallons of reverse osmosis water in there so i put 1.5 teaspns of Moon Dust. its at around 500 right now

My last question is the plants have been taking up a lot of water each day so im adding a lot. Should i be adding moon dust to the water im adding each day?

Any help would be appreciated

You can put that CO2 tube wherever you like, preferably near a fan. Something needs to be moving all that CO2 around so the plants can get it.

UPDATE CENTRAL:
Removed 5 of the clones because they never rooted. Picking up 5 new ones tomorrow to replace em. The growth on the ones that have roots (9/14) is explosive.

Put a fan up on the side to strengthen the plants so hopefully they can hold bigger buds:thumb:

Replaced the reserve tank with a 3 gallon water jug with an airstone in it so its always getting oxygen.
IMG_013810.jpg
IMG_01349.jpg
IMG_013310.jpg

I have some questions, hopefully someone can help me with them.

My last question is the plants have been taking up a lot of water each day so im adding a lot. Should i be adding moon dust to the water im adding each day?

Any help would be appreciated

I have read that you replace the amount which had been consumed. So say there are 10gal. in the tank, and the plants drink 5gal(1/2 the water). So when you add in a 1/2 strength dose. The reason being that the plants have absorbed half the nutrients along with half of the water. Or say it was a 6 Gal tank, they drink 2 Gal or 1/3 of the water/nutes. When you add those two gallons back they get 1/3 dosage of nutes. :yummy:

Whattup Highguys...nice start and it's a good idea putting the fan there to strengthen the branches, that will pay off in the long run. pH at 6.25 is a little high, probably want to keep it between 5.3+/- 0.1 and 5.9+/-0.1. If you google nutrient availability in regards to pH, anywhere between 5 and 6 looks good for hydro.
As with the ppm, it's a touch and go thing. Unless these are clones you grew out before, you'll probably have to figure it out as you go along. For me it was very tedious checking the pH and ppm every day, and also logging it so I could make future decisions based off of previous values rather than guessing.
When it comes to topping off, I logged the ppm of a fresh rez change with new nutes, the next day I would top off with RO water if needed, if the ppm dropped I would add some more nutes with the RO water to bring the ppm back up to the initial value or maybe a little higher (this is the touch and feel part) than I had it at with the fresh rez. If the ppm rose, I would dilute the solution with RO water and bring the ppm a little below the initial rez change value. If the ppm stayed roughly the same and the water level dropped and I saw new healthy growth...sweet.
I love these cool cab journals, so I'll be checking back. You also might want to check out Dweeden420's completed cool cab journal, it's inspiring :tokin:

drewhauzzzzzzzz thanks for the response. I've actually been checking up and lowering the pH a little bit so we are running closer to 5.5. My ppm's are cruisin around 400 and i've heard for the most part thats ok. I refilled some new clones in there to replace the little ones that just wouldn't grow and they are shooting up. But nothing compares to the pitboss, hes growing like a monster. And as for Dweeden420's grow journal, it's basically my bible, shes a saint. I started taking pictures with my camera as opposed to my phone, so the new pics i took last night should be up in a little bit and way better quality.

yeahhhhhhhhhh :ganjamon::goodluck:

After a long absence, and some unbelievable growth, I had a code red. The plants started dying and now there is only 5 out of 14 left. They dont look good. I tested the ph and its 5.8, its 79 degrees inside, ppm 550. The bottom of all the plants (pitboss included), just lose all their leaves and nothing is looking good. Any help to why this is happening would be appreciated.
IMG_01878.jpg
IMG_01889.jpg
IMG_018911.jpg
IMG_01905.jpg

80 seem to high on water temp Should be around 65-68 when you go over 75 there isn't much dissolved o2 in the water try some frozen water bottles in your res. Also what are your roots looking like ? Any slime ? usually higher res temp lead to root slime and rot What do they smell like . Are you using hydrozome or subcultures ? If you have slime or rot starting i would do a hydrogen peroxide treatment. Usually add 3 tbs to 1 gal of water and repeat after 3 days then on 6th day add 3 tbs per 5 gal. on 7th day flush with plain ph-ed water. after 2 days flush again and add hydrozome and subcultures to the resv with nutes.

Is this grow still alive?

If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Smoke Report?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom