Same strain, different smell?

Giantsfan24

Thanks for looking in...

I've got two gdp's working and one smells minty and the other has no odor at all. Is this normal? Seems to me that they should smell the same if the strain is the same...

Thanks!

:thanks:

Re: Same strain, different smell? WTF?!

Did they come from seed or are they clones from the same mother?

if they're from seed, you probably have 2 different phenos. If it's a clone, thats odd lol

If it's from clone could just be that one has yet to develop a noticeable smell If it's from seed then same thing or chalk it up to unstable genetics or a different pheno.

Well, to be honest, I don't know if they are from the same mother. They are clones but I bought them at a dispensary..

They are exhibiting similar characteristics..bushy and not a lot of vertical growth. So I guess it'll be a mystery...hope it's good smoke.

:Namaste:

are they in veg right now? If they're vegging, its normal for some plants to smell and others not. Once they start flowering though, if the buds smell different, you have 2 different phenos if it is indeed the same strain. I've grown around 20 plants from the same mother and they smell exactly the same every time they bloom

are they in veg right now? If they're vegging, its normal for some plants to smell and others not. Once they start flowering though, if the buds smell different, you have 2 different phenos if it is indeed the same strain. I've grown around 20 plants from the same mother and they smell exactly the same every time they bloom

Thanks for the tip off on that..I thought that should be the case but wasn't sure.

Have to agree with TCK. On my last grow I grew two plants from seeds produced from a plant that self pollinated. One smelled, looked, and tasted exactly like the host, the other had color, aroma differences, and tasted like bubble gum. Go figure.

Have to agree with TCK. On my last grow I grew two plants from seeds produced from a plant that self pollinated. One smelled, looked, and tasted exactly like the host, the other had color, aroma differences, and tasted like bubble gum. Go figure.

Surprise!! Thanks for the comment!

Back
Top Bottom